Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 03:36 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,582 times

Advertisements

It gets better and better....

"Iran has refused access to Parchin for years and has denied any interest in — or work on — nuclear weapons. Based on U.S., Israeli and other intelligence and its own research, the IAEA suspects that the Islamic Republic may have experimented with high-explosive detonators for nuclear arms.
The IAEA has cited evidence, based on satellite images, of possible attempts to sanitize the site since the alleged work stopped more than a decade ago.

Iran is to provide agency experts with photos and videos of locations the IAEA says are linked to the alleged weapons work, "taking into account military concerns."
That wording suggests that — beyond being barred from physically visiting the site — the agency won't get photo or video information from areas Iran says are off-limits because they have military significance."

AP Exclusive: UN to let Iran inspect alleged nuke work site

So, for what reason should we lift sanctions so 150 billion dollars can flow to Iranian's proxy's through out the Middle East? How do we guarantee Iranian transgressions of the deal if Iran themselves are providing the "evidence"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 06:08 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,371,679 times
Well, we should at least be glad that o didn't write into his 'treaty' that Iran can inspect OUR nuclear facilities at any time they wish.

Uh, wait.....the whole document hasn't been read yet......

Ruh roh.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:23 PM

847 posts, read 767,401 times
Another Misleading Title. They have Already inspected Parching on two different Occasions.

and this possible Self Sampling (not self inspection) is related to Military Sites. (Not Nuclear Sites).

Old 08-19-2015, 06:34 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,244,275 times
Yawn

Old 08-19-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Yawn
Ah the cookie keeps crumbling. Are you still a fierce proponent for a deal that cannot be enforced?

It should be noted to the highest degree that the IAEA has made this special agreement with Iran without the United States or its fickle European partners consent. So now we have established that Iran will provide its own reports to the West about its secret closed military site and that foreign inspectors cannot bare entry to determine Iranian violations... I otooh would like to know how the U.S and the West can determine and criminalize Iranian transgressions without full transparency and surprise inspections?

Old 08-19-2015, 08:33 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
While everyone wants to suggest this deal between P5+1 agreement needs to be scuttled..I find it rather amusing on one sense...I actually heard speak a now retired high ranking Pentagon Leadershipship actually speak on air about backing it given the fall back to maintain monitoring and ability to punch back those pesky sanctions...BUT IF no deal..

No such ability..USA loses partnership of maintaining those sanctions etc...Then I read about there were some others who disagree'd & refuse to sign on BUT veery careful NOT to totally bash it..THEY know it's better than nothing..Give Peace a chance/allow diplomacy that chance..otherwise..Bomb Bomb Iran as McCain sang back in 2009!!..But this deal isn't and shouldn't be about some ego's of some Politicians..who those against..actually put up a forceful front to declare it's a BAD deal way before the deal was even made???...SMH..

This is so much more than just USA..It's the world who if believe such rhetoric..could actually light that fuse for Iran..given no monitoring..No way to even know IF their Nuclear program is ramping up..nor IF those centrifuges were destroyed or actually expanded inventory......Anyway..Here's both sides that I could find~~

In Open Letter, Retired Pentagon Brass Endorse Iran Deal -- News from Antiwar.com
Quote:
In a new open letter, three dozen retired US generals and admirals have endorsed the P5+1 nuclear deal with Iran as the “most effective means” to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon, and called on Congress to vote in favor of the pact.

The letter echoes sentiment from current Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey, who said that resolving the dispute with Iran diplomatically “is superior than trying to do that militarily.”

A military confrontation with Iran is very much the point for a lot of the Congressional opponents, however, and the letter also seemed aimed at them, saying that a US war with Iran would be much easier to sell internationally if the diplomatic deal had been tried first.
Retired brass avoid firm positions on Iranian nuke deal

Quote:
Many of the most prominent retired U.S. military officers are opting against expressing any firm public endorsement of or opposition to the controversial Iran nuclear deal.

"I have not yet taken a position," retired Army Gen. David Petraeus said in a recent interview.

"I recognize the benefits, significant benefits in rolling back the Iranian nuclear program for a 10- to 15-year period," said Petraeus, the former commanding general of the U.S. war in Iraq who later also oversaw U.S. military strategy across the Middle East as the head of U.S. Central Command.

"But I also recognize that these have to be weighed against the downsides of an agreement in terms of additional resources going to [Iran's] proxy elements that are causing problems in the region and beyond," Petraeus said.

As the debate about the Iranian nuclear deal grows increasingly politicized, partisan advocates are eager to seize on any strong views from respected military officers. Yet very few military officers are weighing in with public views on the deal. If and when they do, they avoid making sweeping conclusions.

"I would debunk the idea that the deal is it — and you either like it or you hate it, or it's good or it's bad. That is a bunch of nonsense," retired Adm. William Fallon, another former CENTCOM commander, told a room of national security professionals at a think tank event in Washington, D.C., on Aug. 4

Old 08-19-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
While everyone wants to suggest this deal between P5+1 agreement needs to be scuttled..I find it rather amusing on one sense...I actually heard speak a now retired high ranking Pentagon Leadershipship actually speak on air about backing it given the fall back to maintain monitoring and ability to punch back those pesky sanctions...BUT IF no deal..

No such ability..USA loses partnership of maintaining those sanctions etc...Then I read about there were some others who disagree'd & refuse to sign on BUT veery careful NOT to totally bash it..THEY know it's better than nothing..Give Peace a chance/allow dipolomacy that chance..otherwise..Bomb Bomb Iran as McCain sang back in 2009!!..But this deal isn't and shouldn't be about some ego's of some Politicians..who those against..actually put up a forceful front to declare it's a BAD deal way before the deal was even made???...SMH..

This is so much more than just USA..It's the world who if believe such rhetoric..could actually light that fuse for Iran..given no monitoring..No way to even know IF their Nuclear program is ramping up..nor IF those centrifuges were destroyed or actually expanded inventory......Anyway..Here's both sides that I could find~~

In Open Letter, Retired Pentagon Brass Endorse Iran Deal -- News from Antiwar.com

Anybody who supports the deal has not disclosed just how the West will find and enforce Iranian transgressions without full transparency and surprise inspections. The original topic to this thread has released open source information that Iran will conduct its own investigations and evidence collection without foreign inspection oversight. How will stakeholders determine without empirical evidence what Iran has violated or not?

One thing for sure is that Iran will receive $150 billion dollars once sanctions are released to do what ever they want.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:14 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,371,679 times
I certainly hope this administration doesn't expand this method of operation to the Justice Department.

Oh, damn, it's already in force at ICE.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:20 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
The whole country does not like the deal we heard we are making.

We don't like giving 150 billion to the leading sponsors of terror around the world.

This is for Obama as are many other bad things about a legacy he thinks he is making. So far he has been a complete failure.
I don't love my $300% cost increased Obamacare either.

This President IMO caters to losers and is among the biggest ones himself.
I can't believe how this guy has made thousands of executive orders when in the past the most made before in 8 years was 60.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:44 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,244,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Ah the cookie keeps crumbling. Are you still a fierce proponent for a deal that cannot be enforced?

It should be noted to the highest degree that the IAEA has made this special agreement with Iran without the United States or its fickle European partners consent. So now we have established that Iran will provide its own reports to the West about its secret closed military site and that foreign inspectors cannot bare entry to determine Iranian violations... I otooh would like to know how the U.S and the West can determine and criminalize Iranian transgressions without full transparency and surprise inspections?

Yes, I am a proponent of supporting this deal over all other options. That much is a no brainer.

I keep asking and you can NEVER offer anything credible - what is the alternative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies