Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 04:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Yet his executive order was ruled constitutional and FDR was held as a hero.
That doesn't change my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Syrian refugees are now Americans? Did I miss one of King Obama's Executive Decrees?
You realize there are Americans that are Muslim, right? This isn't just about Syrian refugees. Though I am sure you are consumed with fear mongering, so you can't see past that, so no, President Obama did not use an executive order to declare Syrian refugees as Americans. Also, if Obama was king, we wouldn't be having an election in 2016.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:52 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That doesn't change my opinion.
Sure, but that's your fascist Democrat party from not-so-distant past.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Admit it, you two would go along with mass deportation of Muslims if King Obama agreed to do the same to conservatives, who you hate more than terrorists.
Please. I'm smart enough to know better. I know what that leads to.

Not only would I not sit idly by and watch Conservative Americans be deported, but I'm not gonna sit down while Muslims are being deported either.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Sure, but that's your fascist Democrat party from not-so-distant past.
And if Obama did the same thing, my opinion would still be the same. I see you are one who supports such fascism.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:01 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times
Quote:
And if Obama did the same thing, my opinion would still be the same. I see you are one who supports such fascism.
No, I actually do not support rounding up citizens.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:01 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
How do you deport these millions of people without causing even more tension and violence? Do you think all these Muslims - many of whom are native born US citizens - will just peacefully agree to be deported? This creates a huge slippery slope.
Once they see the handwriting on the wall, they will leave on their own. But it's worth trying don't you think?

Old 11-17-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
No, I actually do not support rounding up citizens.
Then I guess we agree on something.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:13 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
It was foolish to treat Americans as prisoners then, and it is foolish to treat Americans as prisoners today.
If we were in all out war with Islam I have no doubt it would happen again. Looking at the Japanese at Nanking it shows what supposed modern people are capable of.
https://www.google.com/search?q=nank...Ch3J5QNA&dpr=1

People turn quickly when they feel threatened as we see in the response to the Paris attack. It has happened 100s of times in world history and we are not so advanced that it will not happen again. We react no differently than a scared dog protecting its territory.

I wouldn't be so much afraid a person who was a Right or a Left winger. I would be much more afraid of a scared America.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 11-17-2015 at 05:24 PM..

Old 11-17-2015, 05:28 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If we were in all out war with Islam I have no doubt it would happen again. Looking at the Japanese at Nanking it shows what supposed modern people are capable of.
https://www.google.com/search?q=nank...Ch3J5QNA&dpr=1

People turn quickly when they feel threatened as we see in the response to the Paris attack. It has happened 100s of times in world history and we are not so advanced that it will not happen again. We react no differently than a scared dog protecting its territory.

I wouldn't be so much afraid a person who was a Right or a Left winger. I would be much more afraid of a scared America.
well It would NOT happen again. Sure Japanese have been naughty, but they did endure 2 atomic bombs, same thing cannot be said about other ethnic groups NONE. Matter of fact, they are still paying for the so called war crimes they committed although Japan had apologized so many damn times. Plus, why did Japan must apologize when the Chinese still yell and scream "kill japs change history. " Sheesh, Let's not pretend they are as forgiving as French to the Nazis.

Time has changed. No one is going to internment camp, it is laughable to think that people are going to internment camp like Japanese-Americans did.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-17-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies