Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 12:07 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So you are saying that our country is perfect just like it is? Doesn't need any change or "tranformation"? WOW! No matter which side of the Aisle you sit, you have to see that things are far from perfect. Glad YOU aren't one of our elected leaders.
There is change and then there is change. Society and government constantly evolve. Obama's version of change runs contrary to the change the country wants and needs.

To promise change with out details is the stuff of mal intent as it is misleading and allows a dishonest flourish and built in defense. Ah, you said you wanted change...you voted for change...... I gave you change.

Libs practice absolutism which does not permit them to tolerate or even see that a word like 'change' can mean many things to different people. So not liking what obama is doing does not mean mean one does not like change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 12:08 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
America forced Obama's hand. I'm sure he's bitter about it and will try to get even.
I shudder to think what he will do next to make America weaker and her enemies stronger.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
There is change and then there is change. Society and government constantly evolve. Obama's version of change runs contrary to the change the country wants and needs.

To promise change with out details is the stuff of mal intent as it is misleading and allows a dishonest flourish and built in defense. Ah, you said you wanted change...you voted for change...... I gave you change.

Libs practice absolutism which does not permit them to tolerate or even see that a word like 'change' can mean many things to different people. So not liking what obama is doing does not mean mean one does not like change.

Oh and believe me, I can go on and on from our tapes of him in 2008 when he promised the world. Jobs for most American's bringing people together, being the most understanding President we would see NOT, and that he would bring our troops home within the first 6 months NOT NOT NOT. I can go on and on.

That he would be fair and work with the other side, OH REALLY NOW. And that the Country would be Strong. Oh my gosh the lies and deceit. Cannot see them, your really a foolish sucker.

Yes he brought change, his warp sense of ideals, of what he feels this Country ought to be, which it is going downhill and flushing in the damn toilet.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:23 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
I migrated to US during the Bush Jr. years. I thought Bush was a reckless cowboy, and cheered Obama and was exhilarated when he won in 2008.

By the end of Obama's first term I had read him and could see that he didn't love America.

An idiot President is better than one that holds his country in contempt!

Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I migrated to US during the Bush Jr. years. I thought Bush was a reckless cowboy, and cheered Obama and was exhilarated when he won in 2008.

By the end of Obama's first term I had read him and could see that he didn't love America.

An idiot President is better than one that holds his country in contempt!
I think some people confuse finding ways to make a nation better with "holding his country in contempt".

Many people see patriotism as being how loudly one cheerleads how great it is. Others see patriotism in seeing how great the country could be.

You're in the former camp. Reagan and Obama are in the latter camps.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh and believe me, I can go on and on from our tapes of him in 2008 when he promised the world. Jobs for most American's bringing people together, being the most understanding President we would see NOT, and that he would bring our troops home within the first 6 months NOT NOT NOT. I can go on and on.

That he would be fair and work with the other side, OH REALLY NOW. And that the Country would be Strong. Oh my gosh the lies and deceit. Cannot see them, your really a foolish sucker.

Yes he brought change, his warp sense of ideals, of what he feels this Country ought to be, which it is going downhill and flushing in the damn toilet.
I'd agree that Obama was too optimistic at first. He didn't realize how stubborn the other side would be. Governance is about compromise and a radical sect took hold for a while on the right that didn't know how to govern.

However, it's hard to argue with his success. Private sector jobs growing at record rate, government jobs shrinking. Military strategic and effective. Diplomacy over war. Expanded freedoms for Americans.

It hasn't been perfect but hard to complain after the mess we were in just 6 years ago.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Yawn. except for the part where he did in fact order flags at half staff this 9 pages of nonsense might have a point.

Obama Honors Vets in Speech, Order Flags to Half-Staff - NBC News

Old 07-21-2015, 01:05 PM

50,846 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Those of you who have been screaming about lowering the flags didn't care one hoot about the soldiers who were killed. It was merely one of your tools to use in your culture wars and against the President. And this is proven by the many posts here who have not been about the flags flying at half mast or the soldiers killed, but have careened off in all directions instead of staying on point.

Several of you who calmly stated your belief that the flags should be lowered, actually understood the solemnity of the situation.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Obama is a POTUS of opportunity. This tragic incident doesnt fit his agenda, whatever you want to believe or not. He could have at least sent someone other than CACO officers to the homes of the loved ones. Lowering the flag to jonor men within the military killed on his watch in the USA would have been appropriate. It was not in comparisin to someone being killed overseas during battle. Then the flag would be raised and lowered more often. So comparing that to a terrosrist action within our borders is in poor taste. Regardless, people who voted amd support him are unpatriotic boobs.
I have a friend who served 2 tours in Afghanistan, and 2 in Iraq. He is a democrat and an Obama supporter. Is he not considered patriotic simply because he does not subscribe to your brand of politics?

Old 07-21-2015, 01:28 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I shudder to think what he will do next to make America weaker and her enemies stronger.
I myself have read on some respectable right wing lunatic blogs that he is going to declare martial law, force you to pray five times a day to Mecca, and turn your kids gay. You should definitely be worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies