Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 11:39 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumline View Post
No, you are demonstrably anti-gun, and you are definitely not a gun owner, past or present. It's just your cover story so that ignorant people will think you have credibility on this issue. You use almost identical language to Bloomberg's paid trolls on Salon and HuffPo comment sections, and you parrot all of their talking points.
Exactly.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:40 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Pretty sure this is a strawman. I think his original intent was that children dying are a tragedy, but an extreme minority. The vast majority of killing is being perpetrated by gang bangers, so let's focus on ways to stop that first.
So, we can't focus on both at the same time? We can only worry about mass murders "after" we fix Detroit?

Old 10-07-2015, 11:44 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So, we can't focus on both at the same time? We can only worry about mass murders "after" we fix Detroit?
No, the only time the RWNJ's want to talk about gun control is "not today." They're sort of like drug addicts and their drug addiction when it comes to that point. "Not today."

Old 10-07-2015, 11:47 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,641 times
I have yet to see one person supporting more "sensible gun control" making even one suggestion as to what laws could be loosened. They just want to take-take-take, and that's hardly reasonable.

I also have yet to hear even one person here that wants more "sensible gun control" proving that more gun control laws work.

Remember the California example from earlier? Their strict gun laws didn't make the state the safest in the nation. In fact, half of the states in the nation are safer, and they ALL have weaker gun laws. "Well, they just get the guns from neighboring states with crappy gun laws". Yet those other states don't have crime rates any higher than California. When I ask them to explain why that is, they either ignore it or turn to insults.

Gun laws aren't the answer, otherwise California would be the safest state and Nevada/Arizona would be Murder Alley USA. That's why the pro-gun control people aren't making progress, they haven't demonstrated that it works.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:50 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times
Quote:
If more mental health issues were reported, gun background checks would become far more meaningful, but even without that I think gun checks to deter some people from buying guns who shouldn't have them, here's an example That kid has been committed to a mental hospital but was able to legally buy a gun from a cop in Starbucks. G
If you are commited you are a prohibited person. Prohibited persons cannot buy firearms legally. Please retract your statement.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Personally I don't understand why people need high cap magazines but it's way to late to even try to control their purchase or possession so I don't even mention it.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
We can't have a serious discussion because you are either unable or unwilling to engage in it and keep dodging direct questions. I repeat - look at FBI stats, look at my analysis, and tell me where you think I was wrong. Using hard facts and logic. If you can, that is.
I'm not dodging a darned thing, if I'm wrong, then show me that stats of how many children were killed in Detroit due to drive by shootings.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:53 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Quote:
If you are commited you are a prohibited person. Prohibited persons cannot buy firearms legally. Please retract your statement.
They WON'T! They know they lie, they will keep repeating the lies long after that lie has been exposed...the truth doesn't matter, stopping crime doesn't matter, the lives don't matter...the only thing that matters is taking your guns away!

Old 10-07-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Retract it? I lived in Nevada when that happened. The sale was legal because no background check is required for a transfer of a firearm from a non-dealer. The Cop was not a firearms dealer, ergo she could sell the gun to whoever she wanted. If you don't like it call the Reno paper and tell them to retract the story.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Retract it? I lived in Nevada when that happened. The sale was legal because no background check is required for a transfer of a firearm from a non-dealer. The Cop was not a firearms dealer, ergo she could sell the gun to whoever she wanted. If you don't like it call the Reno paper and tell them to retract the story.
Per your article.

"
A Washoe County District Court judge had ruled the man incompetent to care for himself, and granted his parents full guardianship in June 2012.
The ruling made it illegal for the man to have a gun, the Gazette-Journal said."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies