Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 09:52 PM

8 posts, read 6,548 times

Advertisements

You can trace a number of events in straight lines back to this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 10:02 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times
People simply don't care anymore. They just want to get high.
Full stop.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:10 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
That reminds me of everyone walking around after 9/11 asking, "why do they hate us?"

Anyway, when did it all start? Cain and Able if you are into the whole biblical thing, and even if you aren't I think you get where I'm going. Man has been committing these sorts of atrocities since the dawn of humankind. The fact that for 75 years or so Americans have enjoyed a certain historical amnesia made possible by ignorance of the world around us which for the most part remains invisible from our day to day view.
Except for now. Now citizens don't have to worry about the need for defensive tools, or to be vigilant about what used to be the human potential nature of power grabs and violence, organized or otherwise. Education against "conspiracy theory" teaches that's all safely in the past because the technological future has finally arrived. Science wins, Wino.

Last edited by mm4; 11-13-2015 at 10:19 PM..

Old 11-13-2015, 11:15 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
What we are seeing in the Middle East today is nearly 100% caused by the outcome of WW1. The Turks were stripped of their empire and the entire region was carved up by the western allies for the purpose of COLONIALISM. The USA at the time was very opposed to the idea and the implementation of it pretty much killed President Wilson. The countries were formed willy nilly with little regard to ethnicities, traditional borders, customs , etc. The USA jumped into the colonial business in a very big way post WW2. They pretty much supplanted the European colonisers. Well the USA has made a real hash of the region since then. They have picked the wrong people to ally with and to support over and over again. The entire root of this problem was created by the Saudis and their extreme version of Islam. Of course they have been and still are completely supported by Uncle Sam. The last month has been kinda exciting for me seeing the massive shift in Global power away from the USA and toward Russia and her allies. Russia becomes involved in a big way in the region, supports Iran and the Shia cause and nary a peep out of Washington. Between them the Iranians and the Russians could very well succeed where the USA, Nato and their allies have failed TOTALLY. This entire scenario should wake Americans up to the fact their leaders have badly failed the country with their truly brain-dead foreign policies. It's a new day when the Russians can just walk in to a region, start flexing their muscles and face nothing from the USA. I really think it's an indication that the American leaders are at the end of their rope with the fallout from 50 years of disastrous foreign entanglements and are beginning to back away. All colonial empires crash when the cost of maintaining exceeds the benefits and that is now clearly the case.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What we are seeing in the Middle East today is nearly 100% caused by the outcome of WW1. The Turks were stripped of their empire and the entire region was carved up by the western allies for the purpose of COLONIALISM. The USA at the time was very opposed to the idea and the implementation of it pretty much killed President Wilson. The countries were formed willy nilly with little regard to ethnicities, traditional borders, customs , etc. The USA jumped into the colonial business in a very big way post WW2. They pretty much supplanted the European colonisers. Well the USA has made a real hash of the region since then. They have picked the wrong people to ally with and to support over and over again. The entire root of this problem was created by the Saudis and their extreme version of Islam. Of course they have been and still are completely supported by Uncle Sam. The last month has been kinda exciting for me seeing the massive shift in Global power away from the USA and toward Russia and her allies. Russia becomes involved in a big way in the region, supports Iran and the Shia cause and nary a peep out of Washington. Between them the Iranians and the Russians could very well succeed where the USA, Nato and their allies have failed TOTALLY. This entire scenario should wake Americans up to the fact their leaders have badly failed the country with their truly brain-dead foreign policies. It's a new day when the Russians can just walk in to a region, start flexing their muscles and face nothing from the USA. I really think it's an indication that the American leaders are at the end of their rope with the fallout from 50 years of disastrous foreign entanglements and are beginning to back away. All colonial empires crash when the cost of maintaining exceeds the benefits and that is now clearly the case.
That's also what the progressives have been doing to the US the past 50-60 years with multiculturalism. We are being forced to be colonized by all the worlds divergent cultures.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:56 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The events in Paris this evening serve to alert the rest of the world, we live in extremely dangerous times.
I find myself asking when did all this start?
What was the catalyst for eventual world wide chaos?
As best I can see, it started with the 1960's, at least for America.
Perhaps those in other countries took a page from that dreadful decade in America to further their own warped causes.

I reflect back to when I was growing up in the 50's here in America, and as a teen, and young adult, my biggest concern was that I would have enough money to go out on a date, and be able to drive a flashy car.
World concerns were the farthest thing from young adult minds back then.
Then came the 60's and everything turned upside down.

The war in Vietnam changed the entire way people felt about their government, and people publicly protested government, and military actions, that they felt were wrong.
Suddenly a consciousness that never existed before, reared it's head.
Street demonstrations were a common thing.
The feeling of the populous had completely changed to the point, the government became the enemy.
Respect for, and outright distrust of the government were at a new high.

Now, those young people of the 60's are parents, and grand parents of the youth of today, and the distrust of authority is prevalent in this new generation, as a carryover from their parents.
The youth of today have not learned what it is to be responsible, because their parents never took the time to educate their offspring.

The raising of family somehow instilled a sense that all is well, as long as you do whatever it is you want, without fear of authority.
Young people have grown up to believe authority is the enemy, and should not be listened to, or respected.
This trend has now evolved world wide, and I believe it got it's start right here in America.
It has spread like wild fire, and like a run away locomotive, it can't be stopped.
Different ideologies around the world are flexing their muscles trying to indoctrinate the rest of the world to their way of thinking.

Authority is gone, and in it's place is a misguided quest for all out supremacy.
Looking back, we as a society did it to ourselves, and there is no turning back.
When one stops and thinks about it, all of this stated with just one word, one idea.
Somewhere ,sometime, one individual said, "this is wrong", and started a revolution that spread worldwide.

Strong union among the populace for a better way, is sadly lacking.
We are now at a point where human life has very little value, as witness by the horrific events in Paris this evening, the events of 911 here in America, and the countless numbers of beheadings carried on by terrorist groups in the name of religion.
I know how all this may have started as I explained at the beginning, what I don't understand is how, and why we as a civilized people, allowed it to get to this point.

We are most assuredly at a point of no return, and the only options available to us now, are to be prepared for the unexpected.
It is a dammed shame that now we have to be asked to be extremely vigilant in our daily lives.

"If you see something, say something", that is the slogan we must live by today, and that is just incredibly disheartening.
The holiday season is upon us, and million of people will crowd the shopping malls throughout the country.
How sad it is that we need to be ever vigilant of the dangers facing large groups of people at any given time.
It wasn't always this way, but I guess we need to chalk it up to the times we live in, for it will never change, only get worse.

Bob.

It started with Great Britain

Lost Islamic History | How the British Divided Up the Arab World

Old 11-14-2015, 02:32 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
It started when man first walked upright.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:51 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
It's funny you mention this because I was just thinking about how the ME people are all different depending on which culture they grew up with. For instance, all the people I know from Iran are quite gentle, artistic-type people (though they drive hard bargains). They can be quite generous. The Saudis tend to be more arrogant. The people I know from Lebanon tend to be more like the Persians.

There are a lot of people here on CD who apparently don't know any/many Muslims so they paint them all with a very broad brush.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:12 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The Western world has always been at war with the Islamic world, till Western world sped ahead in technology and the Islamic world could no longer fight them.

The Muslim population after World War II was very small, but with the Arabs striking oil, it funded their boom and with that they could restart their jihad against the West once again.
Let me help you with that..... The west INVADED the Islamic world for empire ... That's what kicked off the mistrust.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:15 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's also what the progressives have been doing to the US the past 50-60 years with multiculturalism. We are being forced to be colonized by all the worlds divergent cultures.
Who is "we"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies