Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 12:38 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think refugee crisis should be Partisan issue. It affects every group - the new immigrants (refugees), people who are Muslim, exchange students, tourists, liberals, and conservatives.

People like you always like to make the comment like the above, very counterproductive. you have't answered my questions, by the way. I don't blame you because nobody can.
When politicians speak to monitoring or banning a specfic religion we are well beyond rational discussion. The refugee crisis has hit europe considerably, not at all in the US. When we react out fear can develop policies based on a few incidents it doesn't turn out well.

Merkel has experience a considerably greater impact and cooler heads have prevailed to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 12:48 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When politicians speak to monitoring or banning a specfic religion we are well beyond rational discussion. The refugee crisis has hit europe considerably, not at all in the US. When we react out fear can develop policies based on a few incidents it doesn't turn out well.

Merkel has experience a considerably greater impact and cooler heads have prevailed to this point.
But this thread is about Angela Merkel. Isn't it? German people have reasons to be at least "concerned" about the situation. There will always be neo-nazi type, but most German and Americans are not.

Some German schools ordered the girls not to wear skirts because short skirts might offend Muslim students and these girls might get raped. This is serious problem, wouldn't you agree? I have several half nephews and nieces living in Germany, I would be lying if I say I don't worry about their future. I am a good aunt, no more, no less. I can care less about politics, but do worry about their future.

You still refuse to answer my questions. Cooler head is something Merkel does not have. 800,000 refugees? seriously? How can a small country like Germany absorb all these refugees? Why don't you just answer this very simple question.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-09-2015 at 12:59 PM..

Old 12-09-2015, 01:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
I wonder if the European girls that have been raped by refugees would elect Merkel as The Person of the Year. Can we ask them?

Do you think Merkel has visualized what it must be like to be raped by a refugee? Do you think that she empathizes with the girls whom she sentenced to being raped the moment she began her outlandish refugee acceptance policy?

Is the Person of the Year willing to provide compensation to these rape victims or be held criminally accountable for allowing a rape-prone population into Europe? What will she give up in recompense? How will she be held accountable? How can she make these women whole again?

After we discuss the rape victims, we can move onto her liability in the predictable Paris attack and the deaths of over 125 Europeans.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:54 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I wonder if the European girls that have been raped by refugees would elect Merkel as The Person of the Year. Can we ask them?

Do you think Merkel has visualized what it must be like to be raped by a refugee? Do you think that she empathizes with the girls whom she sentenced to being raped the moment she began her outlandish refugee acceptance policy?

Is the Person of the Year willing to provide compensation to these rape victims or be held criminally accountable for allowing a rape-prone population into Europe? What will she give up in recompense? How will she be held accountable? How can she make these women whole again?

After we discuss the rape victims, we can move onto her liability in the predictable Paris attack and the deaths of over 125 Europeans.
She could not possibly be raped by a refugee. Rape requires a lack of consent. If she has visualized it at all it was as part of a fantasy.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:05 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post

Please spare me the comments about short dresses as if that is the major issue and try for one second to put yourself in Merkel's place with thousands of displaced refugees at your border, what would you do in her situation. We have politicians that cannot deal with 10,000 refugees that have been on a wait list for years but she needed to deal with this within days and months and deal with the right wing in Germany.

So who's your choice??

Old 12-09-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Please spare me the comments about short dresses as if that is the major issue and try for one second to put yourself in Merkel's place with thousands of displaced refugees at your border, what would you do in her situation. We have politicians that cannot deal with 10,000 refugees that have been on a wait list for years but she needed to deal with this within days and months and deal with the right wing in Germany.

So who's your choice??
Yeah, I guess she will just keep on telling German

Wir schaffen das

What a great leader she really is.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:26 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:

So who's your choice??
It kind of is the issue though. Have you heard the outrage from some western women whenever a western man ever questions what kind of clothes a woman was wearing or what kind of obviously dangerous situation she was putting herself in? Some of these same women are the ones who are now recommending that western women who come in contact with refugees or even live within the vicinity of them should not wear revealing clothing to avoid "misunderstandings" which is a code word for rape. All of a sudden it's a sensible precaution to take when you are dealing with muslim men...and it is our obligation to invite more of these people into our communities? A western man who even looks at a western woman who is wearing revealing clothing is some sort of perverted degenerate but a muslim man who rapes a woman for not wearing a hijab is just a cultural peculiarity. There is absolutely no logic involved with this mindset. It is a last gasp at holding on to an ideology that is crumbling before your very eyes.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:

So who's your choice??
well, for parents, grandparents, uncles, or aunts (me), their children's safety will be their number one concern.

The bolded is just incredibly insensitive and unkind. We are not talking about women here, we are talking about young girls, and teenagers.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:39 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Readers had very different ideas.

1. Bernie Sanders
2. Malala Yousafzai
3. Pope Francis
4. President Obama
5. Donald Trump
6. Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders Wins TIME Person of the Year Poll

TIME Magazine Snubs Sanders After he Crushes Readers Poll

Old 12-09-2015, 08:48 PM

461 posts, read 333,282 times
So they picked the ex communist that is destroying a once beautiful nation....disgusting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies