Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 05:07 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I think this movement has nothing to do with rape or incest....my opinion. Most women have a choice to be responsible.

As do most men... ( not engaging in unprotected sex). It takes two to tango!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 05:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No it is not, being willing to talk about this isn't something to be ashamed of.
It would be one thing she spoke about how much easier her life would've been as a teen had she not had a child (yes, including by having an abortion). But she specifically expressed her animosity towards/dislike of her son. That's atrocious.

Also, she pretends like she had no say in getting pregnant. We both know that wasn't the case.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:55 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,872,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Abortion is understandable in cases of rape and when the pregnancy poses a risk to the mothers life but other than that abortion is selfish. The woman and the man chose to have sex which resulted in the pregnancy. If people don't want to become parents so bad then they should refrain from sex or pay for their own contraceptive devices.
That doesn't make sense to oppose abortion in the case of rape if you think that a fetus has the same rights as a full person. Medical reasons are acceptable, but if you say that rape is a valid reason for an abortion then you are saying that having a horrible person as a father is a valid reason to die.

I am very pro-choice, but I understand where the majority of pro-lifers are coming from. I don't think the majority of them "hate women" (especially considering that women are just as divided as men on the issue) nor do they necessarily want to control another person's body, but if you believe that a fetus is equal to regular person, then abortion should only be allowed under very limited circumstances and not be dependent on what was the means of conception.

Otherwise, if you are willing to make an exemption for rape, then you have to at least be willing to consider other exemptions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Either way, most females are hated by the GOP.
I am no fan of the GOP. Other than the two Pauls, I despise the vast majority of the mainstream GOP. And the Pauls are only mainstream because they are so well known.

But that is bulls--t. Especially when you consider some of the fine Democrats who have had such respect for women like Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, and Gary Condit.

Sure one might grope you, another might leave you in a car to die, and the other one will f--king murder you, but abortions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Any country that accepts abortion, is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what it wants."

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."
Mother Teresa
In all fairness, Mother Theresa also spent money that was intended for hospices on nunneries and missionary work. She also said that the suffering of the poor is purifying. I'm not sure she is the best person to quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yes, women need to make sure they have access to safe abortions. Why should they be shamed. This is a direct reaction to the right wingers in government trying eliminate access by cutting funding.

Don't like it, don't have one. If you are a man - respect your women and let them decide what they feel is best for their body.
I don't see why Planned Parenthood needs government funding.

Abortions costs between $500-$750 (or $550 for when none-of-your-business). There are about a million abortions a year. Pro-choice people can easily set up a charity or charities that could fund every abortion in the US.

Hell, I'd chip in.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It would be one thing she spoke about how much easier her life would've been as a teen had she not had a child (yes, including by having an abortion). But she specifically expressed her animosity towards/dislike of her son. That's atrocious.

Also, she pretends like she had no say in getting pregnant. We both know that wasn't the case.
Actually neither of us was there so neither of us know if that wasn't the case.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:36 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Err, I paid for an abortion once. Does that count?
Well, are you shouting it in the streets? I think you have to be proud that you did that for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Abortion is understandable in cases of rape and when the pregnancy poses a risk to the mothers life but other than that abortion is selfish. The woman and the man chose to have sex which resulted in the pregnancy. If people don't want to become parents so bad then they should refrain from sex or pay for their own contraceptive devices.
You know what I don't get. There are SO many options in birth control and all said to be more effective than what are grandparents used yet there are all of these "unplanned" pregnancies. The birth control used by our grandparents is available without a prescription. If they don't have enough money to afford it, they really need to concentrate on working and not having sex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The fetus is either life worth protecting or the fetus is something that can be disposed of for any reason no matter the act behind the creation. Otherwise you are just being a control freak and picking and choosing what someone does with "their body".
Fetus: The unborn young of a mammal. If you can't call it what it is a "baby" then you aren't living in the reality of what is being done. Abortion stops a beating heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
As they should. You can get pregnant the first time you have sex. This hardly qualifies as a "****" or "*****."

Nor should it be shamed and have to be kept secret.

What about "his potential life?" It certainly does not supersede "her own actual life."

A live baby should not be used as a "punishment" for having sex. That is a sure way to raise a very angry person, not a healthy one.

Sometimes, i don't know if people who think unfit parents should be having babies *just because* they got pregnant have really never met any bad parents, just don't understand the impact that bad parents have on children who inevitably grow up to be maladjusted adults.

And the hate rages on for such adults who lived in poverty, were beaten and/or sexually abused.

It's the GOP CIRCLE OF HATE. Most have 2 potential tracks:

1. Females who abort----->

VS

2. Females who do not abort yet need government funded food and income assistance------> Kids who *should have been aborted* who due to early abuse and neglect, grow up to kill themselves, kill others and/or be on public assistance--------> Females of this lot who do not abort yet need government funded food and income assistance----> Kids who should have been aborted.... -----> (Return to top. Repeat Cycle.)

Either way, most females are hated by the GOP.
Females are not hated by the GOP. Abortion stops a beating heart, it ends the life of a human being. Adoption is an option for those that have a conscience, those that believe in God know the value of life, everyone else, it won't matter in the end. I often look at these women who protest and can't imagine they would ever have been pregnant. Probably they weren't and are just making trouble. I guess if babies must be killed, it is better that mothers who couldn't love their babies enough to allow them to live are the ones doing it since we don't need anymore people in the world filled with such hatred and selfishness. I guess like begets like and in this case, we end that cycle. Imagine your mother telling you they aborted some of your siblings and then went around carrying a sign that they were proud of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
"Shout your abortion" How stupid but who is actually surprised by this? It is the way this country is going.. down the drain of social decline.

Abortion is a deeply personal matter between the man and woman who are in that situation where hey have an unwanted pregnancy. More times than not the father is not around so it is up to the woman to make the decision on her own.

Abortion is every woman's right and it should not be taken away from her BUT to Shout about it?? HEY LOOK AT ME I KILLED A BABY !! That is just stupid.

How many couples who can't have a baby of their own are saddened by some loud mouthed jerk screaming she killed hers?

I don't know who or what to blame but our society is losing all tact, morality, empathy and respect for each other.
What people take pride in today just blows my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not all #shoutyourabortion stories are about irresponsibility. many are women who have been raped, abused or had a pregnancy with fetal abnormalities. the idea behind it is to take the stigma away.
Very, very tiny percentage. You can look up the stats. Fetal abnormalities? Tell me you aren't talking about my son with Down syndrome because he certainly deserved to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Celebrating abortion is a sick idea. It is not a happy choice. It is not a joyful decision. ever.
Apparently many of the women that have them think they are. They are trying to make it seem like a good thing because I am sure they are haunted by what that child whose life they ended could have been. Maybe taking pride in putting themselves above the life of their baby............I have no idea. Personally, I think they are pure evil.

Quote:
the movement was in response to the gop wanting to defund PP. there are women telling their stories of rape, incest and abortion, women telling stories of late term abortions where their pregnancies were necessary due to their health or heir baby has serious abnormalities. as are there women telling their story of being a young high school or college girl and getting pregnant who abort. either way it is legal and women should not be ashamed to talk about abortion. women do have a choice about being responsible, abortion is taking responsibility.
Look up the stats and you'll find out who is having abortions and maybe the one you listed are 1% of the total abortions. Down syndrome is not a reason to kill your baby. Our son has Down syndrome.

Quote:
I don't think the women who aborted due to fetal abnormalities, rape or incest are "celebrating" the abortion, just talking about it.
To relieve their conscience. Isn't that why it is being done. Also, again probably 1% of the abortions are for those reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Yep every abortion is due to abnormalities,rape or incest.I don't believe you.
It's the standard line and very untrue when you look at the stats.

Quote:
Do you think there is a reason for women to be willing to talk about abortion in order to help educate others?
About ending the life of their babies. It would educate them IF they were teaching about the after effect of killing your baby. Looking around at other children that would have been the same age as the baby whose life you ended, having to tell the siblings that you killed their brothers and sisters because you weren't ready to parent, is that what you mean because that might have some value. I knew one person that had one abortion and she was just sick over doing it, sick forever and didn't tell me until we have been friends for 2 years. She was emotional and not celebrating her decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yes, women need to make sure they have access to safe abortions. Why should they be shamed. This is a direct reaction to the right wingers in government trying eliminate access by cutting funding.

Don't like it, don't have one. If you are a man - respect your women and let them decide what they feel is best for their body.
Without faith in God and no respect for life, a woman shouldn't be ashamed that they took the life of their own child. That is what makes the difference, why some cannot understand how a woman could kill her own baby.

Someone wondered if one of the posters was a Christian. Interesting since this all about not being Christian when the life of any other human is considered nothing but an "inconvenience" and when someone makes the decision when another individual, an innocent individual should have their life terminated.

Celebrating and being proud of getting an abortion is sick beyond words.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:46 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Actually neither of us was there so neither of us know if that wasn't the case.
If she were raped, I think she'd have mentioned it. Regardless, I find it quite telling that you failed to address the rest of my post.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:59 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Without faith in God and no respect for life, a woman shouldn't be ashamed that they took the life of their own child. That is what makes the difference, why some cannot understand how a woman could kill her own baby.

Someone wondered if one of the posters was a Christian. Interesting since this all about not being Christian when the life of any other human is considered nothing but an "inconvenience" and when someone makes the decision when another individual, an innocent individual should have their life terminated.

Belief in God is also a personal choice. I may not believe in "God" like you do but I respect your belief. We do not need religion to keep us from being savages. Regardless, religion has no place in this discussion. We are a secular society and I like it that way as do millions of other Americans.

It's not a choice of being ashamed or celebrating. It is only about not being ashamed. Some people in your position would have terminated and they do. You chose to carry and have a special needs child. Good for you. I'm sure it is difficult but also a great joy. The optimal word here is choice. I would not support the auto abortion of all pregnancies that will birth intellectually or physically disabled babies. OK? You chose to carry and others choose to abort. Maybe you have the capital and time but not all do. Anyway, I only ask that you respect my opinions like I respect yours. Peace.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
If she were raped, I think she'd have mentioned it. Regardless, I find it quite telling that you failed to address the rest of my post.
There was nothing else in your post worth addressing.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:03 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Only to the heartless.
bs. what some woman you don't know, that lives thousands of miles away from you, that you will never meet or know does with her body.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:24 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, are you shouting it in the streets? I think you have to be proud that you did that for whatever reason.

You know what I don't get. There are SO many options in birth control and all said to be more effective than what are grandparents used yet there are all of these "unplanned" pregnancies. The birth control used by our grandparents is available without a prescription. If they don't have enough money to afford it, they really need to concentrate on working and not having sex!

Fetus: The unborn young of a mammal. If you can't call it what it is a "baby" then you aren't living in the reality of what is being done. Abortion stops a beating heart.

Females are not hated by the GOP. Abortion stops a beating heart, it ends the life of a human being. Adoption is an option for those that have a conscience, those that believe in God know the value of life, everyone else, it won't matter in the end. I often look at these women who protest and can't imagine they would ever have been pregnant. Probably they weren't and are just making trouble. I guess if babies must be killed, it is better that mothers who couldn't love their babies enough to allow them to live are the ones doing it since we don't need anymore people in the world filled with such hatred and selfishness. I guess like begets like and in this case, we end that cycle. Imagine your mother telling you they aborted some of your siblings and then went around carrying a sign that they were proud of it.

What people take pride in today just blows my mind!

Very, very tiny percentage. You can look up the stats. Fetal abnormalities? Tell me you aren't talking about my son with Down syndrome because he certainly deserved to live.

Apparently many of the women that have them think they are. They are trying to make it seem like a good thing because I am sure they are haunted by what that child whose life they ended could have been. Maybe taking pride in putting themselves above the life of their baby............I have no idea. Personally, I think they are pure evil.

Look up the stats and you'll find out who is having abortions and maybe the one you listed are 1% of the total abortions. Down syndrome is not a reason to kill your baby. Our son has Down syndrome.

To relieve their conscience. Isn't that why it is being done. Also, again probably 1% of the abortions are for those reasons.

It's the standard line and very untrue when you look at the stats.

About ending the life of their babies. It would educate them IF they were teaching about the after effect of killing your baby. Looking around at other children that would have been the same age as the baby whose life you ended, having to tell the siblings that you killed their brothers and sisters because you weren't ready to parent, is that what you mean because that might have some value. I knew one person that had one abortion and she was just sick over doing it, sick forever and didn't tell me until we have been friends for 2 years. She was emotional and not celebrating her decision.

not all of this was addressed to me however this thread is about #shoutyourabortion. it is not just postings about abortions done by young girls who just didn't want to be pregnant. there are posts from women who have been raped and or sexually abused through insect. it is no one's business but theirs if they feel they do not want to take that pregnancy to term. I will not second guess them and what ever choice they make, be it birth, adoption and r abortion I will support them.

there are also post about women who have endured abortions on a much wanted pregnancy due to fetal abnormalities. could care less if it is only 1% of abortions it still happens and it doesn't seem so rare when it is your child. what abnormalities you ask? not my business, again I support the woman no matter what her personal choice may be.

you think women who stand up for pro choice are "just causing trouble" no woman in America should be forced to take a pregnancy to term, let alone labor, deliver and either raise or give up a child against her will.

abortion crosses all boundaries, many women including "good Christians who believe in god" have abortions. for you to judge them as evil, filled with hate, selfish is not very Christian like. having faith in god and being a Christian does not exclude a woman from having an abortion.

most women that have abortions do not regret it, it was the right choice for them. even if they have other children or go on to have more children. most abortion happens at 6 to 10 weeks.

sex is about expressing love, lust and lots of other emotions, it is not purely to make babies. saying yes to se is not saying yes to pregnancy. a married women using birth control should not have to give up sex on the off chance her BC fails, if she finds herself pregnant it is her choice to decide if she can afford or wants more children. she is free to control her reproduction how she wants. no woman should have to go through a pregnancy then give her child up for adoption if it isn't her choice she is not a breeding cow for people who can not have children themselves.

don't want an abortion. don't have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies