Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 03:39 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Four years old?! Poor kid. What if they're wrong? This kid gets older and realizes he's actually the gender it was born as? This is child abuse
Thats fine as well. No harm done. Although children this young who insist on being the other gender, overwhelmingly remain that way for the rest of their life.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:41 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Funny, people of certain persuasion are all for near-absolute parental rights . . . . until they disagree with what others are doing. Then all bets are off.

Let them be. It doesn't affect you. If it's between you strangers (or the government) and the (presumably) loving parents, it is clear whose decision ought to control.

Mick

Old 07-06-2015, 03:43 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
IMHO these parents should lose custody immediately.
Some government agency should be monitoring that situation for the welfare of the child, but wheres the government?

Conservatives cry we need small government, we need government out of our lives, and we need total freedom. But in this case we need bigger and stronger government to monitor that child's upbringing.

The conservatives paradox- Have a big government and the thing you hate is all around you, have a small government and the society you hate is free to flourish.

Last edited by chad3; 07-06-2015 at 04:02 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 04:01 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
I have a difficult time with these kinds of stories. Due to my own biases.

I think I get what the parents are trying to do. They don't want to create this environment where their transgendered son feels abandoned and ridiculed by his parents and maybe hurts himself or engages in dangerous behavior, or runs away.

But he is just too young to identify his sexual/gender identity in this manner.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:01 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The medical community say that transgenderism is real
Claims like this remind of it when liberals claim global warming is real because the scientific community says so. When you point out to them that not all of them actually agree man made global warming is real, they claim they don't count since global warming skeptics are "anti-science" and thus "not real scientists".

And then there is stuff like this:

Men are NOT from Mars after all: Scientist claims male and female brains are the same | Daily Mail Online

That dude is also a scientist. And yet his ideas go against the idea of transgenderism. But since he doesn't agree with the politically correct liberals I guess he simply doesn't count?

Note that I don't actually agree with his view that males and females are exactly the same. I am simply pointing out that sweeping generalizations like "the medical community thinks that X is true!" is not helpful.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:10 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Four years old?! Poor kid. What if they're wrong? This kid gets older and realizes he's actually the gender it was born as?
Then they change his clothes and cut his hair. The end.

Quote:
This is child abuse
Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Claims like this remind of it when liberals claim global warming is real because the scientific community says so. When you point out to them that not all of them actually agree man made global warming is real, they claim they don't count since global warming skeptics are "anti-science" and thus "not real scientists".

And then there is stuff like this:

Men are NOT from Mars after all: Scientist claims male and female brains are the same | Daily Mail Online

That dude is also a scientist. And yet his ideas go against the idea of transgenderism. But since he doesn't agree with the politically correct liberals I guess he simply doesn't count?

Note that I don't actually agree with his view that males and females are exactly the same. I am simply pointing out that sweeping generalizations like "the medical community thinks that X is true!" is not helpful.
Can you show me some peer-reviewed articles that say that transgenderism is malarkey?

It is just as real as homosexuality. It can even be observed in the animal kingdom.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
The parents will wonder what went wrong when the kid kills himself.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I have a difficult time with these kinds of stories. Due to my own biases.

I think I get what the parents are trying to do. They don't want to create this environment where their transgendered son feels abandoned and ridiculed by his parents and maybe hurts himself or engages in dangerous behavior, or runs away.

But he is just too young to identify his sexual/gender identity in this manner.
The sexual identity is separate from the gender identity. Children identify as either boy or girl at a very early age, so its hard for me to say that the child should be forced to identify as boy.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:18 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,051 times
This is pathetic, someone needs to inform CPS of this. My favorite comment on the video was..

"if their kid comes next week and says they want be a pony, are they going to feed their kid hay and keep them in a stable?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies