Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 06:21 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Another true story I was profiled against. Left this restaurant on Saturday evening in CT, on my sport pants and shirt. Was wobbling. Cop is hidden in the parking lot. Pulls me over. I pull the NYPD card, cop doesn't take it. Ask me to take a breathelizer test. I blow clean. I gave him shtick for not believing that wobbling was because I had played basketball for 2 hours and I was sore.

Cop wasn't wrong to think "white male, sport pants, Sat night dinner, wobbler..."
You gave him back talk ? Might think a black guy in your same situation might have gotten charged for something for talking back. You talked back because you already showed him the NYPD id. If you were not a nypd officer and was black it might have gone diferently maybe ?

Old 03-06-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Bxlover: if a black teenager wearing a hoodie approaches your daughter, vs baldy 55 year old suit-and-tie lawyer-looking -- which one would scare you more? Whatcha gonna say to yourself "hoodie teen no more problen than the baldy. Don't be a racist"

So you're gonna stereotype and profile, aren't you?

Humans are hardwired to stereotype and profile. Those who didn't, didn't survive.
Humans are hard wired but we have evolved higher brain functions. We know what we are capable of good and bad. We need to be conscious of our biases in a multi ethnic society. You mentioned the hoodies, I grew up with hoodies, I have one on now. I dont profile black kids with hoodies. Nor inner city folks with pitbulls, anything else about clothing ? My daughter wears doc Martins and bomber jackets cause she like 70's punk, should people think she is a neo nazi ? Well Im off its Downtown Abbey time. GOD BLESS and thanks for talking respectfully with me. Stay safe.

Last edited by bxlover; 03-06-2016 at 06:51 PM..

Old 03-06-2016, 06:47 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Ok you got one. Do you have a pattern ?
You asked for a comparable story, I found one. There are plenty more. Like what just happened in Oregon, and a few cases in Albuquerque, NM recently also.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You asked for a comparable story, I found one. There are plenty more. Like what just happened in Oregon, and a few cases in Albuquerque, NM recently also.
Police mistreatment is widespread. But percentages dont lie. I am more likely then you my brother to be detained, hurt, and killed. So my heart goes out to all victims. But if it happens to whites, and it does, how much more then to darker people. Still respect cops. Did you see the movie Spotlight ? Abuse of children by Priests went for and no one believed them. The good Priests, the majority, often didnt break ranks this level of secrecy led to continued abuse. Same with the police and violence against all kinds of people. And peaple who loved the Church refused to believe. Until one day it all came out. Sterotypes can be so bad. Henry earlier shared an a question about who would I fear more complete to my daughter a black teenager in a hoodie or a middle well dresse d white man. See stereotypes can be turned on their ear. Downtown Abbey is starting, good night, take care, be good.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:37 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
See and I am black lives matters, Christian liberal. See how peace is made in a big City. Cant do that in the country that easily, thats what City living offers. Contact with others with diferent views.
Black lives matter campaign is backed by no good billionaires such as George Soros, who is a good friend of Billionaire Mike Bloomberg, the former mayor of NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I am an "all lives matter" guy, personally!!
Same here. I'm for all lives matter. Black lives matter campaign is designed to divide and conquer. Human lives matter. Blame the establishment for creating race problems along the lives of divide and conquer, but also blame the Department of Justice for militarization of the police departments during the 1960s.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:06 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Bxlover: if a black teenager wearing a hoodie approaches your daughter, vs baldy 55 year old suit-and-tie lawyer-looking -- which one would scare you more? Whatcha gonna say to yourself "hoodie teen no more problen than the baldy. Don't be a racist"

So you're gonna stereotype and profile, aren't you?

Humans are hardwired to stereotype and profile. Those who didn't, didn't survive.
I'm Black and I wear hoodies. So if I ever had children and a Black teenager with a hoodie approached them, I obviously would have no problem. Particularly if they were the same age. If a 55 year old bald man approached my daughter I'd wonder what is this old man trying to do to talk to my daughter. I'd hope he wasn't after underage sex/statutory rape.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:12 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
You seem to be over sympathizing with your color of choice and are losing some balance here.
Do you care about those (non-black) NYPD cops who were shot by (black) perps in this past year? If you were a cop, will you not pick up a pattern of violent criminal features from your every day work and prioritize your caution against certain groups? It is much easier to demand social justice behind the monitor than understand the cause of unjustice in certain situations.
Police work is dangerous work and an on duty officer should never underestimate ANY member of the public . An old lady could have a GUN in her purse.

Prioritizing caution against certain groups is just lazy, plain and simple.

And whenever the NYPD really wants to take action, they know exactly where to find the real hard core criminals. Hint, they are disproportionately in the housing projects. Yet how is it the NYPD can't seem to strike the gangsters in these projects at the core of their operations.

For that matter the INEPT NYPD seems powerless to stop these psychos or whoever from randomly slashing people. Clearly their prioritizing "caution" isn't making the public any safer.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:22 AM

Well anyway I spoke my share on the impetus behind BLM. Hope it atleast humanized those who support it. Their message is real and has lots of other manifestations not only aimed at police or law enorcement or whwhites. You know blacks harm each other more then we harm anyone else. Blacks victimize each other withe violence, drugs, and other self destructive behaviors. The ultimate struggle and aim of the BLM spirit is to convince others and ourselves we matter as much as other groups too. Its a very sad reality often in black communities concerning self esteem and self worth. If BLM succedes it will be great for every American. Peace to all those who agree or disagree. But one can disagree with decorum and respect. But that leads me back to Trump. Trump is a bully and cant talk civilly with those who disagree with him like I can. Trump is a bully and bullies are bad. Everone peace.https://www.google.com/search?client...TWhaS8iM3CM%3A

Last edited by bxlover; 03-07-2016 at 05:32 AM..

Old 03-07-2016, 05:50 AM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
You gave him back talk ? Might think a black guy in your same situation might have gotten charged for something for talking back. You talked back because you already showed him the NYPD id. If you were not a nypd officer and was black it might have gone diferently maybe ?
I have seen my Hispanic buddy, former-NYPD detective threaten a white rookie with foot patrol on Coney Island in winter-time, for being pulled over. So, it really has nothing to do with race.

Some blacks are some of the worst racists, so Racism has very little to do with race, but it has to do with politicizing the matter, and trying to incinerate the society.

So stop feeding fuel to the fire. We are the most tolerant society in the world. You want to see discrimination? Go to Europe.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:56 AM

[quote=Henry10;43268225]I have seen my Hispanic buddy, former-NYPD detective threaten a white rookie with foot patrol on Coney Island in winter-time, for being pulled over. So, it really has nothing to do with race.

Some blacks are some of the worst racists, so Racism has very little to do with race, but it has to do with politicizing the matter, and trying to incinerate the society.

So stop feeding fuel to the fire. We are the most tolerant society in the world. You want to see discrimination? Go to Europe.[/Q
I am no longer talking about it. Peace to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies