Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 08:02 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,688,988 times

Advertisements

Well well, looks like our formerly banned member from earlier in this thread is back yet again.

No worries, will be gone again!

Old 08-11-2015, 08:02 PM

50,881 posts, read 24,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingAtU2 View Post
Whites are the most beautiful humans God created. That is why so many black men thirst for their attention.
Sometimes here on C-D I just sit here stunned by things people write.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You and me both.

It's entertaining, that's for sure.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:04 PM

47 posts, read 34,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
A white woman can't have "black" kids biologically. Her children will be biracial or multiracial, depending on her own genetic mix and that of the father.

As a white woman with biracial kids, what I find offensive is the "one drop rule." Yes, I have always encouraged my biracial and multiracial kids to embrace ALL of their heritage and not to reject any of it. It honestly has never occurred to me though to be worried about whether they date or marry someone who is African American. I don't worry about what my grandkids will look like. They will still get a hefty dose of "white American culture" (specifically, southern white American culture stemming from a long line of English, Scottish and German heritage) as long as we are a part of their lives (my parents are still alive and are very active in their great grandkids' lives).

I do think I would be offended though if any of my kids or grandkids "rejected" the part of their heritage that is of European ancestry. I mean, what would be the point? We are what we are. I don't take any credit for, nor am I ashamed of, any ancestry - it's not like we earned it, or were punished by it. We just ARE what we are genetically.

That being said, just for the record, I have always been very "into" the English part of my ancestry. I really relate to it - don't know why. My brother is really into the German side - and oddly enough, he looks stereotypically German and I look much more stereotypically English than he does. That doesn't mean that I reject my German ancestry or that he rejects his English ancestry.

I have a daughter whose skin tone is darker than my other kids'. She relates more to the African American side of things than my other kids, though she fully embraces being biracial and feels positive about it. One reason she relates more to it than the others is because people more often assume she's just straight up AA more often than they do with the other kids. Also, she served in the military for eleven years and was basically considered an AA female by most of her coworkers. So her perspective is slightly different - and I respect that and love hearing things from her perspective.

She would never in a million years though, deny that she was half white. Her perspective comes from living through experiences in which OTHERS automatically consider her to be simply African American (till they get to know her) - and that includes AA people assuming she's AA and not biracial. She has some interesting stories to tell - mostly positive ones but believe me, they're interesting.
I agree with you but I also wanted to add that your kids and their father and you are actually all the same race. Your kids are children of 2 people of the same race. Different skin shades =/= different races

What Americans have been socially taught of as race is simply people of different shades having kids together who have shades all across the color spectrum.

One drop rule is garbage manufactured out of thin air less than 150 yrs ago that should be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Nobody should ever accept that way of classifying people

Old 08-11-2015, 08:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,632,362 times
Quote:
So do I! I've been wondering how I could be so naive when I'm older than dirt!

I think Suburban Guy is onto something though. Busted!

Old 08-11-2015, 08:05 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,688,988 times
Quote:
Some of these posters are most likely long time members who are creating multiple identities just so they can vent their racism, hatred, and ignorance 'safely' and keep their original identities intact.

You have to realize this forum attracts people from all over the U.S. and all over the world. You can't expect everyone to be tolerant. There's always gonna be that stormfront element, just the way the world goes unfortunately.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:08 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedinho View Post
I agree with you but I also wanted to add that your kids and their father and you are actually all the same race. Your kids are children of 2 people of the same race. Different skin shades =/= different races

What Americans have been socially taught of as race is simply people of different shades having kids together who have shades all across the color spectrum.

One drop rule is garbage manufactured out of thin air less than 150 yrs ago that should be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Nobody should ever accept that way of classifying people
Well, my exhusband is pretty dark complected and as far as we know, he only has African American and Native American in his geneological background.

But I agree that the "one drop rule" is ridiculous and antiquated.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:09 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,351,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well well, looks like our formerly banned member from earlier in this thread is back yet again.

No worries, will be gone again!
Mhhm definitely, the report button works wonders. I wish the mods would give out IP bans for those types of people though, sure we can ignore them, but it's annoying reading these offensive posts daily.

Frankly, it's quite sad that some people have nothing better to do than post hate and offend others. You have to seriously think what type of person would create account after account to do such a thing.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:12 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,293,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Mhhm definitely, the report button works wonders. I wish the mods would give out IP bans for those types of people though, sure we can ignore them, but it's annoying reading these offensive posts daily.

Frankly, it's quite sad that some people have nothing better to do than post hate and offend others. You have to seriously think what type of person would create account after account to do such a thing.
Stupid kids and old geezers, I'd guess.

Sane, able-minded adults usually don't feel the need to troll C-D as Stormfront cast-offs.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:16 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,497,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingAtU2 View Post
LOL yeah kinda like those fools who claim their 1/6th apache. Once your blood is diluted towards one group just stop saying your multi racial.
LOL, let's see. brand new account, created for the sole purpose of trolling a racial thread. Check. Spewing the same muck their former (probably banned) account spewed. Check. What adult loser does stuff like that?

By the way, the word is "you're" and multiracial (adjective) is one word.

In addition, who are you to tell people what they should call themselves? What do you think multiracial means? For your information, I am multiracial. My grandmother is half Native American, with ancestry from the St. Regis tribe of Mohawk Indians and I'm not talking about an 18th century descendent. I'm talking about my great grandmother. My father is Brasilian, and my mother's father is half Jamaican and half Scottish.

As for the beauty comments, you're full of garbage. Just do us all a favor and sit down and shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies