Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 10:16 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,054,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
When they go to prison for violating the law, they deserve it.
If they did violate the law, I agree with you. I like bad people going to prison, and staying in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 11:45 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,150,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
If they did violate the law, I agree with you. I like bad people going to prison, and staying in prison.
But you no problem with bowing down to them.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:25 PM

2,264 posts, read 974,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
We keep very little cash with us or in our home. We totally cooperate.
Total cooperation is the key to survival in a totalitarian country like the USSA.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
No power trip if you shut up and do as you are told. Which is produce your documents, sit quietly, and let the process take place safely and WITHOUT protest, smartassery, or attitude. I’ve been stopped countless times, driving and walking, often for no reason. It was always cordial, quiet, and most of the time with speeding violations, I got off with a warning because I was nice, respectful, and compliant. It usually ended up being decidedly friendly. Because I recognize there is a time and place to exercise rights, and the time and place is not during any time where you are being detained. If the officer acts improperly, which he almost always WON’T if you are not a turd, then it can be addressed later. People who get shot or beaten usually ASK FOR IT with attitude and protest. Don’t do that. Not until the time and place are correct.

even in stop and ID states, the officer MUST provide to you when asked, what reasonable articulable suspcion that you have or are committing a crime before you have to give up your ID to the officer. they CANNOT just come up to you and demand it.

every time we bend over backwards to a LEO and give them what they want on demand, even though their demand is in violation of the laws of the land, we give them more and more power over us, and it makes it that much harder to hold the accountable for their actions.

if you were stopped for say speeding, and the officer asked to search your vehicle,, would you let them? i wouldnt. if an officer stops you and just walks up and asks for your license registration and insurance papers, would you just give them over not knowing why they stopped you? i wouldnt. they have to give you a reason for stopping you BEFORE they can ask for your information.

you dont have to be a jackass telling them no, but you should tell them no upfront, and make them tell you WHY they are asking fro your information. and suspicious activity and an investigation are NOT reasons to just hand over your information.

the fourth amendment says we can be secure in our persons, property and papers

the fifth amendment gives us the right to remain silent and not and not answer ANY questions posed to us by ANY government official.

now if you want to have a supple spine, and bed over every time a LEO tells you to be a god little slave and turn over your documents when they say papers please, then go ahead and do that. just remember every time you do that we are just one more step closer to a police state where the constitution has no meaning.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:23 PM

2,264 posts, read 974,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
. . . the fourth amendment says we can be secure in our persons, property and papers.
DEA Seized Her Father's Life Savings at an Airport Without Alleging Any Crime Occurred

The 4th Amendment isn't worth the parchment it's printed on.

Old 01-15-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
even in stop and ID states, the officer MUST provide to you when asked, what reasonable articulable suspcion that you have or are committing a crime before you have to give up your ID to the officer. they CANNOT just come up to you and demand it.

every time we bend over backwards to a LEO and give them what they want on demand, even though their demand is in violation of the laws of the land, we give them more and more power over us, and it makes it that much harder to hold the accountable for their actions.

if you were stopped for say speeding, and the officer asked to search your vehicle,, would you let them? i wouldnt. if an officer stops you and just walks up and asks for your license registration and insurance papers, would you just give them over not knowing why they stopped you? i wouldnt. they have to give you a reason for stopping you BEFORE they can ask for your information.

you dont have to be a jackass telling them no, but you should tell them no upfront, and make them tell you WHY they are asking fro your information. and suspicious activity and an investigation are NOT reasons to just hand over your information.

the fourth amendment says we can be secure in our persons, property and papers

the fifth amendment gives us the right to remain silent and not and not answer ANY questions posed to us by ANY government official.

now if you want to have a supple spine, and bed over every time a LEO tells you to be a god little slave and turn over your documents when they say papers please, then go ahead and do that. just remember every time you do that we are just one more step closer to a police state where the constitution has no meaning.
You handle police stops your way, I’ll handle them my way. You clearly do not understand the Constitution, or even governance. My way works well, and I am still a free citizen last time I looked. If you get shot being belligerent and mouthing off to a cop at 3AM on some dark road after you attracted his attention with something that indicates to him that you might be committing a crime, then you deserve it, and I will support the cop, not you. It is my right to support the police, who I view as good, and who save people’s lives every day at their own risk. If I am stopped and they ask me who I am and what I’m doing, I will put them at ease by telling them the truth and supplying my stupid license and registration. We will then wish each other safety and wellness, and carry on with our lives. That’s the way it works for rational good people who understand the nuance of different situations.

Old 01-15-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
But you no problem with bowing down to them.
True, because I am not a stupid thug. I understand how a situation can get out of control by acting like a spoiled, entitled little savage to someone who regularly deals with the scum of the earth. I don’t bow down, I cooperate because I understand and appreciate the big picture. If you want to choose an unintelligent confrontational approach, then get shot and die. If that’s all you think of your own life, be my guest. I’ll back the cop. He’s the one who might pull me out of my burning car next week, not you.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:43 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
You handle police stops your way, I’ll handle them my way. You clearly do not understand the Constitution, or even governance. My way works well, and I am still a free citizen last time I looked. If you get shot being belligerent and mouthing off to a cop at 3AM on some dark road after you attracted his attention with something that indicates to him that you might be committing a crime, then you deserve it, and I will support the cop, not you. It is my right to support the police, who I view as good, and who save people’s lives every day at their own risk. If I am stopped and they ask me who I am and what I’m doing, I will put them at ease by telling them the truth and supplying my stupid license and registration. We will then wish each other safety and wellness, and carry on with our lives. That’s the way it works for rational good people who understand the nuance of different situations.
A lot of posters on here don't know what the hell they are talking about, like the 1 you responded to.

I watch a LOT of Live PD shows. I suggest those who THINK they know the laws should watch some and get educated.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:47 AM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Quote:
True, because I am not a stupid thug. I understand how a situation can get out of control by acting like a spoiled, entitled little savage to someone who regularly deals with the scum of the earth. I don’t bow down, I cooperate because I understand and appreciate the big picture. If you want to choose an unintelligent confrontational approach, then get shot and die. If that’s all you think of your own life, be my guest. I’ll back the cop. He’s the one who might pull me out of my burning car next week, not you.
Well since you violate numerous daily, I find it interesting you'd refer to yourself as "scum of the earth"

Old 01-16-2020, 04:48 AM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
A lot of posters on here don't know what the hell they are talking about, like the 1 you responded to.

I watch a LOT of Live PD shows. I suggest those who THINK they know the laws should watch some and get educated.
All the thousands upon thousands of illegitimate laws, who can keep up with all of them?

You must have magical powers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies