Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 10:10 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I'd say it's a high price to pay for being immoral.

By the way, you all are carrying on an argument where there is none. This is about PP and our money being used to fund it. It's not about making abortion illegal, since the law governs that.
Cancer screening and contraceptions are immoral? That has to be the weirdest set of morals I have heard anyone having.

Your tax dollars aren't funding abortions.....not sure why this is so hard for some right wingers go grasp.....

Old 09-28-2015, 10:20 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Immoral? Sex without being married is immoral? Who the heck appointed you moral arbiter of the world?
\

You must have a limited reading list. I wasn't quoting myself. I was quoting from a higher authority. Lift your sights a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Getting pregnant has nothing to do with having sex with the 'wrong' person. You can get pregnant having sex with pretty much any man who has sperm. geezus
You misread or assumed something that isn't there. Or maybe it just went over your head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Cancer screening and contraceptions are immoral? That has to be the weirdest set of morals I have heard anyone having.

Your tax dollars aren't funding abortions.....not sure why this is so hard for some right wingers go grasp.....
A misreading or assumption again? Do read it again and tell me where I said anything about cancer screenings or contraception.

Some people seem to have difficulty understanding what they are reading.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
\

A misreading or assumption again? Do read it again and tell me where I said anything about cancer screenings or contraception.

You said you wanted to defund Planned Parenthood, and that is where federal funding goes to, cancer screenings and contraceptions. So why are you against that or are you unaware that is what federal funding goes to?

Old 09-28-2015, 10:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Cool You upset, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
.....you more than likely would have supported slavery.

You look at both as "sub-human".
Please expand on this link you claim exists between slavery and women's health.

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that you're a disgusting human being.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You said you wanted to defend Planned Parenthood, and that is where federal funding goes to, cancer screenings and contraceptions. So why are you against that or are you unaware that is what federal funding goes to?
You are confused. I would never defend PP. You're thinking of some other poster.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
You are confused. I would never defend PP. You're thinking of some other poster.
Sorry, my phone changed the word, it should have said defund.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:31 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
The majority of what PP does is education and contraceptives.

We have enough unwanted babies in the world, eliminating PP would only add to the problem.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:35 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
By the way, you all are carrying on an argument where there is none. This is about PP and our money being used to fund it. It's not about making abortion illegal, since the law governs that.
No, it's not about PP, the ultimate goal is to criminalize abortion. As far as funding planned parenthood- no government money is used to pay for abortions - that's a fact look it up yourself if you didn't know that.
Quote:
You must have a limited reading list. I wasn't quoting myself. I was quoting from a higher authority. Lift your sights a bit.
Let me guess..God personally landed in your living room and told you that having sex if you aren't married is immoral
Quote:
You misread or assumed something that isn't there. Or maybe it just went over your head?
You are referring to this remark?No nothing went over my head I think I responded appropriately to a very 'odd' statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
High price to pay for not being careful about who you have sex with.
Quote:
Direct attacks come in lots of different forms, but they are what they are, and I would prefer if you stuck to arguing issues.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is no taxpayer money being used to fund abortions, there is no profit made on dead fetuses, so what is the reason for removing the remaining funding for PP's contraception and other services, what exactly does that accomplish.

By the way although PP performs the highest number of abortions they only account for half, where is this outrage for the others that provide that service.
I find it naive to believe that taxpayer money isn't paying for abortion. When they receive taxpayer money, it all adds to their total revenue. This allows them much more flexibility in how they spend their money. They can devote more resources to abortion services when they can depend on taxpayer dollars coming in. What is so difficult to understand about this? They can say they don't spend taxpayer money for abortion. But that money still helps in that area. In other words, they can shift money from other activities if they are making it up from federal funds.

I see no reason why we have to support PP with tax dollars. They don't need it.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:57 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I find it naive to believe that taxpayer money isn't paying for abortion. When they receive taxpayer money, it all adds to their total revenue. This allows them much more flexibility in how they spend their money. They can devote more resources to abortion services when they can depend on taxpayer dollars coming in. What is so difficult to understand about this? They can say they don't spend taxpayer money for abortion. But that money still helps in that area. In other words, they can shift money from other activities if they are making it up from federal funds. I see no reason why we have to support PP with tax dollars. They don't need it.
Here, maybe this explains it: Fact Check: How Does Planned Parenthood Spend That Government Money? : It's All Politics : NPR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies