Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 08:14 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times

Advertisements

Something I find very telling is spin being put on this story by left-wing sources to justify these actions or deny their validity.

Slate, Vox, Gawker and other heartless Liberal sites have been running articles in defense of this practice. I spent some time reading discussions about this on Facebook from these sources and I didn't find a single Liberal who wasn't lashing out at Conservatives for exposing this or defending this inhumane practice.

It was repeatedly posted to /r/politics at Reddit for discussion and was repeatedly taken down by the left-wing moderators in charge of that sub, which is supposed to be a neutral politics board (and not because it was off topic -- there's unrelated abortion news on their front page right now). Not that this is a new occurrence -- they're constantly found guilty of crafting the narrative by removing submissions that present a positive Conservative slant or are critical of Democrats or Liberal policies. They allow reasonable Conservative comments to be down voted until they disappear and/or the user is banned -- anything that threatens this echo chamber is a threat.

While most of Reddit outside of /r/politics knows how much of a joke it is, three million people (mostly impressionable young people) subscribe to /r/politics, which is more than the highest rated shows on Fox News, and they're getting a blatantly and carefully crafted left-wing view of politics, with far more vitriol than anything coming from Fox. This is the way people will be getting their news in the future as TV news continues to lose viewers -- and there's a small number of people controlling what news they want people to actually hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Planned Parenthood gets no federal government funds for abortions. They only get funding for mamograms, birth control, etc.

Honestly, legality aside, I think this is an excellent idea. It gives some meaning, use and purpose to the discarded fetuses. I don't know why people would be against this type of medical research and use of the fetus *more* than being against the fetuses/babies being discarded as medical waste.

I remember this debate about the use of stem cells in medical research from over a decade ago. I think it's time to revisit it.
Yes, women can be fetus factories, what an excellent idea!

This is completely demented and further, it is murder!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:55 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Now WaPo is covering the story.

Undercover video shows Planned Parenthood official discussing fetal organs used for research - The Washington Post

It's one thing when mostly right wing blogs and news sources are covering the story, the WaPo adds a legitimacy that Planned Parenthood and it'supporters would love to avoid.
The Post article today say:

Informed consent to harvest to tissue was obtained.

No tissue was sold. PP sometimes recovers direct costs like transportation.

The video distorts the true facts of the case.

I'm personally very glad that we are using this tissue to advance medical science and benefit those who are sick.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The argument from the pro-choice side, says fetuses are nothing more than a clump of cells.

And here we have PP harvesting and selling, livers, hearts, lungs, lower extremities (for muscle apparently) of aborted fetuses.

So which is it? A clump of cells? Or organs from a baby?
Doesn't really matter to me what jargon you would like to corner me into using. Either way, I'd rather the "medical waste" be reused for something else. And i can't see why either side would be against that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
What for? Obama overturned Bush's limits on federal funding for Stem Cell research and scientist have discovered that they can stimulate a patients own cells to behave like embryonic cells.

There is no debate.
Great news about stem cell research. I'm sure you will understand that I will verify this myself. But stem cell research is not the only type of medical testing.

I'd like to see a mom reject a lifesaving treatment for her child because "embryo parts" were used in testing for the cure. I'd especially like to see a PRO-LIFE mom reject it on her "principles." I mean really, I would like to see it. I'd even bet 1 million dollars it would never happen (unless the mom was talked out of an abortion in the first place.)

I agree there should be no debate about this.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes, women can be fetus factories, what an excellent idea!

This is completely demented and further, it is murder!
Lol.

Women already are "fetus factories" by design. Most of those fetuses turn into babies.

I know it's difficult for most people to separate their emotions and ACCEPT the fact that some fetuses ARE aborted but it is the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
The Post article today say:

Informed consent to harvest to tissue was obtained.

No tissue was sold. PP sometimes recovers direct costs like transportation.

The video distorts the true facts of the case.

I'm personally very glad that we are using this tissue to advance medical science and benefit those who are sick.
Amen!

Old 07-15-2015, 09:16 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Doesn't really matter to me what jargon you would like to corner me into using. Either way, I'd rather the "medical waste" be reused for something else. And i can't see why either side would be against that.

Great news about stem cell research. I'm sure you will understand that I will verify this myself. But stem cell research is not the only type of medical testing.

I'd like to see a mom reject a lifesaving treatment for her child because "embryo parts" were used in testing for the cure. I'd especially like to see a PRO-LIFE mom reject it on her "principles." I mean really, I would like to see it. I'd even bet 1 million dollars it would never happen (unless the mom was talked out of an abortion in the first place.)

I agree there should be no debate about this.
Even the PP doc didn't call it "medical waste". She referred to it as heart, lungs, liver ... last I checked, those are the names of organs.

Let me ask you this - should the doctor who performs an abortion alter the procedure to ensure the medical waste that is being donated be usable? Or should their main concern be the mother?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:22 AM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Lol.

Women already are "fetus factories" by design. Most of those fetuses turn into babies.
When my wife was pregnant she didn't go running around saying how she had a fetus in her womb. She said she had a baby. When she was in the doctor's office looking at the ultrasound, the doctor said your baby looks very healthy. Not your fetus.

Quote:

I know it's difficult for most people to separate their emotions and ACCEPT the fact that some fetuses ARE aborted but it is the truth.
Yes, I know medically, if it's in the womb, then its technically a fetus, but in this abortion debate, it seems to me that it only becomes a "fetus" when the baby is no longer wanted.

Quote:
Amen!
Shouldn't that be up to the mother to decide whether or not she wants the baby's (or fetus if that makes you feel more comfortable) remains to be used for science?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Something I find very telling is spin being put on this story by left-wing sources to justify these actions or deny their validity.

Slate, Vox, Gawker and other heartless Liberal sites have been running articles in defense of this practice. I spent some time reading discussions about this on Facebook from these sources and I didn't find a single Liberal who wasn't lashing out at Conservatives for exposing this or defending this inhumane practice.

It was repeatedly posted to /r/politics at Reddit for discussion and was repeatedly taken down by the left-wing moderators in charge of that sub, which is supposed to be a neutral politics board (and not because it was off topic -- there's unrelated abortion news on their front page right now). Not that this is a new occurrence -- they're constantly found guilty of crafting the narrative by removing submissions that present a positive Conservative slant or are critical of Democrats or Liberal policies. They allow reasonable Conservative comments to be down voted until they disappear and/or the user is banned -- anything that threatens this echo chamber is a threat.

While most of Reddit outside of /r/politics knows how much of a joke it is, three million people (mostly impressionable young people) subscribe to /r/politics, which is more than the highest rated shows on Fox News, and they're getting a blatantly and carefully crafted left-wing view of politics, with far more vitriol than anything coming from Fox. This is the way people will be getting their news in the future as TV news continues to lose viewers -- and there's a small number of people controlling what news they want people to actually hear.
Do you know how reddit actually works? It's like this:

Comments are "voted down" yet still able to be seen with *one extra click* and then you can click it right back up again if you would like.

The users on reddit are typically younger than those watching Fox news. I would also guess more educated but don't have those stats right now. And like most media outlets, city-data included, people gather with like minded individuals.

But unlike Fox news, people VOTE on comments. You see it in real time.

Its anything BUT a "conspiracy."

-----
And it's not "inhumane." This human tissue is not alive.

I don't know why I'm shocked, but I really thought I'd hear at least ONE pro-lifer understand that THIS PRACTICE has nothing to do with 'life" except in the potential to give more of it. So why is that not a good thing?

Whether you agree with it or not, this tissue was going to be "not be alive." So why are you all opposed to doing something useful with it? Are you really all so obtuse that you cannot separate the pre/post status of the remains of an abortion?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:33 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Thx for bringing the r***** spin to our attention. Would love to see a separate topic on this. Might I suggest a topic name? Redditiculous Slanted Commentary. It might help with concerns here.😉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post

Old 07-15-2015, 09:35 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This is nasty stuff if it's true.

"An undercover video recorded by the non-profit organization, Center for Medical Progress, shows Planned Parenthood Federation Senior Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, discussing their fetal parts business."

BREAKING: Planned Parenthood director caught on tape selling aborted 'baby parts' | Live Action News
that is the thing, wonder if it's true, and who would be buying baby parts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies