Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 02:26 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times

Advertisements

I thought that it was said that he was fired before Alison was even hired? Like most developing stories, there are way too many conflicting reports that come out of the woodwork in the first few hours.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:35 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I thought that it was said that he was fired before Alison was even hired? Like most developing stories, there are way too many conflicting reports that come out of the woodwork in the first few hours.
One of the stories I read said she interned at the station before she was hired, so his complaints could have been about remarks she made while an intern. Also, his complaints could have been about inferences he made from her remarks, not actual statements by her. Because, given his previous employment history, it sounds like he was listening for remarks he could interpret as racist or biased against him, even when the remarks were perfectly innocent. And to complain that a cameraman went to HR about him after only working with him once! points to a double-standard. He could behave any way he wanted to, could be offended by anything, but if someone else felt offense at his behavior, they were in the wrong.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:45 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
If the world has treated you like **** and you feel the need to get even do us all a favor and just kill yourself first.
Agreed, if you are an evil or insane person like this turd, let the first round you fire be right between your own eyes.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:09 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Black racist terrorism....

Now, who thinks that the media will portray it as such?

Who thinks this will start a national conversation on black culture and how it's time to get rid of it?

Who thinks the actions of this one nut job will be extrapolated to the entire race like the actions of Dylan Roof was an indictment on the racism of the entire white race?

Old 08-26-2015, 03:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
If the races were reversed, this would have been labeled a hate crime.
It was a hate crime.

Will the Obama regime investigate it as such? Not likely, as the perp was black.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:12 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Who thinks this will start a national conversation on black culture and how it's time to get rid of it?

Who thinks the actions of this one nut job will be extrapolated to the entire race like the actions of Dylan Roof was an indictment on the racism of the entire white race?
What is "black culture"? Please do explain.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:21 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,134 times
Can you imagine the conundrum at the Whitehouse? Should the President himself attend the funeral service, or merely send a delegation from the Department of Justice, headed up by the Attorney General? Of course, I suppose, it all will depend upon whether Vester’s grieving parents even would welcome any government representation at the service.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:41 PM

998 posts, read 664,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Can you imagine the conundrum at the Whitehouse? Should the President himself attend the funeral service, or merely send a delegation from the Department of Justice, headed up by the Attorney General? Of course, I suppose, it all will depend upon whether Vester’s grieving parents even would welcome any government representation at the service.
You think Obama is going to send delegates to the gunman's funeral, but not the victims? On what grounds? I could see the Obama administration potentially labeling Vester as a "victim" of a racist society, but I doubt that even they would go that far in this case. But Obama never fails to exploit a tragedy for political gains, so I think he is much more apt to use this as a cry for further gun control. It is kind of terrifying that a person as mentally deranged as Vester was able to obtain a gun through legal means.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
What's really bizarre is that he filmed his own act of murder and uploaded it. It's a wonder he didn't set up a video camera on a tripod with a zoom lens in the distance so he could be more prominently displayed in his own video as he murdered those people, giving him air time one last time. What a piece of work.

I hear you, loud and clear. Let me tell you, this is sure not the way to gain fame. And a wrong way to gain attention!

He is sick, like many others out there, not getting the help they need. And some blow things out of proportion, to justify there criminal ways. People really need to start paying attention, when someone they know says things out of character. What they say may mean nothing at all, or may mean this person is in trouble.

Pay attention, I knew someone who snapped, and my family was the one who tried to get help for this individual. Since he was sick and mental, he felt everyone was out to get him. He did not sign himself in for help. Because of this, this person, went on to kill, and I will leave it at that. We tried and tried, for him to get help, but while trying to get him help, he was planning murder even of myself and my small children at that time.

Sad, really sad, he went on to kill himself.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:01 PM

409 posts, read 258,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

I can see the Salon headline now: "Gentle giant driven to madness by institutionalized racism and right wing hate speech. Oh, and homophobia. Oh yeah, and also the Koch brothers. And Donald Trump."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies