Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 07:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
k-12 is paid for by the tax payer. this is because they are considered children. if they want their college tuition subsidized, then they are still "identifying" as children, and college children should forfeit their "right to vote."
Was Wall Street children or did they just act like them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Amazing isn't it, the stupidity lol. My governor (D) is claiming he needs to raise taxes for the schools. Democrats always trying to have it both ways.
People are getting upset at me for pointing out that applies to most in both parties. Free money to Wall Street = good. Free money for an education = bad.

Granted, many that would understand that point refused to condemn the free money for Wall Street when it was their guy overseeing the Fed giving it away.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:28 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People are getting upset at me for pointing out that applies to most in both parties. Free money to Wall Street = good. Free money for an education = bad.

Granted, many that would understand that point refused to condemn the free money for Wall Street when it was their guy overseeing the Fed giving it away.
I think you are misinformed, people on the right are just as mad about the Wall Street bail out but did you notice not one went to jail. I agree with the Wall Street issue, it's just government taking from the people to give to their buddies and Democrats are no different only their supporters are blind to it.

But did you notice that when lefties attack wall street issues it's the every day hard working American people who are successful who are punished, not the uber rich. First, our educational system needs to teach the basics, the difference between the uber rich and middle class.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:29 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,139 times
Quote:
Was Wall Street children or did they just act like them?
isn't wall street a geographic location?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:30 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times
If education at the college level was free then license engineer would be working at minimun wage, everybody would be in classes so the demand of engineere be low, flood the market prices go down, so high tuition keep just anybody from becoming engineers

Old 11-15-2015, 07:31 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
K-12 is FREE TUITION. So yes, there is such thing as free tuition.

Also, Oregon has already taken the first steps towards providing free college. Let me know when the rest of America plans on following our lead.
Is that the 'Pay It Forward' program that your legislators have been mucking around with for 3 years and still haven't implemented and can't figure out how to pay for ? Besides, the program calls for repayment of some costs when graduates actually get jobs, which even if they get jobs, will be 'forgiven' by future legislatures.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I think you are misinformed, people on the right are just as mad about the Wall Street bail out but did you notice not one went to jail. I agree with the Wall Street issue, it's just government taking from the people to give to their buddies and Democrats are no different only their supporters are blind to it.
It's not blind. It's political. Politics trumps their principles.

Quote:
But did you notice that when lefties attack wall street issues it's the every day hard working American people who are successful who are punished, not the uber rich. First, our educational system needs to teach the basics, the difference between the uber rich and middle class.
I don't see Sander's program as being that way. A tax on trades isn't going to affect the working class much. They aren't constantly trading.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
isn't wall street a geographic location?
Rather than answer I would prefer to just let you continue to talk.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
If education at the college level was free then license engineer would be working at minimun wage, everybody would be in classes so the demand of engineere be low, flood the market prices go down, so high tuition keep just anybody from becoming engineers
Do engineers in Germany make minimum wage?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:38 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,139 times
Quote:
Rather than answer I would prefer to just let you continue to talk.
I'm sorry. I don't speak slogan. are you referring to bank bailouts? if you are, why don't you say so? banks should not have received a bailout. see, I was able to answer a question that you were unable to ask. that's how brilliant I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies