Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:55 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Let's talk about the practicality of this...

How is it possible to observe someone's race if the patrol car is at a standstill holding a radar, and the car doing the speeding is going 65+ miles per hour on I-95?
Let's talk about the result -- the state police and the State of Maryland lost its court cases and it was considered a landmark case.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Everything is racist according to a black activist who demands blacks always have an equal or better outcome without earning or deserving it. They crap on everything whites have built and created and demand to be given control of the entire country.

In this example, they want whites to be arrested at the same rate or more even though they don't commit crime at the same rate. How will this be accomplished? By not arresting black law breakers and falsely arresting whites.

Progressive liberals are the ones that are racist and dangerous.
This is a good example of projection.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:00 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
what do all these TOP SAFEST countries have in common? let's see if there is an underlying theme here..Top 10 safest countries in the world 2014-2015

Must be a coincidence...and thats only 10.. so lets go 20...

20 Worlds Most Peaceful Countries #Travel

hmm.... must still be a coincidence....so now lets go to the most violent regions because surely there must be a common theme thats NOT a coincidence or racist in any way.....ahh.. forget it... those darn white racists need to stop..lol
That's why I said comparing the U.S. to Iceland -- the whitest country on the planet -- is like comparing the U.S. to Beverly Hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
Majority of Latinos are part of the white race.

If you're going to paint Latin America as violent, that should be noted
No, the great majority of Latinos are of mixed race -- Spanish or Portuguese White with native Central or South American Indian.

There are also Latino blacks, Latinos who are mixed white, Indian and black, Asian Latinos, and Jewish Latinos.

Latino is not a race, and Latinos are certainly NOT mostly white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So the whiter one is the less likely they will be violent criminals or an illegal alien!
If the shoe fits...

Quote:
Only on CD/POC do you see this stuff! White superiority mindset in full display here.
Facts are outrageous things, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Here's the thing. You conveniently left out the part where he rushed the officer. Back when I was in the academy (I'm an ex-cop, remember?), we were trained over and over to shoot to kill if anyone ever tried to rush us. So, when you're face to face with a cop, it's probably in your best interest to not appear threatening.
Exactly.

I don't believe for a minute that these activists don't already know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Michael Brown was not treated like a fellow person at any point during the incident. Even after his death. I don't know how many death scenes you had to visit, but on average, how long were bodies left on the street?
For as long as it takes investigators to come and check for such things as bullet shells, map out bullet trajectories, gather forensic evidence, etc.

Surely you would want an officer shooting to be fully investigated, right?

Moving the body would destroy that investigation.

Quote:
Let me help you out.
Most homicide victims are killed by people in their own group.

Five Myths About Crime in Black America--and the Statistical Truths | Colorlines

Black people are disproportionately killed by law enforcement and also are more likely to be treated more harshly at any level of the criminal justice system: arrest, sentencing, pleas, jail time.

That's the real problem here. Systemic issues.
The only systemic problem here is that blacks -- for whatever reason -- commit a disproportionately high amount of crimes, and their fellow blacks are mostly the victims.

Quote:
By the way, our violent crime rate has dropped over the past 30 years, yet we have way more people in jail. What is wrong with that picture?
The crime rate has dropped because sentencing laws like "three strikes" put career criminals in jail and keep them there.

Some criminals will commit hundreds of crimes in their lifetime, and only be caught for a small percentage of them.

So when they are finally taken off the streets for good, the crime rate drops dramatically.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:08 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Quote:
Fact: based on your spelling here, you are incapable of making a coherent argument. And next time you use the word fact, you better include evidence too.
Just stop. My arguments are rock solid and and I posted the desired sources. This is embarrasing even for the apologists.

You are ashamed of the black community and need to make silly excuses to disregard anyone who tries to hold up a mirror. You and people like you are holding blacks on the welfare planation whiles all other races continue to rise. Shame on you.

These are your facts, for all of the world to see, whether you like it or not:

Only 7% of Detroit Public-School 8th Graders Proficient in Reading

http://www.live5news.com/story/26227...econd-language

These are your facts. Have the courage to pull your head from the sand and face them. This is not a legacy of slavery. This is not the results of white racism. This is blacks not trying to succeed. And unless people like you correct your poor, apologist behavior and demand a higer standard from american blacks, i will be making the same excellent points in 20 years and you will still be trying to find silly reasons to dismiss them.

Last edited by cachibatches; 08-13-2015 at 12:21 AM..

Old 08-13-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Crime rate has dropped across the board for all races.

Crime is most closely linked to socioeconomic issues. As long as blacks are disproportionately poor and grow up in single family households they will continue to be a larger percentage of the criminal population. You also have the chicken and the egg affect in poor areas where crime is high. Crime is high, so more police are present, more arrests made, shows crime is high, more police present, more arrest made, and the cycle continues.

In the end, living a decent life in America for anyone is pretty easily attainable if you do just a few things
Of course, as a lot of White people are finding out -- you know, those who work for big box chains (and so forth), getting a full-time job is getting more and more difficult. So cross #2 off that list of 3 if you want to be realistic.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:47 AM

52 posts, read 44,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
You sound like a troll.

Please stop.
I agree. I also really wonder how people who probably have not spent an hour talking with a member of another race/nationality know so much about how/what the people feel.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:12 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
None of what you said makes any sense.

When cops observe someone in the HOV lane it's because they are either driving behind that person and can count the number of people from the rear or because he is driving adjacent to them. He isn't at a standstill as the car whizes by at 65+ mph

Cops will observe someone who doesn't have a seat belt on in the same fashion, either he's behind them, or the car is stopped at a red light, or he initially pulls them over for something else, approaches the car and observes that the driver isn't wearing one. Again, he isn't on I-95 as a car whizez by at 65+ mph to observe it

A cop can catch you on a cell phone the same way. Again, he isn't at a standstill as the car whizez by at 65+ mph on I-95

This is why no one takes black activists seriously.

Little if any
thought is put into the fine details of their reasoning.

So please explain how a cop can be at a standstill on I-95 holding a radar gun, and observe the race of the driver as he travels by at more than 65+ mph?
Why do you totally ignore the point made that acknowledges that perhaps police cannot identify the identity of a person driving by, but may give different treatment to the driver depending on who they are after pulling them over?

I was willing to concede the possibility that police may not be able to identify the race of a person prior to pulling them over and presented another possibility for the discrepancy in who gets tickets, and you totally ignore that.

Is it because you have nothing to counter it with?

Old 08-13-2015, 10:26 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
You're not saying she deserved to be treated the way she was, but she deserved to be treated the way she was.

Is that the gist of what you're saying? I mean, LEGALLY it shouldn't have happened, but, cops, they are above the law, what can you do?
Are you kidding me....????

The way she talked to that cop, I wouldn't talk to my dog the way she talked to that cop!
You don't talk to people like that, let alone a cop?

I swear, for the life of me, where does this mentality come from. I know a lot of blacks who are co-horts, friends and church family and none of them don't even think like this let alone talk like this....
believe me...they are constantly saying, this is the sort of thing that paints black people bad....and it does...

The mouth on that woman was awful....

Old 08-13-2015, 10:50 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Of course, as a lot of White people are finding out -- you know, those who work for big box chains (and so forth), getting a full-time job is getting more and more difficult. So cross #2 off that list of 3 if you want to be realistic.
It is another side affect of obamacare.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:49 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Are you kidding me....????

The way she talked to that cop, I wouldn't talk to my dog the way she talked to that cop!
You don't talk to people like that, let alone a cop?

I swear, for the life of me, where does this mentality come from. I know a lot of blacks who are co-horts, friends and church family and none of them don't even think like this let alone talk like this....
believe me...they are constantly saying, this is the sort of thing that paints black people bad....and it does...

The mouth on that woman was awful....
Being rude is not a crime. Prisons are not full of people who were rude to others. Prison's are not full of people who cursed out people.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people in prison who lost their temper in the face of mean, painless words, and physically attacked the person being rude.

A bad attitude is not a crime. The majority of a cops job is customer service, and anyone else in a customer service job who attacks someone because they are being verbally hostile would find themselves fired and locked up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies