Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 09:53 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I think you need to go back and research, that is NOT the case in every state, some states DO jail those caught with Marijuana.

Do you guys call everyone that drinks alcohol a DRUNK or ALCOHOLIC too?

I can almost bet you guys have a beer or two with your steak on Saturday too.
Please provide evidence of your assertion.... state by state if you like.. easy to do.. run any dopester MJ site you like.. high times etc.. they will have the laws.. then run the UCR number for MJ arrests.. I know them.. it is obvious you havent taken the time to do any research on this... simple possession less than one ounce not for sale or transportation

And alcohol ....Not me my friend.. I dont drink and Im a vegan

Old 11-03-2015, 10:20 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times

About Marijuana

Quote:
Enforcing marijuana prohibition costs taxpayers an estimated $10 billion annually and results in the arrest of more than 693,000 individuals per year -- far more than the total number of arrestees for all violent crimes combined, including murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault.

Of those charged with marijuana violations, approximately 88 percent, about 609,000 Americans were charged with possession only.

Driven by the Drug War, the U.S. prison population is six to ten times as high as most Western European nations. The United States is a close second only to Russia in its rate of incarceration per 100,000 people. In 2013, more than 693,000 people were arrested in this country for marijuana-related offenses alone.

Marijuana prohibition causes more problems than it solves, and ruins thousands more lives than it supposedly tries to save.
Marijuana | Drug War Facts

Quote:
(Total Annual Arrests by Year and Category) Although the intent of a 'War on Drugs' may have been to target drug smugglers and 'King Pins,' according to the FBI's annual Uniform Crime Reports, of the 1,561,231 arrests for drug law violations in 2014, 83.1% (1,297,383) were for mere possession of a controlled substance. Only 16.9% (263,848) were for the sale or manufacturing of a drug. Further, the majority (44.9%) of drug arrests in 2014 were for marijuana -- a total of 700,992. Of those, an estimated 619,809 arrests (39.7% of all drug arrests) were for marijuana possession alone. By contrast in 2000, a total of 734,497 Americans were arrested for marijuana offenses, of which 646,042 (40.9%) were for possession alone.
This isn't rocket science, to deny that arrests don't happen is utter and complete nonsense.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:30 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Looks like the millionaires and billionaires are cramming pot down the throats of Ohioans. They invest heavily and expect many new customers.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:47 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
This isn't rocket science, to deny that arrests don't happen is utter and complete nonsense.
Its almost like notmeofficer is not a police officer and has no concept of how many US citizens have been arrested, and convicted of, pot related offenses.

....Or is it?

So some research shows that people ARE in fact in jail for pot, just that its not a massive number. In state prisons .3% of those in jail are there for first time offenders held ONLY for marijuana possession....So notmeofficer is wrong, but not by the numbers you indicate. That being said....

A conviction of any sort screws you for life. A year or two in jail isn't the worst thing about it, its the conviction and record that are. Sooo by the numbers that huge # indicated by a prior poster represents ruined lives. Whereas notmeofficer wants to argue about if they did any jail time....ignoring the reality that yes many do in fact do jail time for a first offense possession charge, but thats not the vital statistic.....its the one indicating arrests, and records for folks.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:23 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So some research shows that people ARE in fact in jail for pot, just that its not a massive number. In state prisons .3% of those in jail are there for first time offenders held ONLY for marijuana possession....So notmeofficer is wrong, but not by the numbers you indicate. That being said....
I don't think that is a complete picture. There are many people there who were growing their own. In many states, even one plant is considered illegal cultivation, and it's a felony. In Oklahoma, for example, the maximum sentence for illegal cultivation is life in prison.

How much the home growers who were prosecuted as drug dealers adds to that .3% stat you mentioned is unknown.

But even if you could add in those cases, that still isn't the complete picture.

I know of a case in Oklahoma where a guy lost his paid-for house because of one plant found growing in his back yard. Since the local arresting agency gets to keep a good chunk of the proceeds from forfeited property, they are like rabid dogs.

So for every case that someone is in jail for mj, I bet there are dozens, maybe even hundreds more that were harmed in some other way.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Delete

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-03-2015 at 01:58 PM..

Old 11-03-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

About Marijuana

Marijuana | Drug War Facts

Incarceration my friend... A ticket is considered an arrest when in reality its nothing more than a promise to appear...
Sure..tickets get written for marijuana. Those people don't go to jail

See?

Do zero people go to jail for marijuana?... I mean real jail.. In custody jail... Minimal... Sure.. If youre a true Adam Henry and the only arrestable offense you have committed is possession.. And you have no id.. Or you demand to see a judge.. Or you refuse to sign.. Yes.. You'll get arrested.. And then get a book and release once printed and identified...
People don't go to jail for possession anymore... We can't book most felonies because of overcrowding.. To bring a pothead in for possession would have you standing in front of a watch commander asking you why.. And then directing you to release them...
So.. Continue to post bunk

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...ction-19691231

On top of this miniscule number is the fact that those in prison for marijuana in a large amount of cases already plea bargained down from a more serious marijuana crime

That's how it works... Those that work in the system understand nobody goes to jail for a joint... I wish

Toker jokers are paranoid thinking we are waiting in the trees for them... Propagated by doper websites and paranoia created by drug use in general.
Many people from my experience know drug use is intrinsically wrong... But drugs short circuit their control mechanisms.. Which is why a number of potheads seek consistently "better" highs through more refined and more concentrated product...

This will change as more drug using parents introduce their children to drug use or take a blind eye to its abuse... In my county many parents use their children...read slaves.. To trim for them .. We know that by talking to youth in schools.
Good week.. Large operation taken down.. Gallons of honey oil .. 100 pounds processed high quality bud.. And a commercial honey oil equipment lab... The two owners ..a husband wife team.. Brought in five juvies from Nevada to trim and process... They used out of state juvies with no contact to the community thinking the news of the operation wouldnt get out
Laughable... Drugsters not talking about drugs ...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-03-2015 at 02:17 PM..

Old 11-03-2015, 02:03 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
Drug legalization....

Can you honestly say drugs were so hard to get if you wanted pot.
Now they are legal (in some states), those who did it illegal are just doing it legally.

Individuals make their choices, government doesnt need to tell me what is bad or good when it comes to personal choices.

Do something bad against others that is still a crime and will continue to be.

That is the difference between personal liberty and the liberty of individuals vs other individuals.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:39 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Drug legalization....

Can you honestly say drugs were so hard to get if you wanted pot.
Now they are legal (in some states), those who did it illegal are just doing it legally.

Individuals make their choices, government doesnt need to tell me what is bad or good when it comes to personal choices.

Do something bad against others that is still a crime and will continue to be.

That is the difference between personal liberty and the liberty of individuals vs other individuals.

This bears repeating!

Old 11-03-2015, 06:30 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looks like the millionaires and billionaires are cramming pot down the throats of Ohioans. They invest heavily and expect many new customers.

big phama, Dupont and big booze lobbyist funded propaganda films like reefer madness in the 30s 40s 50s 60s, I guess its time for pay back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies