Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 09:59 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You understand.
If I understood, I wouldn't waste typing a post asking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 10:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If I understood, I wouldn't waste typing a post asking
And yet it seems you would.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:12 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
tap, tap, tap dance

Old 08-07-2015, 10:16 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
And yet it seems you would.
I honestly didn't understand but whatever.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:25 PM

148 posts, read 132,174 times
Quote:
Life. Worked for you? No?
Me, yes. For others? You're deliberately taking a gamble with a person life every time one is born. Will it turn out good, or will it turn out horrible? Look at California foster care system

Foster Care Facts | Children's Law Center of California

The facts doesn't lie. These kids end up damaged, and this is only going to get worse as foster care become more overburdened.

This is of course not withstanding the kids who are born with down syndrome and neonatal tatanus, addictions, diseases, health conditions? Should they be born to live objectively mediocre lives, with the latter to simply died in agony? What about the cost of taking care of these kids. They're going to cost billions most likely, from the healthcare, to the crime. It going to be ugly if we outlaw abortion and bring all those kids in the world, especially since the state will never be a proper mother and father to them.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:29 PM

I'm not capable of determine for others what constitutes a mediocre life.

I certainly don't want to kill over what I see as a life not as on par with mine.

Seems kinda wrong to me.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Why can't Republicans live and let live? Nobody wants abortion but it is a last resort for some women. No one is forcing these women who don't want an abortion to get one are they? Mind your own business and let people enjoy living in a "free "country. Why do people mainly Christian zealots feel they have to push everyone their way? We can think for ourselves thanks very much. I wonder what these same people feel about the death penalty?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:32 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Why can't Republicans live and let live? Nobody wants abortion but it is a last resort for some women. No one is forcing these women who don't want an abortion to get one are they? Mind your own business and let people enjoy living in a "free "country. Why do people mainly Christian zealots feel they have to push everyone their way? We can think for ourselves thanks very much. I wonder what these same people feel about the death penalty?
Because they have lost every battle of the culture war for the last 40 years and it terrifies them that their influence is waning.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:32 PM

148 posts, read 132,174 times
Quote:
I'm not capable of determine for others what constitutes a mediocre life.

I certainly don't want to kill over what I see as a life not as on par with mine.

Seems kinda wrong to me.
Yet you have no problems deciding that a mother doesn't know what best for her child. I say leave it as is. The mother is the one who have to live with the consequences, and have a better understanding of the conditions the child would be born into. If she doesn't want to chance her child with the world (and who can blame her really) then she shouldn't have to.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I'm against it. How do you feel about forcing someone to bake a cake for someone they don't care for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies