Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 11:17 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times

Advertisements

Heh, you conservatives are funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 12:08 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Sadly Roadking (and I'm no fan of Obama) it started well before him. Is he accelerating the process? Probably. Either way this country is going to hell and a hand basket, and both sides of the aisle are to blame. They're all on a power trip, and only serve themselves, and I would hope that Americans wake up and vote them all out!
This is true. We were ranked second in the year 2000. This decline will have an unfavorable long term impact on our GDP. Here are some interesting comments from the report;

While economic freedom has generally risen globally since 1980, there has been a
modest reversal of the trend since 2000. For example, the average rating for the original
OECD nations has fallen by 0.26 of a point since 2000. Nowhere has the reversal of
the rising trend in the economic freedom been more evident than in the United States.
Throughout the period from 1970 to 2000, the United States ranked as the world’s
freest OECD nation (generally the third freest economy overall behind only Hong
Kong and Singapore). The chain-linked summary rating of the United States in 2000
was 8.65. By 2005, the US rating had slipped to 8.22. The slide has continued. The 7.73
chain-linked rating of the United States in 2013 was more than 0.9 of a unit lower than
the 2000 rating. Thus, the decline in economic freedom in the United States has been
more than three times greater than the average decline found in the OECD.

The 0.9-point decline in the summary rating between 2000 and 2013 on the
10-point scale of the index may not sound like much, but scholarly work on this
topic indicates that a one-point decline in the EFW rating is associated with a reduction
in the long-term growth of GDP of between 1.0 and 1.5 percentage points
annually (Gwartney, Holcombe, and Lawson, 2006). This implies that, unless policies
undermining economic freedom are reversed, the future annual growth of the
US economy will be only about half its historic average of 3%.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Don't blame anybody but self to find yourself at the bottom. All you have done over past seven years is moan and groan about the President who has been cleaning up your mess.
Me? I have no mess. And if I did, Obama certainly couldn't clean it up.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I have never loathed a human as much as Obama simply for his hate of America and what it stands for.
Well, just like Hitler warned the world, Obama warned us that he would "fundamentally change" America.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:12 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
No.

You'll be hard pressed to find any conservative fans of Bush...he was Obama light the last two years of his term. We're just getting screwed harder now. He's cleaned up nothing, just made it all worse.
Thats conservatism for you. Get someone like Bush elected then run around crying about it.

So, who do you think is your candidate now?

Old 09-15-2015, 12:12 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
Quote:
Well said...

I believe, unfortunately, that he won't go away after his term. He'll still give speeches, surrounded by sycophants, demagoguing anything the Republicans do. He never allows rebuttal, he just "dictates".

I have never loathed a human as much as Obama simply for his hate of America and what it stands for.
Amen. I'm black and Jewish and back in 2007 thought obama might be something. But by the time he'd been around for awhile realized what a disaster he'd be if elected. It's been far worse than any of us imagined. Far worse.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Heh, you conservatives are funny.
You are really stretching yourself with all those big words and that deep insight.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:14 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Me? I have no mess. And if I did, Obama certainly couldn't clean it up.
Leave it to those who have been looking at you to know the mess you and the dittoheads create and will continue to.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Leave it to those who have been looking at you to know the mess you and the dittoheads create and will continue to.
I assume the "mess" you are talking about is things like the GM bailout and the Solyndra fiasco. But I had nothing to do with either event.

I also assume the "dittoheads" you are talking about include Obama and his Big Government agenda.

And yes, Obama will continue his Big Government Anti Freedom agenda for almost two more years.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I assume the "mess" you are talking about is things like the GM bailout and the Solyndra fiasco. But I had nothing to do with either event.

I also assume the "dittoheads" you are talking about include Obama and his Big Government agenda.

And yes, Obama will continue his Big Government Anti Freedom agenda for almost two more years.
How was the bush administration any less big government and anti freedom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies