Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 12:03 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
OK - so lets not do this "liberal thing" . Lets reject the deal - explain what happens then..
Let's go a bit deeper. I am not opposed to "A" deal. Heck, I don't even know the full details of this current detail to get on stage to oppose it. But what I do know is there is this obnoxious state of mind out there that everything is ok and we need to "trust the system" no matter the disturbing indicators. It's the finger in ear, la la la, mentality that worries me.

Despite Iran's supreme leader saying today: no talks with great satan and Israel won't exist in 25 years. Even today, despite this, it doesn't matter. There is absolutely no sense of concern. That is my issue.

When there is no concern, that is when we are most vulnerable.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 12:18 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Let's go a bit deeper. I am not opposed to "A" deal. Heck, I don't even know the full details of this current detail to get on stage to oppose it. But what I do know is there is this obnoxious state of mind out there that everything is ok and we need to "trust the system" no matter the disturbing indicators. It's the finger in ear, la la la, mentality that worries me.

Despite Iran's supreme leader saying today: no talks with great satan and Israel won't exist in 25 years. Even today, despite this, it doesn't matter. There is absolutely no sense of concern. That is my issue.

When there is no concern, that is when we are most vulnerable.

There is no "finger in ear, la la la, mentality". Look at the clip below of the British Prime Minister talking about the deal. He actually speaks of not being "starry eyed" about the deal and expects Iran to change its behavior in other areas than just its nuclear program.

The closest we will get to inspecting Iran's nuclear sites, rolling back its program and opening diplomatic relations is this deal. Is it perfect? no, of course not. But then nobody is suggesting that it is.

UK Prime Minister David Cameron: Iran Deal 'So Much Better Than The Alternative' - NBC News

Old 09-09-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
bolded...not true

Iran, the United States and five other world powers have sealed a breakthrough framework agreement outlining limits on Iran's nuclear programme, despite attempts by Israel and Saudi Arabia to thwart the deal. Al Jazeera spoke with four analysts about why Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries, along with Israel, are upset about the agreement.

A nuclear deal with Tehran, from the Saudi perspective, means two things: Iran will have the ability to improve its economic standing, and the capability to create a nuclear weapon - since the deal will only take effect for a relatively short period of time, 15 years, and will not destroy Iran's technical capabilities to maintain a nuclear programme. Both results would strengthen Iran and its allies in the region

most of the middle-east OPPOSES this deal

saudi wants the sanctions kept
UAE Abu Dhabi wants the sanctions kept
kuwait wants the sanctions kept
oman wants the sanctions kept but modified
Bahrain wants the sanctions kept
qatar wants the sanctions kept
jordan wants the sanctions kept
israel wants the sanctions kept

I don't know where to start with this nonsense. Saudi just publicly back the deal a couple days ago. The rest of the ME region support it also (apart from Israel's PM).

The negotiating parties where China, Russia, Britain, France, Germany and the US, along with Iran. None of them are open to further sanctions. You can hear it from the horses mouth from the link in my last post (from the British PM)..

Old 09-09-2015, 01:34 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Quote:
There is no "finger in ear, la la la, mentality". Look at the clip below of the British Prime Minister talking about the deal. He actually speaks of not being "starry eyed" about the deal and expects Iran to change its behavior in other areas than just its nuclear program.

The closest we will get to inspecting Iran's nuclear sites, rolling back its program and opening diplomatic relations is this deal. Is it perfect? no, of course not. But then nobody is suggesting that it is.

UK Prime Minister David Cameron: Iran Deal 'So Much Better Than The Alternative' - NBC News
A UK diplomat supporting its own deal is not substantial evidence that this deal will provide the proper procedures to ensure Iran will not become a nuclear threshold and or weapons holder. This deal however, has been exposed to have fatal flaws that could enrich an enemy state.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I don't know where to start with this nonsense. Saudi just publicly back the deal a couple days ago. The rest of the ME region support it also (apart from Israel's PM).

The negotiating parties where China, Russia, Britain, France, Germany and the US, along with Iran. None of them are open to further sanctions. You can hear it from the horses mouth from the link in my last post (from the British PM)..
Yet, Khamenie on twitter has publically expressed non compliance with Big Satan. If you read my articles, flaws have been exposed. You continue to claim unicorns and rainbows because of your disliking of PM Netanyahu and Israel. Now that several posters are telling you there are issues, you are still in denial.

What's funny is that the Democrats are filibustering as we speak. If the Dems love the deal so much, why are they doing it?

Old 09-09-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
A UK diplomat supporting its own deal is not substantial evidence that this deal will provide the proper procedures to ensure Iran will not become a nuclear threshold and or weapons holder. This deal however, has been exposed to have fatal flaws that could enrich an enemy state.

The point is the British Prime Minster laying out why the deal is the best option, while simultaneously stating that it isn't perfect.

Like I have also said a million times, you have no credible alternative. You don't have to love or even like this deal to support it as the best option we have. And best option it is.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Yet, Khamenie on twitter has publically expressed non compliance with Big Satan. If you read my articles, flaws have been exposed. You continue to claim unicorns and rainbows because of your disliking of PM Netanyahu and Israel. Now that several posters are telling you there are issues, you are still in denial.

What's funny is that the Democrats are filibustering as we speak. If the Dems love the deal so much, why are they doing it?

See post #107. The democrats will filibuster to prevent the President even needing to veto. I guess not even understanding that should be expected given your disastrous arguments over the Iran deal.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:34 PM

595 posts, read 368,682 times
Quote:
Iran is already a nuclear threshold state, along with plenty of other countries.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c48_story.html

If Iran wanted the bomb they would have already acquired it by now. They have had their nuclear program since the 1950's when the U.S. gave to the Shah (Ruler of Iran at the time) a nuclear program, under the U.S. program Atoms for Peace.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
The point is the British Prime Minster laying out why the deal is the best option, while simultaneously stating that it isn't perfect.

Like I have also said a million times, you have no credible alternative. You don't have to love or even like this deal to support it as the best option we have. And best option it is.
Nope. The best credible alternative for the umpteenth time was to continue sanctions and committee to no deal. Britain amongst the others, struck a deal for economic interests and not to prevent Iran into a global superpower.

Very simple to comprehend.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
See post #107. The democrats will filibuster to prevent the President even needing to veto. I guess not even understanding that should be expected given your disastrous arguments over the Iran deal.
If the deal is so great, their would be no filibustering.

But I will Still await for your commentary on Khamenie's personal comments. ( Which you ignore x345)

In the mean time, Other than trash opinion articles, prove that this deal will be effective of all you say. If not, jump off Khamenie's yellow bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies