Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 09:19 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
None of the ones I posted are an AR.

Answer my question.

Answer my question, do you think civilians should have AR-15's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 10:35 PM

17,610 posts, read 13,401,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
lol

What condescending turds.

Dear NYSlimes:

No.

Sincerely,

What Part Of 'shall not be infringed' Do You Not Comprehend?

Consider the source, what AHoles

Old 12-05-2015, 10:47 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,270,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Loony lefties are isolated from reality.

Gun registration was tried in NY, and failed spectacularly. Yes, failed... in NY. NYers won't even register their guns. What makes the loony left think they'll relinquish them?

Low compliance with new N.Y. Gun law
And if you do register your gun in NY?

You could get some lefty moron reporter/rag doing this:

Quote:
Two weeks ago, the paper published the names and addresses of handgun permit holders — a total of 33,614 — in two suburban counties, Westchester and Rockland, and put maps of their locations online. The maps, which appeared with the article “The Gun Owner Next Door: What You Don’t Know About the Weapons in Your Neighborhood,”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/ny...rget.html?_r=0

Gun owners in the counties were pissed and so were the non-gun owners.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,909,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
All this shows is most gun owners are law breakers who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law they are breaking.
The founding fathers were also law breakers.

Rosa Parks was a law breaker.

MLK was a law breaker.

The Freedom Riders were law breakers.

Harriet Tubman was a law breaker.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:09 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,909,816 times
I will say that at the very least, you have to give the author of that editorial some credit where it's due. They were:

A.) Talking about a change in policy that would actually have a dramatic effect, unlike band-aid solutions such as "universal background checks" which will, in all likelyhood, do little to nothing at all. In other words, they are making proposals that are actually worthy of a discussion, whether you agree with them or not, and

B.) they put everything out on the table and were actually being honest about wanting to take guns away from people.. They didn't feed us the old familiar LIE that "no one wants to take your guns away" ...I have to say that honesty from a gun control advocate are rare and should be commended.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:31 AM

89,106 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Clinton didn't invade under false pretenses.
Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act under those same "false pretenses."

What are you not understanding about the word LIBERATION? The liberation of Iraq was Clinton's call, not Bush's. Why do liberals always try to rewrite history to exonerate the actions of Dems? /SMH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=457jp8VGhEE

Old 12-06-2015, 12:52 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
How about anyone committing a crime with a gun is put to death. No questions, no special circumstances. See what happens to gun crime in a year or two.

Death by firing squad. Sounds fair to me.
No, that is against the 8th amendment.

In order to execute someone for crimes against individuals, it must be shown they have killed someone. Otherwise, the punishment of death is excessive.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:24 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,874,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
All this shows is most gun owners are law breakers who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law they are breaking.
Go ahead and lock up 40% of the American population.

Better yet, go into Redneckland and try to take their guns away yourself, tough guy.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:40 AM

285 posts, read 177,092 times
As Marilyn Manson said in Bowling for Columbine, "keep everyone afraid and they'll consume".

Old 12-06-2015, 03:27 AM

45,472 posts, read 60,707,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Answer my question, do you think civilians should have AR-15's

You didn't ask that question, you stated that AR style firearms should be banned. The three examples I posted operate exactly the same way the AR style ones do. Which one would you ban?

You want to ban certain ones because of cosmetics (a the second exemplar I posted can do much more damage in a shorter period of time than an AR style firearm).

Since we're banning things because of cosmetics I think the new Camaro should be banned. They're butt ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies