Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 11:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
How much is big pharma paying you, and is it per word or per post?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-28-2015 at 12:03 PM..

Old 10-28-2015, 12:10 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Rand Paul speaking here in CO yesterday:

Quote:
“I want to give you an idea what it’s like in Washington,” Paul said about the state’s legalization of marijuana. “They are really, really worried about you. … And I kid you not, they think you are wielding axes and running naked through the streets. They think it’s utter mayhem out here.”

“I’m not here to advocate for marijuana,” Paul continued. “But I’m here to advocate for freedom. And you know what, if I’m president I’m going to leave Colorado the hell alone.”
Rand Paul talks marijuana, budget filibuster ahead of GOP debate

Old 10-28-2015, 12:11 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
some people are addicted to looking for every little bad study about pot they can scour from the internet.
just like the pharmaceuticals releasing only the bad studies never the good ones. imagine if big pharma could have patented the cannabis plant they would be pushing pot like there's no tomorrow..
You hit the nail right on the head!!!

Old 10-28-2015, 12:23 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Lots of people have gotten off toxic medications by substituting non-toxic cannabis. Pills kill over 1/4 million in US annually, cannabis 0. Cannabis in oil form can even make many cancers & other fatal illnesses go away. Rick Simpson in Canada saved over 5,000 lives giving people cannabis oil for their fatal illnesses. Did it for free, using up his $1.3 million life savings. US found out, told Canada they wanted a life sentence for drug dealing. He did it for free, saved over 5,000 lives! The crime of the century? Why does the US govt hate human life so much?

One of the reasons I decided to stop taking Oxycodone is because in my state medical marijuana will become legal in a couple of months. I was worried that sooner later I will be forced to stop taking them anyway and wanted to do it at my own pace.

I hope marijuana will help with some of the pain and mainly allow me to sleep. If not I may not have any choice and go back to taking the pain medication as I have suffered a great deal this past year. Suffering in constant pain is no way to live. I've also heard that medical marijuana allows those who take pain medication to stay at lower doses so maybe a combination of both would help me and others who suffer from chronic pain.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:02 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
if you going to take pot down-- take pills and alcohol with it!!
From my understanding, this thread is about marijuana. If you would like to start a thread about pills and alcohol, be my guest. I'll be more than happy to comment in it.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:10 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
From my understanding, this thread is about marijuana. If you would like to start a thread about pills and alcohol, be my guest. I'll be more than happy to comment in it.
tinytrump has a valid point. The hypocrisy of the anti-marijuana crowd when it comes to prescription medication and alcohol needs to be pointed out.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:24 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Any kind of use is abuse of a substance that alters the mind.

Stoners are too stupid to see that.
So people that drink COFFEE are abusers?
Along with those that smoke LEGAL cigarettes?
Drinkers of ANY product containing alcohol?
Some some, eating in itself alters their mind.

DAMN the list is endless.

Marijuana doesn't have the affect on a person the DARE/REEFER MADNESS propaganda tells you it has.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I suspect lots of new pot-users go into it with expectations that their new drug is not addictive and can do little if any harm.

YEAH, with just about anything.....with the good, also comes the bad.
Marijuana isn't "addictive" like other drugs, and with moderate use it is basically harmless.

WATER, an item required for life as we know it, can kill you if consumed in sufficient quantity.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Tell that to the stoner who thought he could fly. Splattered himself all over the ground.

Persons that smoke CLEAN marijuana do not think they can fly, that is more Reefer Madness propaganda.

Clean Marijuana would be the standard if legalized nationwide.

Marijuana users do NOT beat their spouses/partners/children, persons that drink alcohol DO, in the MILLIONS.

Since all persons that smoke Marijuana are "stoners" , then ALL persons that drink alcohol are Drunks?

For every person on the street you would call a "stoner" there are hundreds(thousands?) of persons that smoke marijuana and you would never know.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Tell that to the stoner who thought he could fly. Splattered himself all over the ground.
A few years ago a friend of mine was visiting and he decided to buy some marijuana, or mari-chu-huana as he calls it. He had not smoked in a long time. He smoked it in his hotel room, and 30 minutes later he found himself wondering around in streets of Miami Beach in his underwear. He did not know where he was, where he was going, or where he was coming from. Scary stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies