Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 03:37 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,947,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And surely none have ever done it in the Oval office either...
Are you speaking of a blue dress?

Old 10-08-2015, 03:38 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,042,058 times
And the circus show continues within the GOP.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:38 PM

29,594 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
There is a difference between constructive discussion, and closing your eyes while parroting (one or another sides) talking points every single day, day in and day out.

You my friend, do the later and it goes far beyond simple disagreements.

The sad thing is that most everyone realizes this... save one.

What you said in bold is absolutly true, but the problem with statements like that is that the parroting part is subject to the person uttering the phrase. There are many who see you as someone who simply parrots talking points.

As for you even bringing this subject matter up in the first place. Your response to my comment has to do with whether or not a republican is cheating on his wife, and the proof being based on a couple of websites most people have never heard of.

Do tell me what that has to do with parroting a party line ?

The fact that you even tried to make some kind of twisted party line argument on this subject makes it look like you are the one here just to argue

Old 10-08-2015, 03:40 PM

GOP should hold a special hearing for this fiasco.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:42 PM

29,594 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
See post #13 on that very issue.

Sadly the (D's) will not distance themselves from one of the most liberal, partisan and dishonest people in their own party.
You have every right to believe that of Pelosi, but it is just that, your opinion.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:42 PM

39,091 posts, read 51,283,353 times
The moderates could elect whomever they want with a little help from the Dems. Pelosi said no to that, but there are discussions about the "cost" going on behind the scenes. The moderates would have better outcomes dealing with conservative leaning Dems than the right fringe. This could all end in some bi-partisan appearance of harmony and some progress on important issues facing the US, though I think it is probably headed the other way.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:57 PM

30,280 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Every where on the internet, though I've known about this for quite a while Erick Erickson over at Red State dropped this today I believe, among others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You obviously care as you continued to respond.

as for you knowing about an affair that you cant even prove is happening, well, that speaks for itself.
Listen, I don't typically agree with a single thing dsjj says, but in this case, they are correct. If you make a claim, you need to provide a legitimate source for that claim. This is not a new and outlandish request, we do it all of the time with anyone making claims.

As for it "being all over the internet", no, it's not. It's on blogs, it's not on any news source that I could find.

So I agree with dsjj, can someone provide a valid, legitimate link to the claim that was made? Because this is all I could find for a reason:

McCarthy seen short of full majority in House speaker race | Reuters

Quote:
Some Freedom Caucus members said they would not support McCarthy, including Representative Tim Huelskamp of Kansas, who said he would likely vote for Webster.

"I don't think Kevin convinced anybody that he would be much different than John Boehner," Huelskamp said. "Right now it's just 'Trust me.'"

Old 10-08-2015, 03:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
IMO...principle should always come before party.

My views tend to lean (L) but so far I've resisted registering (L). I'm acquainted with John Buckley who ran for the Senate here in WV on the (L) ticket. I voted for him. John is a really good guy.

The problem.....long story...

We have a big to do here every year...Bridge Day. The bridge is closed for the day allowing people to jump off it. The authorities have long been jerks to many who show up as many aren't the banker types. This year they were going to require fingerprints from everyone. Never mind no one had done anything wrong. The BASE community is boycotting. Right now registered jumpers are at appx 25%/ the normal level.

The Libertarian party generally sets up a booth. I understand that this is their market. When I found out they were still going this year I complained (even though I understand as still being (I) I have no standing. I still said that this was the very sort of thing that the (L) party should stand with the people on.

I was told it was always a big event for the (L) party. Party over principle. I said this is why I've not switched.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:02 PM

If not super conservative enough the candidate won't get enough votes from the tea party side. If super conservative the candidate won't be voted in by the GOP establishment. Where do they go from here?

Old 10-08-2015, 04:05 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,377,034 times
I think what is going on within their own Party ( GOP) speaks volumes why BO couldn't work with them..First 2 years..He tried..even came to some agreement with Boehner..who later admitted..He couldn't sell it to his caucus (2010/11 Tea Pot folks come to Washington))..which ended up in downgrading of full faith and credit of the USA by April 2011.. From that point on those 30-40 Representative blocked everything..padded every bill with defund ACA language..kicked can down the road on pretty well everything...Governing Crisis to Crisis mentality all in the name of STOP Federal Government operations all together..

So many supporters of this type of governing as well, Dem's do it too...NOPE nothing on the scale like this!! Procedure is procedure..BUT to actually not even bother to take up mandatory legislations to operate..kick can to deal with Q 3-4 months..BUT bring up bills attaching stuff failed over 55 times is just stupid..Even McConnell gets it..and wants to move forward..But Cruz and his ilk highjack most bipartisan legislations..regardless...It's called STOP governing..then when all else fails..SHUT DOWN GOVERNMENT....Perfect reasoning for "Hate Government" folks!!

Maybe IF these Government hater groups would get booted out of GOP and form that 3rd party..would be better for GOP..as at least they can do something along with other sides support in vote counting...

Many Countries have multiple party systems..and coalitions get created surrounding certain issues..but at least legislature passes something?? Not this gridlock when NOTHING happens ( unless it's to name a Post Office after somebody..or a Road sign to commemorate someone)..ALL the rest is partisan bickering..kind of like dealing with kindergarteners in a playground!! SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies