Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Police depts should have never gotten those things in the first place
Looks like many here consider you liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 06:19 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Looks like many here consider you liberal?
Yeah the self ordained conservatives () apparently think I'm a liberal for criticizing their bloated police state and military complex

Old 12-03-2015, 08:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah the self ordained conservatives () apparently think I'm a liberal for criticizing their bloated police state and military complex
LOL, you're post indicate your a radical liberal extremist.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:19 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
I've always been against this reflexive stupidity.

Cops, in certain situations, NEED armored-vehicles.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:24 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Why, the bad guys get military stuff at times, why not the police? Are they supposed to fight back with their wits?

If it gets that bad, they can call in an "Air Strike."

Old 12-03-2015, 09:43 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
I support this. The police are not the military. They shouldn't have military equipment.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Why, the bad guys get military stuff at times, why not the police? Are they supposed to fight back with their wits?
tanks? the bad guys in the US have tanks?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
loflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love It Cant rep you yet!
Maybe you two can just pat each other on the butt

Quote:
I hope they don't run over your poodle with their armored personnel carrier on the way to the donut shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, you're post indicate your a radical liberal extremist.
Yours indicate you don't have a clue. Is that what you call anyone who isn't a badge licker?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:11 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Sorry, but taxpayers paid for that equipment thru federal taxes. The money didn't fall out of the sky like liberals seem to believe.
It costs local taxpayers a small fortune to maintain those things. And few if any agencies need them. It cost the Army an average of 60k a year to maintain an MRAP, it's not like you can go buy parts at Pep Boys

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dlTsUQ&cad=rjt (link opens PDF)

The Cost of Free | Citizens Against Government Waste

Old 12-04-2015, 07:11 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Excuse me, but this happens to be the business I'm in, and you're WRONG.

Even when we do federal interagency transfers of equipment, that equipment has to be paid for.

The "taxpayers" you speak of paid for that equipment for our COMMON defense...not to bolster your local police department. What else should I be taxed for in your locality? Schools? Trash pickup? Pothole repair?

You need an armored vehicle for your local cops? Great...get off your asses and BUY one. Don't have the dough? Have a bake sale or a fish fry.

As I said before, I buy lots of government surplus myself. I'm a taxpayer. Should I get it for free?

Of course not. Get real.
Well this certainly explains a whole lot about you and your lack of basic understanding. When you do an "inter agency" transfer of equipment it's paid for by moving money from one set of books to another but the damn thing is already paid for. You're talking about inventory accounting, we're all talking about physically purchasing this gear from the manufacturer. When a local municipal obtains one of these pieces of equipment they're still being used for the common defense of American citizens.

When you want something in your home for personal use that's not the common defense therefore yes, you should pay for it. The last thing we all need is some peon gov. pencil pusher trying to explain things that he obviously couldn't figure out with every cubical goon on his floor helping him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies