Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 04:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., I'll admit, I misread something....I apologize to all....
Happens to us all from time to time.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I can't really blame the neighbors. Who wants to be labeled as racist in this country? To be called racist, is almost as bad as being called a child molester.

They can leave a tip without leaving there names I know this. Have many police friends who get tips all the time from people who do not leave a name.

Can't make you.

And then because of this nonsense, expect more shootings like this to take place. Because they will.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:54 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
They can leave a tip without leaving there names I know this. Have many police friends who get tips all the time from people who do not leave a name.

Can't make you.

And then because of this nonsense, expect more shootings like this to take place. Because they will.
agreed agreed

Old 12-03-2015, 04:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Here is my mere perspective....
Yes....it would be reason to kill them, especially now, with a lot of Americans becoming sick and tired of not being able to say Merry Christmas, Christmas tree, etc....maybe these people vocalized their objection to this, and he overheard it?

However, being they planned it, seems to me, the answer to your question would be yes? Because they believe there is no other religion and hate us for believing otherwise?

Just a guess

and maybe he was a sleeper cell, home grown? I don't know?
So let's assume their intent was to shoot out the office holiday party.

Farook attended the 2014 party at the same location.

Why did Farooq enter the party and then get into a dispute with a co-worker and leave in a huff?

They had more than enough ammunition to make sure everyone was dead but they fled after 60 +/- rounds and left survivors. They could have easily taken out the LE that initially responded, too.

Why so much unused ammunition?

I continue to think they had bigger plans and got sidetracked by the party.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:55 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Remember that alleged list that the swine lovers in the sandbox put out not too long ago? On that list were a bunch of small places, people commenting that some of them were near military housing or known soldiers...although, Solvang still makes me scratch my head...and other places didn't make sense to some...or do they?

I'm going to play the "what if" game here, because the fact that the swine lovers cheered this particular shooting before any names were released by the media, and that they didn't cheer on other shootings, my BS meter is going off.

So, What IF:

This was a test.

Attacking smaller areas that make no sense is part of the plan - what better way to scare the crap out of people than to target smaller areas that don't have the big police force, that people don't expect to be targeted in order to really rattle the citizens?

Most people would expect (so to speak) an attack on something big, but most don't expect your every day, run of the mill, AnyTown, USA to get attacked.

If they did that 10 times, would the impact be stronger than if they targeted one big place one time? If they attacked all four corners and in the middle, in AnyTown, USA, do you think the fear would be more than if they attacked one stadium, or one concert, or one area of celebration? (As they've done, or were rumored to try to do.)

So what if this was a test to see how well smaller areas would react?

Sure, I am thinking that the shoot out at the work place was not part of the "bigger plan", but it was a starting point. Perhaps the dead fool had some issue with a person or people at work, I've already surmised this in a previous post, and since he was going to go down, guns and bombs ablazing, why not take out a few certain people he was having an issue with? Then go on to carry out the actual plan....

I'm sure some people on here will not be able to help themselves from calling me some kind of conspiracy freak, which is a waste of time because I'm not saying that I actually believe this is exactly what is happening, I'm simply throwing out food for thought. The more I think about it, the more this would not surprise me. I don't claim to know what the swine lovers are thinking or planning, I just wonder what the impact would be were they to do that compared to how they've done it.

Sep 11 killed thousands, but most of the attacks kill hundreds. So it's like little (I use the term loosely) attacks here and there, all over. Maybe it's not so far fetched a thought.
I thought the same thing . Some small town in middle America.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:56 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Just like gun control advocates want. Test for gun ownership. Prohibit people from owning guns. Maybe we can sew a gun patch in every gun owners lapel so we know who the enemy is?
The goose and the gander talk a lot alike.
BS answer; your analogy is invalid.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:58 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Turn them in as needed. We had one Mosque in Orange County that was closed due to Iranians threatening terrorist attacks.

Mosques are the main brain washing centers.!!! they can turn an innocent 3 year old Mohammad into an infidel hating killing machine in the not so distant future..

Old 12-03-2015, 04:59 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Actually, I would like to recommend a book called Fighting Terrorism: How Democracies Can Defeat Domestic and International Terrorists
by Benjamin Netanyahu

He mentions the great democratic dilemma when governments must fight terrorism with the means available to them to protect their citizens, they appear to endanger their rights in the process. He examines the security of civil liberties in that process and the utmost importance of determined action against terrorism.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:00 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
I wonder if Obama owns the FBI? He dictates to the Justice department, owns the IRS. It is all corrupt.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:02 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Can't make you.

What would the tip have been? "My neighbors have a lot of things delivered to their house and work a lot out of their garage"? That could be half of the people on my block, including my apartment (though instead of a garage, it's my roommate 3d printing things 24/7 on his enclosed front porch). Even working the Muslim angle, it would not have been clear what faith the couple followed. The wife, for instance, did not cover her hair. They both look white to me (and could pass for a member of my white, Jewish family in skin tone and hair color).

Getting lots of packages and working late in a garage ARE. NOT. SUSPICIOUS. ACTIONS. In hindsight, sure. When a high school acquaintance of mine went into a house full of runaway teenagers with two of his buddies and murdered 5 of them - including a pregnant teenager and a mom there to pick up her son - and wounded 4 others, there were dozens of things that we could have cited as being a sign of what was to come. But in the moment? Not suspicious at all. That's how these things go. u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies