Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 07:18 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just because you don't like it does not make it erroneous. You are the one lumping everyone into "they" but would complain when others do it.

One can not condemn others for what they (they in the individual sense) are perfectly willing to do and expect to be taken seriously.
I made my argument clear. The reason that I use "they" is because blacks were LEGALLY oppressed in America while whites controlled politics through majority rule. They does not represent an individual and hence there is no fallacy of composition or division being argued by me. I am saying that there is collective responsibility because the oppression was facilitated by the collective acts of politics. That is not analogous to a group of refugees seeking to enter the country because they did not collectively vote to support acts of terrorism or allow acts of terrorism to go on. In many of the countries that they come from, there vote had no meaning. Thus, in America, the institution that facilitated black oppression, is responsible....and that is THE GOVERNMENT and every citizens inherits the liabilities and assets of the government whether they are individually responsible in creating them or not.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:19 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,694,677 times
The ideology of White Supremacist and the KKK and other groups like them is rooted in victim hood and the notion that it is White people who are the oppressed ones.(“We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children”) A group that believes their very existence is at stake is about as mythicaly oppressed as you can get.

The truth be told if BLM was really a black Nationalist group they would have an alliance with White racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy

In February 1962 George Lincoln Rockwell, the leader of the American Nazi Party, spoke at a Nation of Islam rally in Chicago, where he was applauded by Elijah Muhammad as he pronounced: "I am proud to stand here before black men. I believe Elijah Muhammed is the Adolf Hitler of the black man!"[45] Rockwell had attended, but did not speak at, an earlier NOI rally in June 1961 in Washington, D.C.[46] and even once donated $20 to the NOI.[47] In 1965, after breaking with the Nation of Islam and denouncing its separatist doctrine, Malcolm X told his followers that the Nation of Islam under Elijah Muhammad had made secret agreements with the American Nazi Party and the Ku Klux Klan.[46]

I don't think much has changed, now if the Nation of Islam comes out to protect BLM from Supremacist and Nazi groups it might be a new day.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 11-27-2015 at 07:38 AM..

Old 11-27-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The ideology of White Supremacist and the KKK and other groups like them is rooted in victim hood and the notion that it is White people who are the oppressed ones.(“We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children”) A group that believes their very existence is at stake is about as mythicaly oppressed as you can get.

The truth be told if BLM was really a black Nationalist group they would have an alliance with White racist.

In February 1962 George Lincoln Rockwell, the leader of the American Nazi Party, spoke at a Nation of Islam rally in Chicago, where he was applauded by Elijah Muhammad as he pronounced: "I am proud to stand here before black men. I believe Elijah Muhammed is the Adolf Hitler of the black man!"[45] Rockwell had attended, but did not speak at, an earlier NOI rally in June 1961 in Washington, D.C.[46] and even once donated $20 to the NOI.[47] In 1965, after breaking with the Nation of Islam and denouncing its separatist doctrine, Malcolm X told his followers that the Nation of Islam under Elijah Muhammad had made secret agreements with the American Nazi Party and the Ku Klux Klan.[46]

I don't think much has changed, now if the Nation of Islam comes out to protect BLM from Supremacist and Nazi groups it might be a new day.
Every action creates an equal and opposite reaction. Blacks in Africa were not running around thinking that they were the supreme race. NOI was born from black oppression as a psychological offset to the doctrine of white supremacy....like Nat Turner.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I made my argument clear. The reason that I use "they" is because blacks were LEGALLY oppressed in America while whites controlled politics through majority rule.
"White's" are also why that ended.

Quote:
They does not represent an individual and hence there is no fallacy of composition or division being argued by me. I am saying that there is collective responsibility because the oppression was facilitated by the collective acts of politics. That is not analogous to a group of refugees seeking to enter the country because they did not collectively vote to support acts of terrorism or allow acts of terrorism to go on. In many of the countries that they come from, there vote had no meaning. Thus, in America, the institution that facilitated black oppression, is responsible....and that is THE GOVERNMENT and every citizens inherits the liabilities and assets of the government whether they are individually responsible in creating them or not.
So Muslims are collectively responsible for what the extreme portion does and we have a valid reason to be concerned about allowing any of them here?

Old 11-27-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
"White's" are also why that ended.

So Muslims are collectively responsible for what the extreme portion does and we have a valid reason to be concerned about allowing any of them here?
Yes.....whites ended the collective legal oppression of black people.....after 300 years of commission....but they did not end or reconcile the damage that accrued from 300 years of inflicting damage....and today would collectively vote against any such efforts. That said, your argument is akin to a rapist arguing that they stopped rapping the victim....which should offset the fact that they started the rape.

Obviously you did not comprehend the last paragraph you quoted. There is no valid democratic process that shows that Muslims supported terrorist acts. If any group of refugees supported terrorism, via their votes, through commission or omission, then they should not be allowed in the country.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-27-2015 at 07:49 AM..

Old 11-27-2015, 07:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yes.....whites ended the collective legal oppression of black people.....after 300 years of commission....but they did not end or reconcile the damage that accrued from 300 years of inflicting damage....and today would collectively vote against any such efforts. That said, your argument is akin to a rapist arguing that they stopped rapping the victim....which should offset the fact that they started the rape.
You still want people to be treated differently depending on their color. I find that very counter productive.

Quote:
Obviously you did not comprehend the last paragraph you quoted. There is no valid democratic process that shows that Muslims supported terrorist acts. If any group of refugees supported terrorism, via their votes, through commission or omission, then they should not be allowed in the country.
The argument by many is that the leaders of Muslims countries finance terrorism. Assad was overwhelmingly elected by the people.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
You still want people to be treated differently depending on their color. I find that very counter productive.

The argument by many is that the leaders of Muslims countries finance terrorism. Assad was overwhelmingly elected by the people.

Of course, if the target of the abuse was dished out based upon color....that means that the damage done is colored based and hence so is the repair/solution. To ignore color at this point only mask the damage done to black people. For example, if we ignore color we will not see that black poverty is 3 times greater than white poverty, black unemployment is twice the rate of whites and black wealth is 15 times less than whites. This is the accrued impact of centuries of racism....to ignore color now ignores the racial damage done.....which might be what you really seek.

Well then we should keep THEM, leaders of Muslim countries, from coming into this country as refugees. Syrian elections are free and fair?

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-27-2015 at 09:52 AM..

Old 11-27-2015, 10:51 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,564,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Protesting is legal. Killing someone is not.

Figures you would side with the killers.

Depends on the type of protest. Denying others of their rights is not legal nor is denying service, for whatever reason.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They provoked being shot because they exercised free speech

The manner in which they "exercised free speech" could well have an impact on the reaction. I wasn't there, and neither were you, so we really don't know what happened.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
yeah this sounds slightly more complicated than simply "white supremacists shoot blacklivesmatter protestors."

Except to those who habitually jump to the conclusions they want without finding all the facts first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies