Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 08:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
What business is it of yours? I don't NEED more than 1 car either, but I enjoy cars, and I'll buy as many cars as I please. If you don't like it, too freaking bad. Do you have more than 1 TV? Why? You can't watch more than 1 TV at a time (Elvis Presley excluded). Get rid of your extra TV, you contributor to global warming, you.

You don't get to tell people what they can have or how they can live their life. I find it comical that typically the same people that champion "rights for all" are the first to try to take away the rights of others that they don't like. Smoking, guns, vehicles with low fuel mileage, etc.

Amen! It's nobody's business how many guns I own, or don't own. Nor am I interested in having my rights or the rights of other American citizens, because of the dregs in society that cause all of the problems, or some idiot carelessly shoots himself!

Old 10-08-2015, 08:26 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
(1) Mental health status exam when applying to purchase any gun …Who will be administering these exams?

(2) Minimum 90 day waiting period to take possession …You going to pay for storage?

(3) Another mental health status exam at time of transfer …who will be administering the exam? the only legal option is prohibition of the committed. This is where we already stand

(4) NO private unregulated transfer of possession of any guns, including within families, without the above processes …give up the NFA and give us national reciprocity and maybe we can compromise on this. Not however as current law stands in many states. Many firearms are not dealer transferable here in MA.

(5) Maximum of five shot capacity magazines in privately owned guns … so what do you do with the MILLIONS of current magazines? Confiscate them? Confiscate M1 garands? So you do want to take our guns?
(6) ALL guns kept unloaded in gun safe, trigger locked, with ammo stored separately under lock and key …
What good is a home defense gun with that many barriers to use? It is good sense to lock up firearms. Fortunately I keep my front door locked.
Those would be a start ...
lol

Old 10-08-2015, 08:27 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,331,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But mass murders by fire, stabbings and beatings increased a lot.
Cite your source for that claim. Ideally something more credible than Ammosexuals-unite.com.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:29 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
I'd go as far as saying impossible. Which is why I'm still wondering why I bothered with this thread at all. Gun debates are always such a colossal waste of time.
Haha, you didn't come here to debate.

Proof:
Quote:
Really, I don't post here to change the opinion of your common gun fanatic. I post here to let everyone who agrees with me know they're not alone.
Let's not pretend that you're open minded, mmkay?

Old 10-08-2015, 08:32 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,331,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Haha, you didn't come here to debate.

Proof:

Okay, and I'm going to stop pretending that I'm talking to adults. Neener Neener.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Exactly. This type of person will not stop until the 2nd amendment is repealed and guns are confiscated. Anything short of that and they're not happy. I apologize that people have rights and that the government must respect those rights.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:53 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
My son can walk and talk and read and is a normal kid because a Republican (the Governator!) expanded the budget on early intervention for developmentally delayed under-three and at the elementary level.
Schwarzenegger signed a bill written and passed by a Democratic state legislature and in 2009 he axed 50 million from the program...what a guy

Old 10-08-2015, 08:57 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Schwarzenegger signed a bill written and passed by a Democratic state legislature and in 2009 he axed 50 million from the program...what a guy
While I know nothing about this specific scenario I do know governors do not control the purse.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:07 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
This, my friend, is true. And the price you pay to live in a free society. Compare that to a place that is not free, where there is no gun violence, no freedom of speech, no right to own property.
And since "Gun laws don't work," then just abolish all gun laws …

And since a determined murderer will use a baseball bat or a knitting needle, there should be NO restrictions on any guns at all …

If a twelve year old wants to carry a MAC-10 to school in his backpack, why not … ???

Old 10-08-2015, 09:08 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
Quote:
And the "Nut" part grows more and more desperate, edging closer to insanity. Which is Reason #1 they want to make sure crazy people can still buy firearms. Most of them, underneath, really do know they're talking about themselves.
Sad … but true …

*shudder*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies