Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:40 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,365 times

Advertisements

This needs to be done.

Articles: Where Trump is Wrong on Muslim Immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 07:48 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I think a lot of folks think halting all immigration is a great idea. We are losing the "American culture", and just become a bunch of people who live in the same country and hate everyone who isn't from our home country culture, etc. Diversity is not a strength, but a weakness. As Jesus said, a house divided against itself cannot stand, and that is what we have today. It used to be that people came to this country and largely left their loyalties to their old country behind. Not anymore. Now we have people who come to the country, but hate it? So why did they come? I don't get it. Immigration should be ended for now.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Shut the door.

America is full.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:51 AM

906 posts, read 712,666 times
This is the ridiculous thing that Trump said that led to his downfall. He should just drop out now and save himself the fall from grace...

Old 12-14-2015, 07:55 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
This is the ridiculous thing that Trump said that led to his downfall. He should just drop out now and save himself the fall from grace...
They've been saying Trump is in free fall for at least six months.

“Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word.”
Thomas Sowell

Old 12-14-2015, 08:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Lets get it done then.

The historical norm is to keep unassimilable foreign elements out of your land, not invite them in. Those who recommend even a temporary return to this norm must be called names. Racist! Fascist! Hitler! Immigration über alles!

Once an alien nation within your nation is established, only desperate measures can provide remedy, if the matter is remediable at all. Trump has been called an unserious candidate given to name-calling by the very people now hurling names, as they throw tantrums and react to a most serious issue in a most unserious way. They claim to not want another Fort Hood or San Bernardino, but then propose that the desired different result can be achieved by doing the same thing over and over again.

They’re not just radical. They’re radically insane.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
From the article......... I agree!

We should halt all immigration, as I’ve recommended for years.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:11 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Diversity and tolerance you decide.

"I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built. I think it should be the goal of every person to be tolerant regardless of their religious beliefs. Thus the mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance."

"That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque; thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, "The Turban Cowboy," and the other, a topless bar, would be called "You Mecca Me Hot."

"Across the street should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and
adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant called “Iraq of Ribs."

“Also across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria
Keeps Nothing Secret," with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods" and on the other side a liquor store called "Morehammered."

"All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us.”

Old 12-14-2015, 08:13 AM

906 posts, read 712,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
They've been saying Trump is in free fall for at least six months.

“Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word.”
Thomas Sowell
They've been right. The taller they are, the harder they fall. It's going to be fun watching him tumble. And whoever wrote that needs to brush up on basic biology...

Old 12-14-2015, 08:15 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I think a lot of folks think halting all immigration is a great idea. We are losing the "American culture", and just become a bunch of people who live in the same country and hate everyone who isn't from our home country culture, etc. Diversity is not a strength, but a weakness. As Jesus said, a house divided against itself cannot stand, and that is what we have today. It used to be that people came to this country and largely left their loyalties to their old country behind. Not anymore. Now we have people who come to the country, but hate it? So why did they come? I don't get it. Immigration should be ended for now.
You make some good points. Diversity isn't always good. I'm not sure about ending all immigration, but we should end all muslim immigration. It really doesn't matter, however. As long as Obama is in office, the floodgates are open to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies