Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 05:05 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,621,905 times

Advertisements

People have been concerned about bad cops long before President Obama was in office. Concern doesn't mean hatred so stop being a victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 05:12 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,621,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericnGrl View Post
Hypocrite, will you hesitate to call 911 hoping for police response if your home is invaded. How can you say a few bad cops brought this upon all cops but not say a plethora of black thugs brought violence upon themselves. You can't have it both ways. Judge the individual as it should be or judge the group?

Whatever occupation you have I venture to say there have been some bad ones - bad electricians, sleazy attorneys, are we to say that a few bad apples spoil the entire barrel then you too must be no good. That is not a personal attack, it is following your own logic to its conclusion.
You're a fool if you jumped to that conclusion. It's okay to judge a black man a thug, but not ok to judge a bad police officers. I expect my police officers to do a good job. You're just a racist who can't think analytically

Old 09-11-2015, 05:23 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
I remember when Americans respected authority
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really?

Just when was that?

Have you considered the simple fact that America's start was based on questioning authority?
I wish we lived in a place more like the America of yesteryear that only exists in the brains of us Republicans.
- Ned Flanders (The Simpsons)

Old 09-11-2015, 05:24 PM

226 posts, read 267,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Obama didn't bring this on, the bully cops brought this on themselves! They only have themselves to blame!

All scattered karma incidents! What goes around, comes around!
Why then did not the bully Michael Brown bring his demise upon himself? He stole, assaulted a clerk, assaulted a police officer inflicting bodily injury, he tried to steal a police officer's gun but yet he's "St. Michael".

KARMA what goes around comes around no matter what color you are. To blame a police officer who didn't want to die at the hands of a thug is ridiculous and you wouldn't do it IF IT WERE YOU.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:29 PM

226 posts, read 267,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
You're a fool if you jumped to that conclusion. It's okay to judge a black man a thug, but not ok to judge a bad police officers. I expect my police officers to do a good job. You're just a racist who can't think analytically
Once again FACT and EVIDENCE are of no concern to you - there is video tape of Brown stealing and assaulting a clerk. There is testimony by black witnesses that Michael Brown attacked the police officer, that he did not have his hands up and he did not say don't shoot. EVIDENCE: REAL EVIDENCE as opposed to your manufactured defense of someone who was clearly a bully. A bully by any other name (like Gentle Giant) is still a bully. that's a fact - based not on color or bias or racism ITS A FACT. Michael Brown instigated the events that lead to his demise. No one made him steal the cigars or rough up the clerk or try to get the officers gun after assaulting him. He could have walked away HE CHOSE TO DIE.

I didn't JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSION: I was going by the evidence - you oughta try it some time.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:43 PM

218 posts, read 214,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Interesting article about how Obama is empowering the criminal element while paralyzing the police force----all in attempt for poor people to be more dependent on the federal government (Democrats).

'Ferguson Effect': America's New Crime Wave Is All Part of the Plan - Breitbart
The majority of poverty is southern and WHITE, and children

Old 09-11-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Once again FACT and EVIDENCE are of no concern to you - there is video tape of Brown stealing and assaulting a clerk. There is testimony by black witnesses that Michael Brown attacked the police officer, that he did not have his hands up and he did not say don't shoot. EVIDENCE: REAL EVIDENCE as opposed to your manufactured defense of someone who was clearly a bully. A bully by any other name (like Gentle Giant) is still a bully. that's a fact - based not on color or bias or racism ITS A FACT. Michael Brown instigated the events that lead to his demise. No one made him steal the cigars or rough up the clerk or try to get the officers gun after assaulting him. He could have walked away HE CHOSE TO DIE.

I didn't JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSION: I was going by the evidence - you oughta try it some time.
You do realize there is a "rule" of law. That means cops arrest, then the judicial system takes over, the defendant gets a lawyer, a trial by peers. How much time would he get for the ridiculous small time theft, and we don't really know if he roughed up anyone, since there was no trial, but even that might have been no more than a few months in jail, if any. But to you, "Oh know, he CHOSE TO DIE". Really? And you call yourself an American girl? Sounds very un American to me.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
At some point you must MOVE ALONG. Pull up your panties and get on with it. No one alive today was a slave and God knows there have been hundreds of programs just for blacks, there still are, but THEY CHOOSE NOT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE. How is it white peoples fault if black kids drop out of school. And the real proof is that black people have gone backward, a generation or two ago black families were no different from whites. Now 8 out of 10 black children are born into single parent/absent parent families.

How could it be that blacks were making progress - moving on from slavery yet with the passage of time they have slipped backward? It is because of choices they make. If you really care about black people you would stop enabling them and make a case for self-accountability. Telling them "poor baby" every time they stumble and fall (many times for acting recklessly) does not help them, it hinders them.

HOW MUCH is enough? And its not like blacks have a corner on the market of suffering. And - as you should know there were black slave owners and blacks who sold their brothers into slavery - but you will reward them still today?

You need to get your head out of yesterday and move on - but your attitude is a good demonstration of why some blacks have failed to thrive; they are more interested in being mired in yesterday than actually trying to do something with their lives.

There are many good examples of blacks who started life with less than optimal circumstances who managed to do quite well for themselves and if they can so can anyone else. Take your violin and play elsewhere PLEASE.

If you insist on reparations - IF we figure out who were true descendants of slaves lets start by paying back the welfare, the food stamps, free schools, free meals, section 8 housing, then we can talk about what is owed. CHOOSING welfare as a career is not white man's fault.

PROBABLY I will get a strike against me for trolling or attacking or taking over a thread or whatever but I will say right here I did nothing of the kind - I was responding on point to a post someone made, 3 responses is not trolling, its adding to the conversation. Eric Holder says we cowards need to have a "discussion" on race - I'd like that - I just don't want it to be what it certainly will be - a forum for SOME segment of blacks to whine and complain and deny any accountability which is not a discussion its a lecture/diatribe of to justify bad choices THEY MADE no one forced them.

What makes you think blacks have ever been treated like you or me? The Jim Crow laws were alive and well in my lifetime! Segregation as a whole is still being practiced today. There are way more white people than black people on welfare and you don't expect them to just pull themselves up by their bootstraps. I never mentioned reparations, at all. That might be a different poster.

Could you be like so many racists, just a little upset that so many, many, many blacks excel so often when given the same opportunities, or even when they are not, in some cases. Entertainment, business, sports, philanthropy, heck, I hear there is even a black president for goodness sake! Woe is you!

Old 09-11-2015, 09:50 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
You do realize there is a "rule" of law. That means cops arrest, then the judicial system takes over, the defendant gets a lawyer, a trial by peers. How much time would he get for the ridiculous small time theft, and we don't really know if he roughed up anyone, since there was no trial, but even that might have been no more than a few months in jail, if any. But to you, "Oh know, he CHOSE TO DIE". Really? And you call yourself an American girl? Sounds very un American to me.
We know because there were witnesses and two autopsies that corroborated the cop's version of events. We know because the Justice Department did their own investigation and ruled it self-defense. If there was even the tiniest bit of evidence to corroborate Michal Brown's friend's version of events, the Justice Department would have jumped on it. They wanted to believe the friend's version, but couldn't do so with the evidence.

I wish people would quit using Michael Brown as the face of the BLM movement. There are far more worthy martyrs, like the guy shot in the back in South Carolina, or the one shot in the head at a traffic stop by a university police officer in Ohio, or Freddy Gray. Those cops have been or will most likely go to jail for their crimes.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
We know because there were witnesses and two autopsies that corroborated the cop's version of events. We know because the Justice Department did their own investigation and ruled it self-defense. If there was even the tiniest bit of evidence to corroborate Michal Brown's friend's version of events, the Justice Department would have jumped on it. They wanted to believe the friend's version, but couldn't do so with the evidence.

I wish people would quit using Michael Brown as the face of the BLM movement. There are far more worthy martyrs, like the guy shot in the back in South Carolina, or the one shot in the head at a traffic stop by a university police officer in Ohio, or Freddy Gray. The problem is that those cops have been or will most likely go to jail for their crimes.

I wasn't comparing him with BLM at all, I was responding to a post. He still got the death penalty. I agree there are more egregious deaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies