Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 09:28 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This is a feminist issue because it can be filed under the broader category of, "See, we really are treated differently!"

It serves the interests of allowing feminists to pretend that their only goal is to be treated the same as men and that they really do want to go through life eating the same giant **** sandwich men do.

If they get what they pretend to want, they won`t be required to take their shirts off and the guy at the office who inadvertently glances at his co-workers ****, covered or not, still gets fired, sued and divorced, so nothing really changes.
I've never heard of someone being fired for looking at someone.

Let me be clear, while I do find the 'free the nipple' movement to be missing a larger point, I have some sympathy in regards to how little sense the current standard actually makes. Despite my Ritz cracker analogy, which perfectly sums up how only an idiot can think current censor laws make any sense, not one person who has responded to me even referred to it, despite my saying it was a key point. Not that people on this forum usually focus on key points.

Regardless, in general, a man's nipple is basically ignored. Yeah, there's a time and place for it, but women don't even have that. If a woman's nipple shows up, it suddenly obscene, despite no real differences existing between a man's nipple and a woman's nipple. While there is a slight physical difference in appearance, it's not different enough to be especially alarming. It's also worth mentioning how weirdly offended are by the human body. Get over it.

And as I've said before, there's a time and place for everything. I do think the women who brandish their free the nipple signs and gather outside their local government building are being ridiculous. But I also think people who just can't believe that Obama flew out of Hell to force us too look at a boob. Look somewhere else if it bothers you. That shouldn't be hard. I do consider nudity to be a form of freedom of expression, but like all freedoms, handle it intelligently. Maybe whipping it out at Walmart isn't a good idea, but do we really need to overreact when something flashes at the gym or swimming pool?

It's the overreaction and weak logic used to uphold the current standards that I oppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
As far as being "Topless" just to be "Topless"...

That's all we need is more Sex to be added to the Immorality of the country.

We have plenty enough of it already.
This is rarely asked, and even rarely answered, but can you explain, in depth, why sex is immoral.

Also, how closely related are boobs and sex really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 09:28 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
You are wrong about this. There is a direct link between nipples and genitals. You are half right --- feet have no such connection. Humans can achieve orgasm through nipple stimulation alone. I don't know why so many either don't seem to know this, or just don't talk about it. It's an indication of either ignorance or repression.
I figured someone would bring this up.

Your foot fetish, explained! – Daniel G Wood

Not all people have a foot fetish, but not all people care for nipple stimulation either. And of those who do (and yes, I'm quite aware that there are SOME people who get off on nipple stimulation), men are most definitely among them. Yet their nipples aren't sexualized.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:33 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,477 times
One more point I'd like to make, especially to parents out there that will have a better understanding. If your daughter was blessed with a "nice set" do you really want a lot of hormone-enraged guys out there staring at her ??

You know, why are we really having this conversation, lol.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
One more point I'd like to make, especially to parents out there that will have a better understanding. If your daughter was blessed with a "nice set" do you really want a lot of hormone-enraged guys out there staring at her ??

You know, why are we really having this conversation, lol.
If I had a daughter as you described, I'd tell her if she sees a boy staring at her, make him uncomfortable and stare back or something. Given how harmless staring actually is, I'd simply make it clear that in that situation, she is in control is she wants to be.

Girls aren't as helpless as we'd all like to think. I'll make sure my daughter can handle herself.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
This is rarely asked, and even rarely answered, but can you explain, in depth, why sex is immoral.
I actually just answered that earlier, but Right place, time and person as I stated, nothing.

But inappropriate sex? Un-wanted Pregnancies, Abortions, Sexual Abuse, Rape, etc.

That should cover enough to make my point.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
If I had a daughter as you described, I'd tell her if she sees a boy staring at her, make him uncomfortable and stare back or something. Given how harmless staring actually is, I'd simply make it clear that in that situation, she is in control is she wants to be.

Girls aren't as helpless as we'd all like to think. I'll make sure my daughter can handle herself.
One on one, maybe she would do OK, but now picture a whole group of guys whooping and hollering.

Any chance of her dominating there ??

Old 12-22-2015, 09:46 AM

461 posts, read 333,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Do you support the Free the Nipple movement? Is it an issue that presidential candidates should address?

Should a woman's choice to be topless in public be legalized nationwide? Why or why not? Discuss.
Breast Feeding is COMPLETELY different than indecent exposure. I absolutely support a woman's right to breast feed as its completely natural and the baby DOES need to eat and its almost universally recommended the first 6 months they are breast fed. My wife never breast fed in public she just didn't feel comfortable but when she did feed in the car or when we were out she used a cover over herself and the baby....no one stared or said anything. I don't know if that's because we live in the south and have more manners or its because I am 6 foot 4,350 pounds of mean looking man but its never been a problem and I support it 100%.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Also, how closely related are boobs and sex really?
If you really don't know, I doubt I could convince you of it, but I will say one thing.

Have you ever heard of Playboy Magazines?

They are on the way out now, mainly because of the computer age we are now in, but my point still holds.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
Quote:
Well, by reversing your comments, why is it so important that we have them exposed??

Also if we did go with "making boobs into something that's no big deal", it would take many decades for it to be implemented.

Besides, I kind of like the way things are. When I first met my wife, itsomething. served no purpose to see them right away. That came later on. Like a wrapped present, lol.
I definitely think there are far bigger problems in the world than toplessness, so I don't think it's a huge priority for women to start tearing their shirts off ASAP. I'm more in favor of simply not charging women as criminals if they go topless on a beach or have the audacity (!) to change a shirt in public or something.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I actually just answered that earlier, but Right place, time and person as I stated, nothing.

But inappropriate sex? Un-wanted Pregnancies, Abortions, Sexual Abuse, Rape, etc.

That should cover enough to make my point.
That's not answer because it doesn't explain anything at all. 'Right time, place, and person' is meaningless without an explanation. Which is what I was after. My general philosophy is that when asking critical questions, you must demand an explanation. Most people will find that they don't understand why the hold a certain view when forced to explain.

I also don't now if unwanted pregnancy is really a moral issue. Sexual assault/rape are also not issues that related to sex, but are rooted in self control and value of human worth. So your point remains uncovered. (I'm avoiding the abortion discussion because if that takes off, the thread is lost to that tired argument; there's a time and place for that discussion too, and this is not that place).

Quote:
One on one, maybe she would do OK, but now picture a whole group of guys whooping and hollering.

Any chance of her dominating there ??
From my experience, men who act like that aren't that hard to defeat. Make one of them feel like an idiot and the focus will go from her to making that one guy feel like more of an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies