Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 05:59 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times

Advertisements

The kid was shot on the porch. Maybe was ringing the doorbell{or trying to break in?} and when the owner came out he turned to run and was shot in back? Details slowly coming out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 06:21 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
Another one that doesn't read entire story and what they do read automatically think the person actually in the wrong is telling the truth!
DO you have another link since the one you posted only indicated ringing door bells?

Old 01-03-2016, 07:18 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Yes. The country I want to live in is where a teenager can be shot and killed for a small practical joke.
Not too much concern over a 9 year old killed while doing homework on mom's bed as colateral damage from a gang turf war. the murder of innocents causes less concern than some 'prankster' just off the 15 year average age of gang members.

A practical joke is in the eye of the beholder and always in retrospect.

You prefer to live in a country where legislators continue topass ineffective gun laws whilemore people die inthe aftermath of gangs and drugs. The gangs of course are exempt from gun laws. The clusters of violence are not the best places to play practical jokes as the potential victims are quite on edge. You think some gangbanger is up to a practical joke at 2am?

Old 01-03-2016, 07:21 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,356,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
Must be nice to live in a fantasy. WHAT homeowner/gun owner do you know that would just open fire on someone JUST ringing a door bell? I don't. I live in a neighborhood so it happens a lot. I want to live in a country where I can defend my property from little 14 year old thugs trying to break into my country who lies about what he was doing so he doesn't get in trouble.
While not common, the reality is that there are cowards in this country who would pull a gun on an unarmed teenager. Teenagers need to be aware that these kinds of idiots exist and tread more carefully.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:41 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He probably was more po'd than afraid. This guy shot the teen in the back, outside the house. Anger, not fear.
Maybe, although I think fear and anger might be related in this case.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
While not common, the reality is that there are cowards in this country who would pull a gun on an unarmed teenager. Teenagers need to be aware that these kinds of idiots exist and tread more carefully.
Another reality is that there are parents who have no idea what their kids are doing at night or any other time. Another reality is that there are kids in this country that prey upon the elderly.
1:30 am and someone is ringing the door bell. I am not assuming that it's the local priest stopping by for tea. especially if it has happened a few times that night.
How did the shooter know the kid was unarmed?
What teenagers need to be aware of is respecting other people.
Once again ignore the actions of the teenagers and assume the worst about the shooter. I haven't heard both sides of the story yet.
What I have heard is that a complete lack of parental supervision allowed the teens to roam the streets at night harassing people.
If the kids were running across the street in front of traffic, taunting cars and one got hit, would you still blame the driver?
In this case we haven't heard the other side. If the boy's story pans out I'll be the first to condemn the shooter. Until then I am not calling the shooter a coward or a murderer. He may very well be both, but I don't know.
There is a lot we don't know. Maybe the shooter was the constant target for harassment. Who knows?

Old 01-03-2016, 08:15 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
I recall "ding ding ditching" a couple times when I was little. Although we had a different name for it. Times have changed. Everything is life threatening now, whether it's popcorn thrown at you or **** knocking.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:43 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83
LMAO idiot got what he deserved. OH and I DOUBT he was JUST ringing the door bell. Someone rings my door bell my first reaction is NOT to grab my pistol and open fire.
Yes but your not most ppl who are so brainwashed now they cant properly think!!

Old 01-04-2016, 08:56 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
It's called conditioning.
Tempt a kid to be mischievous, and then progressively do things a bit more challenging.
It's how it starts.
I have witnessed it many times my self.
Bored kids first curious get involved in pranks , then advance to being more aggressive to impress one another.
If one of the events score, now they are addicted or on the way.
In the olden days farmers shot kids with shot guns and rock salt to teach them a lesson.
People that had a clear reputation for defending them self, got left alone, no one dared bother them.
Kids know the law, and bank on their age to get them off serious charges, and usually the courts give into it. that has to stop.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:20 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Not once does the mother explain why she allowed her 14 year old son out roaming the streets at 1:30 in the morning. Not once does she explain how her son's behavior is in any way acceptable. Not once does she address that people have a right to not be harassed by her son. She only complains that her son was shot. Her son was shot because her skills as a parent were obviously lacking. Her son was shot because he was harassing people at 1:30 in the morning.
Should he have been shot? I say no. That said had he been at home where he belonged, he would be healthy and no shooting would have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies