Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 04:11 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, you didn't. You just claimed that Blacks think the Dems are the least oppressive of two different parties, but you provided no facts to support why that would be. I'm saying why not at least try voting for any other party and see what happens. Example: younger and more educated Blacks are migrating to the South for better opportunities, according to the US Census.
My Facts are common sense. NO PEOPLE VOTE FOR THEIR WORST INTEREST....UNLESS THEY ARE STUPID!! Hence, since you say that the democratic party oppresses blacks, then obviously in the mind of blacks, assuming that blacks are not STUPID, the democratic party is LESS oppressive than the republican party.

Companies seek the path of least resistance to profit and that is generally a more educated workforce and or a more exploitable (uneducated workforce). Also, the high demand to live in many Northern cities eventually raised the cost of living to such a degree that the cost of doing business became prohibitive. Thus, the north suffered from its own success (high demand). Eventually companies sought to escape this high cost when globalization took hold and cheap labor markets become open to northern manufacturers. Then companies sought the path of least resistance which was cheap labor, low taxes, low regulations, like Mexico, China, Alabama, etc. Thus, since the jobs migrated there so did blacks. You herald the move, but its really a race to the bottom. When America was rising as and a true economic power with a trade surplus and a net creditor nation.....Northern cities were booming...and so were median levels of income. Now that the nation is the largest net debtor nation and has the largest trade deficit and median incomes are falling...the growth is in the Red States because the red states offer a more exploitable workforce. The rich are getting a lot richer and the middle and lower classes poorer because the growth is growing in red states....the same states that have us slavery for the longest.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Or maybe it's the fact that for every job opening these days, there are dozens if not hundreds of applicants. My friend is on a job search, and it's hard right now.
Every?

There are 4000+ economies in the US. The employment situation has always been highly variable.

In my neck of the woods, nearly every grocer, retailer, restaurant and manufacturer has had the hiring signage out all year, not just seasonal. hiring.

This includes GAP which offers a starting wage at $10/hr.

Have you considered there may be a surplus of workers in some areas, who are emotionally unfit to work?

Old 08-31-2015, 04:48 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Or maybe it's the fact that for every job opening these days, there are dozens if not hundreds of applicants. My friend is on a job search, and it's hard right now.
That may be but that makes it worse for black people. Sometimes white hiring managers prefer to hire their own. That's the reason Asians had to make their own jobs and create businesses because noone (read: whites) wouldn't hire them. One thing I do believe more black people should do is open their own businesses in the black community.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:49 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Lefties will pat them on the head and give them a cookie.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yep...a few decades worth of help....and a few centuries of the outside hindering and oppressing. I guess its a wash.
oh please stop with the, "its someone elses fault" bullcrap. "ohhh us blacks were slaves for 400 years, waa waa waa, give me money waa waa waa".

"gee as a black person i dont want to take advantage of the opportunities that have been laid in front of me, i want someone else to solve my problems".

please stop with the victim mentality, step up to the plate and forge ahead in life. no one is going to give you anything, you have to earn what you want. you want to be rich? get out and earn it. you want respect? get out and earn it.

until the black community ends the victim mentality, they are not going to move ahead much as a whole. and until the black community chooses to integrate into society as a whole, they are not going to end the victim mentality.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:12 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Every?

There are 4000+ economies in the US. The employment situation has always been highly variable.

In my neck of the woods, nearly every grocer, retailer, restaurant and manufacturer has had the hiring signage out all year, not just seasonal. hiring.

This includes GAP which offers a starting wage at $10/hr.

Have you considered there may be a surplus of workers in some areas, who are emotionally unfit to work?
No, this girl is not emotionally unfit for work, nor is she unemployed even though she is looking for something better. If she was looking for low wage work, I'm sure she could apply at a retailer or grocer. She's looking for something in her field, but unfortunately so many qualified applicants are out of work due to the huge layoffs in the energy sector.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I think I have to point out that I know many blacks who have pulled themselves up. One told me that government dependence is like drugs ;hard to ever get past once you become addicted.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
That may be but that makes it worse for black people. Sometimes white hiring managers prefer to hire their own. That's the reason Asians had to make their own jobs and create businesses because noone (read: whites) wouldn't hire them. One thing I do believe more black people should do is open their own businesses in the black community.
That would help.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think I have to point out that I know many blacks who have pulled themselves up. One told me that government dependence is like drugs ;hard to ever get past once you become addicted.
Imagine you're a single mom with rental assistance, child care assistance, and food stamps. Your place of employment offers you a new position for a small raise, and it's the only way to move up in the company, but if you take it you will lose your food stamps and rental assistance. What would you choose? You may become homeless waiting for the next promotion. That is how welfare traps people. But without it a poor person could not live on a minimum wage job, or even a $12-$15 per hour job around here. It's a conundrum.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:46 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
"gee as a black person i dont want to take advantage of the opportunities that have been laid in front of me, i want someone else to solve my problems".

until the black community ends the victim mentality, they are not going to move ahead much as a whole. and until the black community chooses to integrate into society as a whole, they are not going to end the victim mentality.
Perhaps that explains why unemployment amongst black college graduates is twice as high as whites, college graduates.

So how did the white community at least ameliorate the unemployment rate for white college graduates? Is it because black college graduates complain about being victims on their job applications? If it is I'll get to work on that as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies