Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 06:30 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,737,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Exactly.

And there you go, proving nononsenseguys point. GOP majority in the House, Senate, most governors offices (nearly 2:1), most state House and Senates and they still think the country is becoming more liberal. Just shows you how out of touch some people are and how little they really understand about conservatives. Guess what, MSNBC and Huffington aren't reliable sources.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...o-state-level/

Looks real liberal...not.
Acres don't vote.

Here's another map, which gives a bit different perspective -

Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » Mapping the United States, Politically Speaking

Not pastable, or I would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 06:32 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
The economy has been obliterated under democrat control. As it is layoffs and closings are massive, but the left wing media doesn't cover that. The Democrats screw up things so bad it ends up collapsing on the opposite party that takes over. *cough* glass staegall act repealed under clinton
But I thought Republicans controlled the economy during the Clinton years? That's what the right-winger heaping praise on Newt Gingrich said.

Now it's Clinton's economy, and it's all his fault? Can y'all pick a lane, please.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:36 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
The labor participation rate is going to return to the pre-baby boomer level of roughly 58-60%, the influence of the boomers on every aspect of the economy and society is still being felt. As the boomers kids are getting beyond the age to have children, we are seeing the birth rate in the US drop below 2, meaning the US population is goig to start to age and decline, just like in Europe and Japan.
Labor Force Participation Rate September 2014 - Business Insider
Are you sure you mean "Baby Boomers" instead of "Gen X"? The younger BB's will be 51 in 2015 and the oldest ones who are pushing 70 are already dropping OUT of the workforce by the millions.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:39 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
But I thought Republicans controlled the economy during the Clinton years? That's what the right-winger heaping praise on Newt Gingrich said.

Now it's Clinton's economy, and it's all his fault? Can y'all pick a lane, please.
Yes, Newt's contract with America had dividends that paid off in the short term for America. But the repeal of Glass-Steagall had long term ramifications and the guy who signed that was in fact, Bill Clinton. I would hope you could understand the difference and some basic economic principles too. These are the kinds of things that make the left look even more ridiculous.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Acres don't vote.

Here's another map, which gives a bit different perspective -

Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » Mapping the United States, Politically Speaking

Not pastable, or I would have.
I think this is an important point. There may be many more acres that are red but those areas are not heavily populated. One city in my region (not the largest) has more people than North Dakota. I drove on route 80 from NY to CA and the middle is empty! Lots of natural beauty but not many people. I believe the populations are down to pre-European migration levels.

I'm not sure if the OP is talking about the US or Europe. Regardless, the far right is dying. Not much else to say. Cheers.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:47 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Yes, Newt's contract with America had dividends that paid off in the short term for America. But the repeal of Glass-Steagall had long term ramifications and the guy who signed that was in fact, Bill Clinton. I would hope you could understand the difference and some basic economic principles too. These are the kinds of things that make the left look even more ridiculous.
You do realize that the vote numbers made the bill veto-proof, right?

Old 11-08-2015, 06:49 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
You do realize that the vote numbers made the bill veto-proof, right?
And that made the economic impact lessen how?

Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
And that made the economic impact lessen how?
When 3 republicans write a veto-proof bill, it means that it was a veto-proof bill written by three republicans.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:13 PM

19,017 posts, read 14,191,607 times
Partisan Politics is a smokescreen for Theft by Government
- - -
Regardless of which “wing” you flap, if your ideology about government boils down to “taking” from one to “give” to another, you’ve embraced theft by government.

If we accept that people are endowed with rights and liberties, which governments are instituted to secure, then no government can take those rights and liberties, except in pursuit of justice on behalf of an injured party.

Anything more requires consent of the governed.

Thus we enter into the realm of the indirect democracies and their system of representation. Of course, in countries where the people are subjects of their respective sovereign governments, there are no endowed rights to life, liberty, etc. In countries where the people are sovereign over the servant government, explicit consent is necessary, regardless of the majority in power.

To illustrate:
NATURAL RIGHTS - ... are the rights of life, liberty, privacy, and good reputation.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Ed., p. 1324

" PERSONAL LIBERTY, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or NATURAL Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987
The rights and liberties proclaimed in America’s Declaration of Independence (1776) are NOT derived from nor subject to the U.S. Constitution (1787), nor can be submitted to a vote nor depend on an election. Only by consent of the governed, can those endowed rights and liberties be surrendered to the STATE.

Unfortunately, most Americans are unaware of how and when they consented to the surrender of their endowed rights, and do not realize that they no longer have them. But if there is a partisan struggle going on, it is prima facie evidence that endowed rights and liberties are NOT the subject or object of the struggle.

This is due to the republican form of government, where the people are sovereigns, not subjects, of the government instituted to secure rights.

I cannot presume to speak for Europeans and their subjugation to their respective governments.
Is there a remedy where the people can triumph over the all powerful State?
- - -
Yes. Revolution.
“... at the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people, and they are truly the sovereigns of the country, but they are SOVEREIGNS WITHOUT SUBJECTS, and have none to govern but themselves.

“... In Europe, the sovereignty is generally ascribed to the Prince; here, it rests with the people; there, the sovereign actually administers the government; here, never in a single instance; our Governors are the agents of the people, and, at most, stand in the same relation to their sovereign in which regents in Europe stand to their sovereigns."
- - - Justice John Jay in Chisholm v. Georgia (2 U.S. 419 (1793))
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremec...CR_0002_0419_Z

Justice John Jay says government is an agent for the sovereign people, not sovereign over them. They govern themselves (unless they consent otherwise).

= = =
"What I do say is that no man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent. I say this is the leading principle, the sheet-anchor of American republicanism. Our Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."
- - - Abraham Lincoln, Speech at Peoria, Illinois (1854)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Abraham_lincoln

Absent consent, all government is authorized to do is SECURE rights - endowed (sacred) rights to life, liberty, absolute ownership, and so on and so forth.

If the "Far Right" embrace individual sovereignty, that basically eradicates partisanship.
I can't think of any way partisanship can enter into the equation of justice.
How do you prosecute and punish theft, assault, mayhem, and murder in a partisan manner?
Either government is tolerant of predators or intolerant of predators.

I think most folks would agree to a system of government that proclaims, "What is yours, is yours, not ours to take and dispense."

Old 11-08-2015, 08:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,946,114 times
Getting back to the original topic...

Where's Hitler when you need him?

He nearly had the muslim menace whipped, and then we had to go upset the apple cart.

So this is all America's fault.

Like everything else...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies