Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 06:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times

Advertisements

This is becoming very common. Republicans threaten to shutdown the govt when they can't get their way. They rant and rave, but their inferior position always succumbs to the better view, that held by our great President.

Thank you Dems for continuing to keep this country moving forward.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:50 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Yep, Conservatives loss again. It's an all to familiar theme these past 6 1/2 years with Obama.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:52 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
the repubs aren't threatening to shut down the government. they do know obama will shut it down if he doesn't get what he wants. the media then takes obama's side and makes it appear the repubs are the thugs.

Simple concept, we each have an issue we want approved, if you don't get what you want from me, you shut down the government and blame it on me. However, if I want something from you and you don't comply, you then shut the government down and blame it on me.

Of course none of this is possible without owning a media propaganda machine.

The repubs only have both houses, what they need is to own the media, like obama.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:53 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
the fight is NOT the fault of the Fed workers- and for all I can muster in my little brain-- do not understand why they keep voting on Rep side??

Old 09-30-2015, 06:56 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
the repubs aren't threatening to shut down the government. they do know obama will shut it down if he doesn't get what he wants. the media then takes obama's side and makes it appear the repubs are the thugs.

Simple concept, we each have an issue we want approved, if you don't get what you want from me, you shut down the government and blame it on me. However, if I want something from you and you don't comply, you then shut the government down and blame it on me.

The repubs only have both houses, what they need is to own the media, like obama.
Huh? Republicans have always been the ones to threaten to shut government down every time. The extremist wing of thr party refuses to compromise. It's not media spin when it's simply true

Old 09-30-2015, 06:59 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Huh? Republicans have always been the ones to threaten to shut government down every time. The extremist wing of thr party refuses to compromise. It's not media spin when it's simply true

Old 09-30-2015, 06:59 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Shut it down. The infighting is good, it means they are too busy to think of ways to steal from us.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

No, the critical component the Republicans lack is the White House and the veto pen that goes with it. The president is well within is Constitutional authority to veto anything Congress sends him, at which time the Congress has the Constitutional right to attempt to override it if they can. If they can't, then they have to rework the bill if they want it to pass.

Show me where the media is involved in that process.

But for some reason, this is a concept that this iteration of the GOP seems unable to grasp. I guess there are too many simple-minded Conservatives who lack the intelligent to understand how the process works.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:06 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is becoming very common. Republicans threaten to shutdown the govt when they can't get their way. They rant and rave, but their inferior position always succumbs to the better view, that held by our great President.

Thank you Dems for continuing to keep this country moving forward.
Thanks for adding trillions to our national debt ... thanks for improving the situation in the Middle East ... thanks for that wonderful health care cluster ... thanks for sanctuary cities ... thanks for allowing millions of illegals to stay here illegally ... thanks for increasing the percentage of folks on the dole ... thanks for the Iran deal so the entire Middle East can count down the days until Iran gets a nuclear weapon ... thanks for the Benghazi murders ... thanks for the U6 unemployment rate ... thanks for raising income and capital gains taxes to pay for your wonderful programs. Need more thanks ?

Just can't say enough thanks to you wonderful Dems ... Jan 2017 can't come soon enough.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:17 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
Nice - back to
Combating climate change. Thanks goodness - I know WW3 may be brewing, but it's getting too warm in nyc in September
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies