Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 11:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

This column in the New York Daily News is a window on the mindset of a certain demographic. Convert to Christianity from Judaism? Admire Ann Coulter? ...the NRA? Then you are pretty much as bad as an ISIS mass killer in this writer's eyes.

Quote:
...the victim, Nicholas Thalasinos, was a radical Born Again Christian/Messianic Jew, who also connected with his future wife online and had traveled across the country to meet her.
The killer, however, became half of an Islamic Bonnie & Clyde, while the other died as the male equivalent of Pamela Geller.
The killers deserve every disgusting adjective thrown at them. And more.
But the victim is also inaccurately being eulogized as a kind and loving religious man.
Make no mistake, as disgusting and deservedly dead as the hate-filled fanatical Muslim killers were, Thalasinos was also a hate-filled bigot...
Thalasinos was an anti-government, anti-Islam, pro-NRA, rabidly anti-Planned Parenthood kinda guy, who posted that it would be “Freaking Awesome” if hateful Ann Coulter was named head of Homeland Security.

San Bernardino bloodbath born of bigots - NY Daily News

Old 12-05-2015, 11:25 PM

81 posts, read 55,551 times
Is there a belief that this man was the main inspiration for them choosing that office?

Old 12-05-2015, 11:27 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
A disgusting article only a Leftist is capable of.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:30 PM

81 posts, read 55,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Please...there are prominent conservative figures who believe mourning family members of shooting victims in multiple instances are actors. Neither side has a monopoly on stupid

Old 12-05-2015, 11:30 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
There is nothing in the paragraph you quote that I disagree with. The writer is correct in drawing the parallel he does. The enemy is not any particular religion. It's religious extremism. It so happens the extremists are most potently concentrated in Islam at this particular point in history. That doesn't mean other religions are immune from the disease.

I like and respect religious people who are moderate in their views and tolerant toward those of other faiths. I abhor and oppose those who think their path should be everyone's path, be they Christian, Muslim, Atheist or Jew. (F you too Buddhists who think everyone who doesn't mediate should get with the program or be killed.)

Old 12-05-2015, 11:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Oh please. Deep down you know both sides are capable of nonsense like this.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:36 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I agree that both sides are capable of nonsensical blind partisanship, but where's the nonsense in this article? The quoted paragraph states the victim is being eulogized as kind, but he's actually a hateful bigot. Good on the reporter for correcting the record. I guess I should read the entire article before I judge. Maybe there is some nonsense in there, but I'm not seeing it in the quoted paragraph.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:42 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I agree that both sides are capable of nonsensical blind partisanship, but where's the nonsense in this article? The quoted paragraph states the victim is being eulogized as kind, but he's actually a hateful bigot. Good on the reporter for correcting the record. I guess I should read the entire article before I judge. Maybe there is some nonsense in there, but I'm not seeing it in the quoted paragraph.
One person said hateful things...somewhere

The other one killed over a dozen with the help of his wife.

No one deserves to be killed for their idiot opinion. articles like this create a false equivalency, and are dumbing down humanity.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:47 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
There is nothing in the paragraph you quote that I disagree with. The writer is correct in drawing the parallel he does. The enemy is not any particular religion. It's religious extremism.
One man was a Christian who liked conservative politics. The other was a Muslim mass murderer. The only reason I can see to compare them is to express hatred for conservative Christians.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:48 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW5K View Post
Please...there are prominent conservative figures who believe mourning family members of shooting victims in multiple instances are actors. Neither side has a monopoly on stupid
Ever notice how leftists never deny their depravity, they only justify it by making the excuse that the other side does it to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies