Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 09:56 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So why don't they? Obamacare isn't affordable for the middle class, either. That doesn't stop them from being responsible with their reproductive health. [
I'm not defending the ACA, what I asked you to explain is how someone earning less than $200 a week can afford to buy health insurance. I'm not sure how this has anything to do with people being responsible for their reproductive health
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 09:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Its documented that they have sold.... not donated.

I thought Obamacare was supposed to take care of womens healthcare needs.
False. The only figures discussed are for reimbursement of staff time to obtain informed consent from the mother and specialized shipping fees.

The highly edited videos, edit out the part of discussion that relates to these costs and the mention that PP is looking to offset the extra costs of staff time and shipping and not profit.

Watch at minute 15 though 17 on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4UjIM9B9KQ

Old 09-26-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Is it the right that is denying that abortion ends a human life?
Which is the impetus behind making these deceptive videos. It is not about "illegal sale of baby parts," it is really about anti-choice.

Last edited by jojajn; 09-26-2015 at 10:58 AM..

Old 09-26-2015, 10:25 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
False. The only figures discussed are for reimbursement of staff time to obtain informed consent from the mother and specialized shipping fees.

The highly edited videos, edit out the part of discussion that relates to these costs and the mention that PP is looking to offset the extra costs of staff time and shipping and not profit.

Watch at minute 15 though 17 on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4UjIM9B9KQ
I work in the medical field. There is no "extra cost" to the staff to receive informed consent, the patient is handed the appropriate paperwork, asked if they understand and if they have a question it is discussed. Shipping costs are normally reimbursed by the buyer in any other transaction in this country, why would it be different for Planned Parenthood?

Old 09-26-2015, 11:15 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not defending the ACA, what I asked you to explain is how someone earning less than $200 a week can afford to buy health insurance.
How can a family of 3 earning $80,000 a year afford to pay $12,000/year in premiums plus a $12,900/year deductible ? That's a full 31% of their pre-tax income.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:24 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Nobody is selling baby parts. Tissue is being donated, as allowed by law.

Actually, yes. In a lot of places, PP is the only place any woman can go to get free/reduced health services. People who aren't completely ignorant know this.
Like where?

I'm currently in Portland Maine. There are seven (7) non Planned Parenthood low cost women's health centers and one (1) Planned Parenthood center.

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov

Old 09-26-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K........so I want all those who said those videos were edited to provide links...reputable links...

Notice how not a single person who said that, provided anything.....
Here;

Quote:
According to a report compiled by a group Planned Parenthood hired, Fusion GPS, a forensic video expert found that the Center for Medical Progress’s “full footage videos contained numerous intentional post-production edits.” Based on the timestamps on the longer videos alone, roughly 30 minutes are missing from the videos recorded in Texas and Colorado. The research firm also found that the transcripts provided by the Center for Medical Progress are inaccurate as judged against a transcript made by an independent service. “All four transcripts by CMP contain substantive omissions, and the Texas transcript appears to be grossly edited,” the Fusion GPS report says.
Planned Parenthood: Even ‘full’ videos were altered

http://fox40.com/2015/08/27/in-repor...are-deceptive/

Last edited by jojajn; 09-26-2015 at 12:36 PM..

Old 09-26-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Fiorina Was Right | Glenn T. Stanton | First Things

Liberals deny the videos, calling them ‘fake’. Watch this...

George Stephenopoulos on ABC News interviewing Fiorina said that “analysts who watched all 12+ hours said the harrowing scene you describe isn't actually in those tapes” and then asks her if she misspoke. Fiorina certainly did not misspeak. The left has got it wrong. Everything she described in the debate is all plainly here in the video, starting at 5:37. (WARNING: It is graphic and upsetting.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzMAycMMXp8
Fiorina speaks without doing her due diligence first. This is a bad practice for a business executive let alone an executive of our country.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:08 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,185,264 times
The whole affair is just old-hat, fire-up-the-fundies, right-wing claptrap.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I work in the medical field. There is no "extra cost" to the staff to receive informed consent, the patient is handed the appropriate paperwork, asked if they understand and if they have a question it is discussed. Shipping costs are normally reimbursed by the buyer in any other transaction in this country, why would it be different for Planned Parenthood?
The figures discussed are for shipping costs. If you had watched the video in full (which I doubt) you would have learned that extra time is spent with the mother during the consent process to ensure that her mind is totally made up about the pregnancy termination before they ask her about tissue donation. They must also spend considerable time with the patient so that she fully understands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies