Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 01:49 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
It's likely not because of someone chewing tobacco at a baseball game.

It's likely because of the few idiots out there that are spitting in the stadium, not a container.

Remember folks... Things like this are often the result of a few morons ruining it for everyone.
Give me one instance where that was sighted as the reason?

No, in every case, they talk about the impressionable youth and how we need to be providing a responsible example, etc. etc.

In other words, it's brainwashing, pure and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 05:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Chewing tobacco and spitting in a cup and leaving that behind is just gross. Clogging up urinals and drinking fountains when some loser unloads his mouth into is just nasty. Like to chew? Swallow it when done.
Otherwise, keep that nastiness and grossness at home.

A few times when I have relieved the off going crew and I take over the train, a spit cup is sitting on the engineers console reeking of grossness. I open the window, yell at the off going crew and throw their spit at them. A few times of that cures that problem.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Chewing tobacco and spitting in a cup and leaving that behind is just gross. Clogging up urinals and drinking fountains when some loser unloads his mouth into is just nasty. Like to chew? Swallow it when done.
Otherwise, keep that nastiness and grossness at home.
That's a problem for the stadium, not the government.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's a problem for the stadium, not the government.
Regardless, it's crude and nasty.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Something about winning office goes to a lot of politicians' heads.

They become little dictators who think they are qualified to run everyone else's lives right down to the smallest details.

Combine this with apathetic and inattentive voters, and you get the Nanny State.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:16 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Stadiums are tax payer funded, for some reason, so that's fine with me. Build their own stadium and make their own rules. Would I ban chewing tobacco? Probably not, but if people started spitting it wherever or in toilets or whatever (or in a bottle and leaving the bottle for someone else to dispose of), I'd be open to it.

Also, that's not communism. Only someone with minimal knowledge of communism would think it is. In fact, the existence of these tax payer funded stadiums is more communist that this, but we aren't talking about that for some reason.
"Stadiums are tax payer funded" please quit with the over generalization. NOT ALL stadiums are tax funded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies