Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 04:40 AM

570 posts, read 605,190 times

Advertisements

The important politician today of USA have global responsibilities and usually commit very serious mistakes
because they judge the world only through their culture and do not see other ways of thinking of other radically different cultures .For this it is imperative they travel and they live a certain time in other continents
And it is not enough to have expert advisors.
Besides perhaps because USA it is a very large country the Americans tend to think that think in all World
as in USA and that is the Normal.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 04:02 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,534,821 times
Absolutely not. It's not realistic and it would be unfair to a large portion of the population who has aspirations of entering politics. Also I'm not sure how beneficial it would be to their job, if at all.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
No.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:14 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
No, but it would be beneficial if they had to live among their constituents and actually answer to them. They don't understand where they are, so what makes you think they would understand a complete different culture?

Old 12-28-2015, 02:39 AM

570 posts, read 605,190 times
The british maintained their empire 300 years because their politicians that understood very well the cultures of other countries
And I never they treated to impose democracy for example in other countries.
And curiously they did not leave a hate in these countries and americans are much more generous and cause much hatred-
No se interrogate why ?

Old 12-28-2015, 02:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
The british maintained their empire 300 years because their politicians that understood very well the cultures of other countries
And curiously they did not leave a hate in these countries and americans are much more generous and cause much hatred-
No se interrogate why ?
That is because the British invaded other ountries through Colonialism where they imposed British rule onto foreign countries....so I don't see how Britain is a good example....

Also no, there shouldn't be a requirement for politicians to spend time abroad, but there is nothing wrong with a politician campaigning on that or people voting for candidates that might have more worldly knowledge.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:06 AM

285 posts, read 176,887 times
The United States is an insular society and I'd like to see that change in the future.

While I don't believe that mandatory travel or residence is feasible, I do believe that elected officials at higher levels of government should be doing more to internationalize the United States. Currently, the government, the media and other corporations uphold a framework that conditions Americans to firmly believe that their way of life is consistently "superior" – which is simply not true. The U.S. is outperformed by other developed nations in several areas, but the elites don't want the people to know that simply because they want to keep the crony capitalism going. By keeping people uninformed, they're less likely to demand for something better.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:21 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
That is true, I would like to see our politicians visiting other countries to see what they are doing right, and she how those things could be incorporated into the US to make the US better.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:36 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
You think that it should be for politicians of USA mandatory travel and reside in other continents some time ?

Hell No.

Most of them don't even enough about the USA to properly govern it. Sending them abroad at taxpayer expense would be a waste of time.

If anything, they need to learn more how the average person in the USA lives and has to deal with policies they pass into law.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
No se interrogate why ?
The British were loved?

Mmkay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies