Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 10:37 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

Dear Santa,
You could give America a GREAT Christmas present this year. When you go down the chimney in the White House this Christmas Eve, could you please take Barack Obama back to the North Pole with you?
He may not want to do much work and may try to boss the other elves around and get them fighting and complaining, but you could soon help give him a change of heart and a new way of thinking. He could clean up the reindeer's stables or dig coal for the naughty children. Maybe let him work in your greenhouse for the Christmas poinsettias. He hates cold weather and likes it warm even if he says warm weather is a bad thing. You'll find out he's confused about a lot of things and doesn't make much sense most of the time. After a year or two you could bring him back and drop him off at his Oceanside mansion in Hawaii. Not Chicago, he hates that *&^%$ city.
Love, America(what's left of it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 11:03 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Well, now we know it's terrorism, and gun control has never fixed that.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Yet liberals and Obama supporters ignore that it's illegal to make bombs. They were making bombs and didn't give a damn about the law. Obama politicized the killing and made it about guns laws and his supporters parrot like useful idiots.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:00 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Yep. Whatever. Want to bet simple ways to accomplish the task wouldn't be developed?
Want to bet that there will still be mass killings? Ban guns and watch the IEDs come out in full force. And those usually cause more casualties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

Old 12-04-2015, 12:22 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I'm not a gun guy, guns are designed for one purpose, to kill and rip through flesh. Yeah, I get that people target shoot and "plink" as such, but really, let's not kid ourselves at what the design intent is.

That being said, I support the 2nd amendment and if law abiding citizens want to have guns so be it. I get it, I really do.

Like I said, guns aren't for me personally, but I do have to wonder about whether they could help prevent crimes like the San Bernardino shooting, you almost have to wonder if someone was packing and was fully trained in it's use, if they would have popped those demented animals, maybe less people would have died, I also get that POV is controversial and hotly debated, I'm just thinking out loud here.

I also just watched a documentary about the crap that is and did go down in the Ukraine, you had hundreds of thousands of protestors over a 90 day period protesting and calling for new elections as the then president had violated and went against what the people wanted, don't want to get into those details, but my point is is that the police brutally beat, maimed and shot live munitions at the protesters, several people died.

I gotta wonder if those protesters were fully strapped if the police would have been so eager to start shooting????

Food for thought.

Netflix Original Documentary Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight For Freedom Premieres... -- BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Aug. 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Old 12-04-2015, 01:22 PM

252 posts, read 275,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Why so eager to spin every action into US (Cons) vs Them (Libs) ?

BO is not coming for your guns. Has not happened will never happen. He is simply trying to address an obvious issue - it not that what he was elected to do ?

Oh, yeah all those other countries with strict gun laws and low rates of gun violence are just not comparable..

And while we are at it, how about some productive suggestions on dealing with Gun Violence and mass shootings ? What are your suggestions ? Really would like to hear something realistic.
If gun control worked, Chicago would be the safest place to be in the US.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
I've posted this several times yet no liberal responds.

Making explosives are illegal yet they were making them. Wow, the laws didn't do a damn thing to stop them.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:31 PM

252 posts, read 275,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's actually a strawman argument.

What liberals want are reasonable measures to keep guns away from people who shouldn't have them. I don't see what is wrong with reasonable background checks.

The NRA has even gotten laws passed that prevent the FBI from collecting certain statistics about gun crimes. What could the NRA possibly fear about looking at the numbers?
How did the gov't do with this reasonable background check? Liberals want more "feel good" laws put on the books but yet the gov't can't even perform a simple background check.

FBI Director Says Background Check System Failed, Allowing Alleged SC Shooter to Purchase Gun - ABC News

Old 12-04-2015, 01:35 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsmith713 View Post
If gun control worked, Chicago would be the safest place to be in the US.
That's why states like Louisiana are so safe, loose gun control laws reduce the murder rate. LOL

Old 12-04-2015, 01:37 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've posted this several times yet no liberal responds.

Making explosives are illegal yet they were making them. Wow, the laws didn't do a damn thing to stop them.
Explosives can be made out of every day materials, Timothy McVeigh figured that one out, guns are manufactured. Still many explosives are heavily restricted, not perfect but sure better than having no laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies