Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 05:09 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
White House: Obama Thinks Gun Control Will Deter Terrorists | The Weekly Standard

...one again, our Manchurian candidate of a president tells us the opposite of what terrorists want.

They want us to have open borders and open our country to muslim refugees.

They want us to be disarmed by the government.
gun control has worked so well for gangs who generate the greatest amount of murders. So why not restrict private ownership in exchange for granting terrorists an exemption?

If you like your guns, you can keep your guns, PERIOD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 07:52 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because there is not concrete evidence that they have committed a crime, some of the 9/11 terrorists were on a watch list.

You can't restrict them from flyin gbut allow them to own guns, at least some pepope here are consistent claiming both are unconstitutional.
You cannot restrict them from having guns. You can prevent them from OWNING guns. Huge difference and pretty much renders the entire topic as meaningless.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That's a red herring... Are all the people on the watch list trying to get a gun? Probably not.

And to answer your question, yes, sometimes it's more important to protect people's rights and be a little less safe, than to deny their rights and maybe be more safe.
actually giving up a right only means you gave up that right, it doesnt mean you are more safe in any manner.

Quote:
I'm in the camp of conservatives who doesn't like the NSA collecting phone data without a warrant, for example, even if that means we'd have a better chance of stopping an attack.
i agree for domestic data collecting, but for those overseas, they do not have the protections of the US constitution.

Quote:
As another example, I think stop-and-frisk policies, are in theory a very good idea and they are proven effective, BUT, they are blatantly unconstitutional and a violation of 4th Amen. rights, so..... we can't do it, even if it's a good idea.
i agree with tat as well. nice idea, but unconstitutional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Bingo....

Put SOME kind of barrier between the citizens and the government official adding a citizen to the list. Make it so that a panel of judges have to approve the addition. Afford SOME kind of due process, and then we'll talk.
how about this instead, NO unconstitutional watch lists to begin with, that way one does not have to go to court to get back a right that they should never have been denied in the first place. if people are going to be placed on a watch list, then perhaps the government should be required to build a case against that person, run them through the courts with their evidence, get a conviction, and THEN they can put that person on a watch list. but until then, no unconstitutional watch lists.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:29 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
Dear Mr. President:

In countries without guns, terrorists use bombs.

Still want to go there?

Sincerely, R-3.
Excellent point!

Reminds me of a bumper sticker we had on our car back in the late 60's....
"If guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns."

It doesn't get much easier to understand than that... unless you're a liberal... then I don't know how you'd even breathe with your head so far up your... well, you know.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:50 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Obama: gun control will deter terrorists...

I got a better idea, how about controlling terrorists instead of guns? Keep them out of the country, or locked up in Gitmo.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
The left just want all guns banned..PERIOD.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:40 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
"I don't believe people should be able to own guns," Obama told Lott one day at the University of Chicago Law School
FLASHBACK--Author Quotes Then-Professor Obama Saying: 'I Don't Believe People Should Be Able To Own Guns'

yep!

Old 01-09-2016, 02:22 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Gun control just won't work. Period!

Cal Thomas: Out of (gun) control

Old 01-09-2016, 03:57 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
"I don't believe people should be able to own guns," Obama told Lott one day at the University of Chicago Law School
No lefties want to touch this quote?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:00 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Obama: gun control will deter terrorists...

I got a better idea, how about controlling terrorists instead of guns? Keep them out of the country, or locked up in Gitmo.

That would require an alteration to Brick Obama's agenda, and his Gepetto will simply not allow that to happen.

For the record, your idea is far better than anything that the idiot in the White House has come up with in 7 years. It's impossible to believe that he's dumb enough to think that gun control will deter terrorists, but nothing that comes out of the thin-wristed one's mouth is surprising anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies