Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 02:16 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

Huh, rinse, repeat any Christian Denomination in the US.
Disagree completely. Step into any Baptist church in the southern US and then go to a Catholic church. You'll leave the Catholic Church wondering if they even believe in heaven and hell, much less walking the straight and narrow in accordance with the Bible's teachings. Jesus is hardly even mentioned.....but by golly you'll sure get a piece of dried bread, a sip of juice, and sore knees from all of the pew gymnastics! That's their version of "teaching Christianity." It's worthless as far as i'm concerned. Nothing like the Baptist church in any way, shape, or form.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:54 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Disagree completely. Step into any Baptist church in the southern US and then go to a Catholic church. You'll leave the Catholic Church wondering if they even believe in heaven and hell, much less walking the straight and narrow in accordance with the Bible's teachings. Jesus is hardly even mentioned.....but by golly you'll sure get a piece of dried bread, a sip of juice, and sore knees from all of the pew gymnastics! That's their version of "teaching Christianity." It's worthless as far as i'm concerned. Nothing like the Baptist church in any way, shape, or form.
Which Catholic Church is this?

Old 09-30-2015, 03:43 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

You can disagree all you want, still makes you ignorant of the facts.

Even Hagee has apologized directly to Catholic Church for crap like diatribe above.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:44 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Which Catholic Church is this?
Possibly the one on StormFront.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
The pope is an important world figure. Millions of people look to him for religious and moral guidance. And he's free to meet anyone he pleases while he's here.

When it comes to US law and politics, his opinion matters less than yours or mine. We know that american catholics ignore the contraception ban, that they have elective abortions, and that they don't oppose SSM in numbers not a whole lot different than the non-catholic population.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:56 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

My respect for the pope dropped after hearing about this. Seriously what would Jesus think and do about these gay marriages?
Well, you don't know what he really said to her, and how she interpreted what he said, and what she may have lifted out of context such as "stay strong."

I think she's some brand of evangelical, but she seized the opportunity to use the Pope. His office allegedly contacted her. Interesting that as of this morning that office has not confirmed the meeting. Perhaps they realize it could set up an angry reaction against the Pope who seemed to be gaining ground in other areas like climate change.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

I cannot believe this. This Vatican-initiated private audience is horrible and inappropriate on so many levels.
And the Pope, who advocates "tolerance" of gays is terribly remiss for not holding a private meeting (if any) on both sides of the issue, in an attempt to raise compassion and acceptance.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what I agree on is the lady has a right to be a conscientious objector-through proper channels- then she can do other parts of her job and not this- its is so darn simple- BUT there is no other way to handle it-- she should ask for a different position - matter closed
I'd like to see her full job description, at $80,000 annually paid by taxpayers. What else does she do besides rubber-stamp licenses? Also, conscientious objectors typically do some kind of unpaid public service work. Perhaps she should drop her own salary, or go out and help in shelters.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:08 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,649,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
birds of a feather... 2 hypocrites

one is against same sex couples ruining the institution of marriage - but has been married 4 times herself.

the other calls wealth and greed a sin, while sitting on a pile of gold and priceless works of art.

My thoughts too!

Old 09-30-2015, 05:13 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Maybe she met with Obama, too. Or Hillary or Trump. She'll be a factor come election time and could help and/or hurt some candidates. Nobody likes loose canons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies