Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is right on gay marriage? Trump or Huckabee?
I lean right - Trump is right on gay marriage 23 29.87%
I lean right - Huckabee is right on gay marriage 7 9.09%
I lean left - Trump is right on gay marriage 43 55.84%
I lean left - Huckabee is right on gay marriage 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 07:26 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet several Republican presidential hopefuls have signed a pledge to ban SSM once again.
Cruz, Santorum, Carson, and Jindal all signed it.

https://marriagepledge.com/#

But they aren't anti-gay marriage.
yes, It is a myth, the same as Democrats (all of them) support gay marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 07:29 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Huckabee really believes it. A lot of candidates have to pander to the extreme religious right but people like Huckabee and Santorum aren't pandering. He and his supporters really believe that gay marriage is the greatest threat America is currently facing.
Which demonstrates how mentally ill and out of touch with reality they are.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yes, It is a myth, the same as Democrats (all of them) support gay marriage.
It's a myth, yet republican presidential hopefuls have vowed to end same sex marriage if elected.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
It's a myth, yet republican presidential hopefuls have vowed to end same sex marriage if elected.
well, I just stated a fact that not all Republicans are anti gay marriage. No more no less.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
well, I just stated a fact that not all Republicans are anti gay marriage. No more no less.
Are you sure that is what you stated?

Quote:
Anti Gay marriage Republicans = Myth

Old 09-08-2015, 07:44 PM

773 posts, read 786,820 times
I think it's wonderful Huckabee is willing to go to jail for what he believes in. That kind of conviction I find admirable. Problem is most politicians say a lot of things they never do or never intend to do.

So I pledge this:

If Mike Huckabee willingly does whatever it takes to be jailed for committing whatever crime it is that breaks whatever law he's talking about,

and

He tells the judge he will willingly do the time because he committed the crime,

and

He asks for no leniency nor accepts any shortening of his sentence,

When he gets out of jail, I will no longer think him as a run-of-the-mill politician.

And any other politician who does the same thing, I'll give them the same support.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
I agree. The problem is that it's been about three decades since an R running for significant (=state or national) office has felt safe enough to say so in public.

That's why Trump is so startling. There are many things wrong with Trump, but if there were no other choices for president than, say, Jindal, and Trump - I'd hold my nose and vote for Trump, and I wouldn't spend any time agonizing over it.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Are you sure that is what you stated?

Yes, I am sure that is what I stated.

If you believe ALL republicans are anti gay marriage, then you believe a myth.

By the way, why is it so hard to understand that not ALL Republicans are anti gay marriage?!

My whole family is Republican, NONE is against gay marriage, none really cares, to be completely honest.

I think you need to stop reading too much into people's words.

If my post created a misunderstanding, i apologize, but after I explained myself

" I just stated a fact that not all Republicans are anti gay marriage, NO MORE NO LESS" You should just accept it as it is, otherwise, your main purpose is to argue.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:50 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Because gay marriage is not that big of a deal, unless you're living in a house on wheels, chew tobbacc-IE and wear overalls in your adult years.

I agree the ignorant. People get married gay or st8. It's time these fools face up to their bigotry and get over it. These people are basically cowards to begin with. I can guarantee their animosity towards gay people, is only the tip of the iceberg with them.

It is time to get on with much more important issues, than gays getting married. Such as and I can't express it enough because it disgust me. The lack of interest in dealing with the amount of killings in this country, by evil or mentally ill people. Nothing is done about it, nothing. There isn't a week go by we don't have to deal, with innocent people being shot to death. Yet garbage in Kentucky stands around and protests because their drama queen clerk, that has been married 4 times, has had twins in between these marriages is in jail. She is nothing but a hypocritical tramp making $80,000 a year. Something is sick and very wrong with our society. At least with Kentucky for allowing this tramp, to have the job in the first place.

I suggest fools get over gays getting married, its been done. Move on. The more protesting that goes on over it, while what I mentioned never gets addressed. Then the more cowardly bigots, these self righteous religious bores become in my eyes.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am sure that is what I stated.

If you believe ALL republicans are anti gay marriage, then you believe a myth.

By the way, why is it so hard to understand that not ALL Republicans are anti gay marriage?!

My whole family is Republican, NONE is against gay marriage, none really cares, to be completely honest.

I think you need to stop reading too much into people's words.

If my post created a misunderstanding, i apologize, but after I explained myself

" I just stated a fact that not all Republicans are anti gay marriage, NO MORE NO LESS" You should just accept it as it is, otherwise, your main purpose is to argue.
I never claimed that all republicans are anti-SSM,
I was responding to your post that republican anti-SSM = myth. It is not a myth is it is true, and it is true that some republicans are anti ssm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies