Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 06:44 AM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
The shooters were PAKISTANI. Farook was born in the US and his wife came to America on a visa.

Get your facts together.
Since radical Islam is rampant across the Middle East it is acceptable to include Muslims whether from Syria, Iran, Iraq or Pakistan in the same group. Your post is deflection of a problem you and our president refuses to exist or are to ignorant to recognize. Because of this your getting innocent Americans killed and putting millions more at risk. It's like a little boy whistling in the dark trying to get his spirits up.

You had your chance and blew it. Completely and totally blew it. When we have a clear terrorist attack and our president refuses to acknowledge it and blames a political party and guns it's time for the bench.

Americans are pissed, very very pissed and November 2016 will reflect how pissed we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 06:51 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
the fact remains, it does give another reason for concern. If nothing else, closer background checks and more control over visas. If I understand this right, we are not talking about a long term relationship between the two of them. They hadn't even known each other that long. Why in the HELL was she given the visa? It is one thing had they been dating for years, had planned the wedding, but this whole thing stinks to high heaven. And I want to make sure, as sure as possible no one entering our country is a treat. I know we can't always be in control, but let's do as much as we can.
Are you familiar with mail-order brides? My uncle is one of thousands of men a year who meet women in Asia or Eastern Europe once, maybe twice, in person with the expressed purpose of bringing them to the US to marry a submissive woman. In my uncle's case, he met an 18 year old online in the Philippines, flew there once to meet her, and then was able to secure a fiance's visa to bring her over. He was 56 at the time. It was shocking to the whole family how relatively easy the visa process was - of course, at only 18, she had no criminal record.

I don't disagree that the fiance visa process is a little whacky (though the people who seem the most traditionally in love always seem to run into more snags), but what happened here is unprecedented. And what would more extensive background checks have done? Neither of the couple were on ANYONE'S radar. And that's what I'm most afraid of: these lone wolves influenced by ideology (be it radical Islam or political rhetoric, as in the case with the terrorist at Planned Parenthood) who can easily hit soft targets with guns or homemade explosives with instructions from the internet. We can't hunt down every single person who ever looks at a web site about how to build a pipe bomb.

Let's not fight the terrorists' battle for them by turning this into an argument against the refugees. That's what they want - how easy is it to radicalize subjugated, traumatized people when they *know* the prevailing rhetoric of that country is to hate them?

Old 12-05-2015, 06:51 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
the fact remains, it does give another reason for concern. If nothing else, closer background checks and more control over visas. If I understand this right, we are not talking about a long term relationship between the two of them. They hadn't even known each other that long. Why in the HELL was she given the visa? It is one thing had they been dating for years, had planned the wedding, but this whole thing stinks to high heaven. And I want to make sure, as sure as possible no one entering our country is a treat. I know we can't always be in control, but let's do as much as we can.
They were married and had a child, why would they be planning a wedding? She got in on a fiancee visa a year ago and got married which is what a fiancee visa is for. A fiancee visa has a requirement of the couple getting married within 90 days.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:52 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Since radical Islam is rampant across the Middle East it is acceptable to include Muslims whether from Syria, Iran, Iraq or Pakistan in the same group.
One of these things is not like the others. Only one of those countries is in the Middle East.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:55 AM

21,139 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Ironically, 4 of the people killed were immigrants.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:11 AM

756 posts, read 424,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have a feeling that these aren't the types who would have complained about internment camps. After all, if they were good enough for the Jews (who didn't belong in this country! they - we - were communist/agitators/spies/different), they were good enough for Japanese Americans.
No, because I'm not calling for Muslims who are already here to be put into internment camps and neither are many others who oppose the immigration plan.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:11 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
The problem is not the refugees, it's their children and all the other relatives that follow on one humanitarian visa after another once we allow someone in this country.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:27 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Muslims were glad around the world when the terrorists killed 129 people in France.. they are celebrating now of the 14 killed here.. they celebrated after 9/11.

Muslims in Turkey booing , shouting Allah Akbar during the moment of silence for the dead in the terrorist attack in France.. Turkey is 98% muslim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBRSfdAvsDQ

Trump was right , they were celebrating in the streets.
Calls of NJ residents calling in .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KdmyCh7z8

Old 12-05-2015, 07:27 AM

756 posts, read 424,902 times
Quote:
Let's not fight the terrorists' battle for them by turning this into an argument against the refugees. That's what they want - how easy is it to radicalize subjugated, traumatized people when they *know* the prevailing rhetoric of that country is to hate them?
They are already easily radicalized. They subscribe to a religion that says we must kill the infidel and the non-believer. Maybe only a small number of them act on it but many more support it.

I also don't know if anyone else has noticed but we are not a melting pot anymore. In years past, immigrants came here and were proud to learn English and assimilate into the culture. The newer waves of immigrants (not just middle eastern) live in sequestered communities, refuse to assimilate or learn English. So now we have places like Dearborn, Michigan which has a majority Muslim population, Sharia law curfews and absolutely no desire to assimilate into American culture.

Just from a practical standpoint, how long can we afford to keep doing this? Letting tens of thousands of illegals from Mexico in, letting tens of thousands of Syrians in and paying to resettle, feed, house, clothe, provide medical. Meanwhile we have our own people sleeping on the streets and we are trillions in debt.

Charity is fine, but if members of your own family are doing without, you take care of them before you offer a helping hand to strangers.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:33 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Are you familiar with mail-order brides? My uncle is one of thousands of men a year who meet women in Asia or Eastern Europe once, maybe twice, in person with the expressed purpose of bringing them to the US to marry a submissive woman. In my uncle's case, he met an 18 year old online in the Philippines, flew there once to meet her, and then was able to secure a fiance's visa to bring her over. He was 56 at the time. It was shocking to the whole family how relatively easy the visa process was - of course, at only 18, she had no criminal record.

I don't disagree that the fiance visa process is a little whacky (though the people who seem the most traditionally in love always seem to run into more snags), but what happened here is unprecedented. And what would more extensive background checks have done? Neither of the couple were on ANYONE'S radar. And that's what I'm most afraid of: these lone wolves influenced by ideology (be it radical Islam or political rhetoric, as in the case with the terrorist at Planned Parenthood) who can easily hit soft targets with guns or homemade explosives with instructions from the internet. We can't hunt down every single person who ever looks at a web site about how to build a pipe bomb.

What is shocking is your uncle at 56 wanting to marry an 18 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies