Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2015, 06:14 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
Based on his article, I assumed that he is only interested in dating white women. After all, If he dated black women, would this really be an issue for him?

I have known a few black men who will only date white women. Many of them have told my friends and I that they are simply not attracted to black women, at all. This is perplexing to me, because the majority of black American men have the same features as black American women.

For this reason, I would classify these men as racist.
I was talking about the post that you responded to. Where in there did he say that he only dates White women? Where in the poetry slam did that guy say he only dates White women? You have not proven anything. You ASSUME he only dates White women. You have not provided solid, unrefutable proof. I asked you for that, and so far, you haven't provided it.

Not being attracted to someone of a certain race, and flat out saying "I don't like a certain race of people" are two different things. Everyone goes for who they are attracted to, so by that definition, you would have to say everyone is race, by that definition.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:19 AM

69 posts, read 60,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was talking about the post that you responded to. Where in there did he say that he only dates White women? Where in the poetry slam did that guy say he only dates White women? You have not proven anything. You ASSUME he only dates White women. You have not provided solid, unrefutable proof. I asked you for that, and so far, you haven't provided it.

Not being attracted to someone of a certain race, and flat out saying "I don't like a certain race of people" are two different things. Everyone goes for who they are attracted to, so by that definition, you would have to say everyone is race, by that definition.
But why do black men become angry when non black women reject them? Why don't they understand that a lot of White and Asian women are simply not interested in black men.

Also, are you denying that on average, if given the opportunity, a black man would prefer a non black woman to marry over a black woman?

Old 08-09-2015, 07:11 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
But why do black men become angry when non black women reject them? Why don't they understand that a lot of White and Asian women are simply not interested in black men.

Also, are you denying that on average, if given the opportunity, a black man would prefer a non black woman to marry over a black woman?
Many Black men get mad when Black women reject them.

And I have not denied or admitted anything. I was simply telling it like it is. I was not talking about all Black men. I was talking about the Black man in that poetry slam. I asked you to prove that he only wants White women. He did not say that he only dates White women. And you have not proven what you have said about that man. I have asked you for proof, and so far, you have dodged my questions.

And as for being racist, here is something to think about. The person you responded to was speaking of wanting to just be an individual. Someone else spoke of being judged by the worst of one's ethnicity. Judging someone by the worst of one's ethnicity is being a racist. Judging all persons of one race as the same is being racist. Being attracted to someone romantically of a certain ethnicity is a different matter. One can be attracted to someone of a certain race and still judge people individually. Saying "All people of this ethnicity are the same" is being a racist.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

And as for being racist, here is something to think about. The person you responded to was speaking of wanting to just be an individual. Someone else spoke of being judged by the worst of one's ethnicity. Judging someone by the worst of one's ethnicity is being a racist. Judging all persons of one race as the same is being racist. Being attracted to someone romantically of a certain ethnicity is a different matter. One can be attracted to someone of a certain race and still judge people individually. Saying "All people of this ethnicity are the same" is being a racist.
I agree with the bolded statements. This is why I mentioned that many black men are indeed racist.

It seems as though black men want to be treated as individuals, while categorizing the women in their race with one broad very negative brush. Pot meet kettle.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:40 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
I agree with the bolded statements. This is why I mentioned that many black men are indeed racist.

It seems as though black men want to be treated as individuals, while categorizing the women in their race with one broad very negative brush. Pot meet kettle.
You're literally not making any sense. Green_Mariner already told it like it is, your statement is a strawman argument. The original post that incited this mini discussion (post #254) didn't even slightly bash Black women, or any woman of any race.

What "seems" and what's reality are two completely different things, and it's been explained many times that the majority of BM date/marry BW.

"Black guys have to understand that you are judged based on the overall standing of your community".

How can you make statements like those, and accuse others of being racist?

Old 08-09-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You're literally not making any sense. Green_Mariner already told it like it is, your statement is a strawman argument. The original post that incited this mini discussion (post #254) didn't even slightly bash Black women, or any woman of any race.

What "seems" and what's reality are two completely different things, and it's been explained many times that the majority of BM date/marry BW.

"Black guys have to understand that you are judged based on the overall standing of your community".

How can you make statements like those, and accuse others of being racist?
Perhaps you do not want to address my questions. It is very common for black men to make negative statements about the women in their race. It appears they do not view black women as individuals, yet black men want everyone to see them as individuals.

I did state: Black guys have to understand that you are judged based on the overall standing of your community, because this is true. Black American guys want to believe that it is only because of their skin color, when it's really because most view black men as irresponsible, due to the general state of the black communities in the U.S. Are these neighborhoods safe for women and children to reside in? Are the school districts in these communities high performing?

I do not think it is right to judge people collectively, but many people make broad statements about various groups, including black men.

Last edited by NorthernLass; 08-09-2015 at 09:06 AM..

Old 08-09-2015, 09:31 AM

404 posts, read 385,814 times
Quote:
Based on his article, I assumed that he is only interested in dating white women. After all, If he dated black women, would this really be an issue for him?

I have known a few black men who will only date white women. Many of them have told my friends and I that they are simply not attracted to black women, at all. This is perplexing to me, because the majority of black American men have the same features as black American women.

For example, I have never known white men in mass to dislike white women for having white skin, or Asian men to dislike Asian women for having small slanted eyes. I do know that it is quite common for black men to dislike African American women with dark skin, as there is quite a lot of information online about these women feeling depressed and unwanted, because black men apparently prefer women with light skin, straight hair and European facial features.
I grew up with a guy who was dark skinned. I remember he was teased a lot because his skin was very dark. The comments were brutal. He married a white woman and had kids. Not surprising at all.

It's 2015 and i still hear people being teased for being dark skinned. It's worse if the dark skinned person is female.

However, i've also heard white females tease other white females for being too pale.

If most of the men are attracted to what's "in the middle" I think all of this craziness leads to people bleaching and tanning themselves to death to feel attractive.

Solution: Media should feature variety at all levels. From darkest to the lightest. See the beauty in it all. Eliminate the brainwashing of one being better or prettier than the other.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:36 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
I grew up with a guy who was dark skinned. I remember he was teased a lot because his skin was very dark. The comments were brutal. He married a white woman and had kids. Not surprising at all.

It's 2015 and i still hear people being teased for being dark skinned. It's worse if the dark skinned person is female.

However, i've also heard white females tease other white females for being too pale.

If most of the men are attracted to what's "in the middle" I think all of this craziness leads to people bleaching and tanning themselves to death to feel attractive.

Solution: Media should feature variety at all levels. From darkest to the lightest. See the beauty in it all. Eliminate the brainwashing of one being better or prettier than the other.
This issue of light vs dark was touched upon I believe in one of Spike Lee's movie a while back.

Anyways it is almost a universal cultural preference across many countries to prefer lighter or white skin over dark/black skin.

Sad but true.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:36 AM

482 posts, read 945,308 times
So he wants sympathy because the white fathers don't like him? LOLOL. Nope. He sounds a fool. He needs to ask himself why he puts so much effort into dating others outside of his race. That's his REAL issue IMO. LOL. Big dummy.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:03 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Perhaps you do not want to address my questions. It is very common for black men to make negative statements about the women in their race. It appears they do not view black women as individuals, yet black men want everyone to see them as individuals.

I did state: Black guys have to understand that you are judged based on the overall standing of your community, because this is true. Black American guys want to believe that it is only because of their skin color, when it's really because most view black men as irresponsible, due to the general state of the black communities in the U.S. Are these neighborhoods safe for women and children to reside in? Are the school districts in these communities high performing?

I do not think it is right to judge people collectively, but many people make broad statements about various groups, including black men.

You are all over the board accusing black men of this, that and the other thing. Stop. You have formed judgements about a group of men based on what you heard and you're making statements that are false.

You sound very prejudiced, and the more you post, the worse you sound. Quit while you're behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies