Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 12:59 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times

Advertisements

It is my contention that the liberal anti gun group are those, "defending the criminal," nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 01:06 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Let's not forget too that there will be a large segment of law abiding citizens that own guns who will indeed refuse to comply with any sort of confiscation, or demand to turn them in.
I agree, and I would be one of them.

But just wanted to make a point to show the OP the consequences.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:07 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,701,008 times
I hate to bring this up, but I study a certain type of mass violent crime for a living. So I happen to know the answer to this question:

Do you know what people use to commit these types of crimes in countries where there is strict gun control?

Spoiler
Bombs.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:09 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno what pissed me off last night? I was channel surfing between stations, and BBC had some women reporter on, saying what Obama said, we are the only country that has had so many mass shootings, due to everyone being able to own a gun.

and even more bothersome, was immediately Hillary and Obama used this incident to push gun control, and yet, lied to the public about it being an ingrown terror attack.....

if you want to live in a country where no one is allowed to carry a gun, then move.

What they will do, is slowly chip away at our freedoms over years and years....first one thing, then another, then another until walla, we will have to turn in our guns. Bull!!

you want to fix things, fix our security, and monitor all illegals....build a wall and send all illegals back....

These people were sleeper cells....waiting to explode...and if they take our guns away, these sleeper cells will then use bombs....

My god, people wake up....your going to wish you had a gun some day....to protect your families.
We'd probably have a better chance seeing as none of the bombs yesterday's terrorists used actually went off.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:23 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
With but one more senseless killing of innocent people, the best new this nation could hear is that congress has formed an exploratory committee to justify repeal of the second amendment.
That would be a start for this troubled country.

Bob.
Ah,the dems counter with creative statistics!

In their world, problems are created and solved by relabeling and redefining.
Just say, forinstance, AQ is onthe run and ISIS isthe jv team and the media propaganda machine runs with it. Redefine what a 'mass murder' is and you can use it as a weapon.

the height of delusion is the list of assault weapons. Friearms indistinguishable fromeach other are listed as an assault weapons while the other isnot. The only logic I figure is that some astute legislative lawyer will have a light bulb go on over hios head and make a case for the legal gun to be puton the banned list becaue they are operationally no different.

People die while liberals dither. Actually many dems side with repubs on many firearm issues. So don't forget to include your guys support of the NRA.

you'd hope someone would actually 'study' the problem, as applied solutions to date have been hopelessly ineffective and grandly myopic.

Your choice.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
We'd probably have a better chance seeing as none of the bombs yesterday's terrorists used actually went off.
Thanks to some great police work, and some great cops.

You remember cops, right? Another group of people the left hates more than terrorists.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:26 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY I seriously doubt that if someone were stupid enough to try and build a gun in their basement, knowing ,if caught they would be spending the rest of their life in jail, they would do such a stupid thing.

You're right!

I mean, after all, once we made life imprisonment the punishment for murder, nobody murdered anymore after that...........

Old 12-03-2015, 04:28 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
The repeal of the 2nd would have a few riders attached, which would include life in prison without parole for using a gun in the commission of a crime, that is one deterrent.
That takes care of the criminals carrying.
Now, as for any terrorist, tougher screening as to who gets into this country is a start.
If all guns were removed from the populous,(and that includes manufacture, and sale of them through any means) that would narrow down the odds of any one being able to get one, black market or not.
I seriously doubt that if someone were stupid enough to try and build a gun in their basement, knowing ,if caught they would be spending the rest of their life in jail, they would do such a stupid thing.

Once in a while we need to take a step back, in order to see not only where we have been, but, where we are going.
These senseless killings of innocent people is becoming as commonplace as going out to eat at a restaurant.
It is like a runaway train.

Obviously arming the populace isn't working, and this stupid argument about no gun free zones is about as crazy as the loons using these guns against innocent people.
How many of the people in that complex yesterday , if it were indeed a zone where guns were allowed, would have brought their weapon to work?
My answer is a BIG ZERO.

In other post on this subject I have stated when people are being threatened with gunfire, the first, and natural response is to duck and cover, which is exactly what those people did yesterday.
None of them would stand up and start firing back.
The assumption that if people in these situations were armed, that would make a difference.
That assumption is just plain fantasy.

You people who believe a gun is the ultimate answer to all situations where one's life is being threatened, are living in a fantasy world.
You are reading to many comic books, where the hero always wins.
That is just not reality.

Now, getting back to the question of keeping guns out of the hands of terrorists;

Obviously there are different kinds of terrorist, and each has it's own solutions.
First is the "home grown type".
They are your next door neighbor, your fellow worker.
How do we prevent this group of people from acquiring a gun?
Quite simple, remove any they presently have, and again, let it be known they face life in prison if caught with one.

As for the terrorist infiltrating the country from foreign soil, our government needs to be more efficient in the screening process as to who is, and isn't allowed into the country.
I have never subscribed to anything I have ever heard coming out of Obama's mouth, but yesterday he finally said something that made absolute sense.
He stated,"We don't let people who are on the know fly list get on a plane, but those same people can walk into any gun shop and purchase a gun."
Obviously there is something wrong with that picture.
Remove ALL guns from the equation and the threat is disposed of.
By removal I mean, no manufacture, or sales of guns.

The sale, or purchase of guns through the black market, which would include the internet would also carry a life sentence.
Tough times call for tough solutions to tough problems, and it has to start somewhere.
In today's world, we have enough technology to keep track of illegal weapons in this country, but we need enforcement, and the will to do it.
Presently we are sadly lacking in both of those fields.

Bob.
I actually agree with this

Old 12-03-2015, 04:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
With but one more senseless killing of innocent people, the best new this nation could hear is that congress has formed an exploratory committee to justify repeal of the second amendment.

Bob.
That's just ignorant but it's good too because it will pretty much destroy the Dumbocrats.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:33 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:

Bob.

Bulls#it! Go elsewhere, Bob if you don't like American rights. Yes, I said it. I know the first thing you are going to say about this. Door is open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies