Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 05:10 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,457,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Huh seems all of Fox News and Roger Ailes enemies disagree with you. Your the only one coming across as petty.

Fox moderators get applause for tough debate questions - Aug. 6, 2015
If Fox had been tough with all the candidates, I wouldn't say what I said.

Take Rubio. His "gang of eight" immigration plan was so full of loopholes it was like swiss cheese. No one called him on that.

Cruz should also have been asked some pointed immigration questions.

Same with Bush. Instead, his "tough" questions were basically, "You're not your brother, are you?"

It was clear that Fox was out to take Trump down.

No wonder CNN, MSNBC and other liberal-left networks are praising Fox's moderators.

It's great to have the opposition do your dirty work for you and sideline the one candidate -- Trump -- who is truly independent, electable, and not an establishment do-nothing Republican-in-Name-Only or a religious-right candidate (Huckabee, Cruz) who would never get elected anyway.

They could have simply asked Trump for specifics, which he might not have been able to provide, and taken him down that way. Instead, they took cheap shots and tried to provoke him. Well, it didn't work.

But keep doing that, Fox. Keep doing it, RNC. And you'll lose another election because your base voters will simply stay home.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-07-2015 at 05:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,064,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I checked it out on Youtube and i can totally say there is no winner.

It was very dull.

Moderators were horrible.

Discussions were also useless.

It didn't give me a good taste.

Sorry folks.
maybe watching on the larger screen made a difference. I didn't find it dull at all: I agree, there was no cut and dry winner but a couple of candidates stood out. With that many candidates it isn't going to be a cut and dry anything. What were you expecting?

As for the dicussions and moderators, neither were bad, what was in poor taste, as you put it?

Dechatelet: I agree with you about the question relating to God. I am a Christian, but I am not influenced in anyway, as to who I would or would not support based on a question like that, or how the individual responded.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
BTW - on the pledge to not run 3rd party, Trump should've responded with something like: "I will happily pledge to not run 3rd party if my fellow candidates will pledge to not accept funding from donors and special interest groups".
that would be totally stupid. Do you have any idea what type of candidates would be able to run without donors? Of course they have to accept donations. Not every candidate is Trump...Maybe you don't have any clue how much it takes to run for office, even a small local office. I do.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,793,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I checked it out on Youtube and i can totally say there is no winner.

It was very dull.

Moderators were horrible.

Discussions were also useless.

It didn't give me a good taste.

Sorry folks.
I thought it was a good debate, and the candidates gave some very good answers. Far from dull. As for moderation, I have never seen moderators single out and attack a candidate the way they went after Trump. Also, after the debate they had staged an anti-Trump session to tear him down more. I have never seen such bias before, and those three mods should not be allowed to moderate again. Presidential elections are too important to allow a news station influence it like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Kelly being blasted by thousands tonight on social media, for attacking Trump and indignant and unbecoming behavior as Mod on Debate.

Kelly truly made Candy Crowley look human.
and this is just exactly what is so wrong about social media.

33,599 posts, read 18,245,269 times
I didn't thrill when Kasich 's answer about gay marriage... he is just like Obama on the issue..

I believe we can love the homosexual but we are not to support the homosexual lifestyle.If one is a true Christian and loves God with all their heart , soul , mind and strength they would NOT attend a gay wedding..this is supporting the act of homosexuality which in the purist form of Godliness is not love. It is supporting gay marriage. The purist form of love is recognizing that this union is wrong in the eyes of God , actually an abomination.. It is like supporting adultery, fornication , sexual sin.

We love the homosexual but we do NOT support the union of gay marriage. It is wrong. Even if it is a law, God's law is higher than man's law. One man changed the meaning of marriage between one man and one woman . He was wrong about the definition of love also.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,898,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Kelly being blasted by thousands tonight on social media, for attacking Trump and indignant and unbecoming behavior as Mod on Debate.

Kelly truly made Candy Crowley look human.
I'm not a big fan of Megyn, but frankly, there is absolutely nothing "moderate" about anything at FOX.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You expect a Fox News person to be unbiased?????

and do you expect any newsperson to be totally unbiased? Shall we discuss contributors on MSNBC or even CNN?

Old 08-07-2015, 05:33 AM

20,308 posts, read 21,058,581 times
Unbelievable. Seems Fox and Kelly's attorney to take out Trump back fired.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:36 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,947,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You'll rarely see the moderators take sides and attack a single candidate the way they did with Trump. Also, after the debate FOX had staged an anti-Trump session with a handful of anti-Trumpers saying how he sucked. Clearly FOX has tasked themselves with influencing the public opinion.

Other than that it was a good debate and many candidates gave some good answers. Huckabee had a good day, as did Christie and Bush (although Bush lacked confidence).

Paul had a bad day due to the poor comment he made about wiretapping, which Christie threw back on his face and made Paul look like a fool.

Rubio didn't hurt himself, nor make things better.

Carson is too soft and speaks too slowly.

Ted Cruz showed he banks on attacking Obama as is he was in the race and that's a losing angle.

Kachish seems well spoken, but as a non-Christian his chances are slim.

Trump was the funniest.

Of all the candidates I think Huckabee gained the most yesterday.
I agree with some of your post, especially about trump, but disagree about Rand and wiretapping. Christie was very disingenuous when he pretended you have to target everybody to find the terrorists. The Israelis protect their airport by profiling and it works for them. I will never be a terrorist but if Christie was president I would be targeted.

Carson was thoughtful and excellent for his first debate.

Trump really did well for being attracked by all sides, although that might backfire. Megan was a jackass and actually said that she had a plan for dealing with trump. WTF? Her questions were stupid and self serving, when we have huge issues facing America . She asked basically why did he call some girls names .really? That's the best question in a national debate when our country is struggling?WTF again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies