Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:55 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times

Advertisements

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/wi...osives-muslims

Quote:
Police found an explosive device Sunday in the home of a 55-year-old Richmond, California man who allegedly threatened to harm the local Muslim community, according to a local report. Police evacuated William Celli's neighborhood when they found a device at his home on Sunday and detonated it, Bay Area TV station KPIX reported. Celli was arrested and booked into county jail on Sunday afternoon, according to the report.

Celli frequently posted on Facebook, where he appeared to align himself with Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump. In October, Celli wrote: "I'll follow this MAN to the end of the world."
Trump's dog whistles politics will inevitably lead to tragedy. He should have stuck to hosting game shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 01:10 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Was he a Yankee fan too?

Old 12-22-2015, 01:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,744 times
I heard he liked Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:48 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I heard he liked Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
Ben & Jerry's panders to bigots now?

Old 12-22-2015, 02:46 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,699,244 times
Aren't all Californians terrorists?

Old 12-22-2015, 03:19 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Man Who'd 'Follow' Trump 'To End Of The World' Arrested In Anti-Muslim Plot

Trump's dog whistles politics will inevitably lead to tragedy. He should have stuck to hosting game shows.

Trump never told anybody to go kill Muslims. All he did ask for is s current pause until we found out what we are doing.

What I hear your side doing is grasping at straws. Which is an appropriate term because it was used in 1534 by Thomas More referring to a desperate, drowning, man grabbing anything that floats - even straw.

If you want to hold this against Trump (which he had no control over); we could hold last summer's riots and police shootings against our President (which he did have control over). Or we could hold Hillary responsible for Benghazi (which she was) or grasping at straws: ACLU | Loring Wirbe | Urges people to kill Trump supporters.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Ben & Jerry's panders to bigots now?
Everything else the guy likes is a conspiracy against Muslims.

I bet he likes Snickers bars.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:27 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Trump never told anybody to go kill Muslims. All he did ask for is s current pause until we found out what we are doing.

What I hear your side doing is grasping at straws. Which is an appropriate term because it was used in 1534 by Thomas More referring to a desperate, drowning, man grabbing anything that floats - even straw.

If you want to hold this against Trump (which he had no control over); we could hold last summer's riots and police shootings against our President (which he did have control over). Or we could hold Hillary responsible for Benghazi (which she was) or grasping at straws: ACLU | Loring Wirbe | Urges people to kill Trump supporters.
When your rhetoric helps create the problem, you are responsible to some degree. The question is how much? And the answer I think is...only a little. But enough that you should not just dismiss it out of hand.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When your rhetoric helps create the problem, you are responsible to some degree. The question is how much? And the answer I think is...only a little. But enough that you should not just dismiss it out of hand.
So what's your objection to stopping Muslims from entering until we can vet them properly?

Old 12-22-2015, 03:48 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Like I said; you can say the same of our President. He, without knowing the facts, immediately said the police were wrong (they were in some cases, but not all). He fanned the flames that ended up with people/police dead. I know that we do have to look at every death at the hands of authorities; but we have to do so with all of the facts and not just kneejerk reactions. President Obama did little more than just fan the flames and the media gobbled it up.

We will always have somebody that goes too far in their own interpretation of anybody's words. Nobody has any control over that; we have to simply lock them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies