Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 02:41 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
What better way to prove the truth and dispense the negativity than have those records and articles released now?
he released his birth certificate in june 2008 and that didn't "dispense the negativity".

Last edited by wrecking ball; 01-04-2016 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 02:49 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
He does not have this standard for himself about his own past.
Was anything you said an accurate statement?

Quote:
He wants to erode freedoms and take guns, but he's doing nothing about the mentally I'll or the parents who teach those kinds how to shoot.
Obama does not want to take away gun rights, he only wants to pass laws to stop shootings. And Obama has tried to pass gun laws for the mentally ill but republicans block the laws.

Beyond Gun Control: Republicans Routinely Sabotage Mental Health And Police Budgets | ThinkProgress
Quote:
President Obama, open your college transcripts and writings. What are you hiding, did you falsify your status and say you were something you were not for grants and scholarships maybe?

Maybe you were a C minus student Or worse?

Maybe you wrote like the radical way you've been governing?

Ask not from us what you yourself will not make public Mr. Obama.
Presidents don't release records like those, just like GW Bush did not release his.
Obama’s ‘Sealed’ Records

And Obama has released MUCH more information than Mitt Romney did.
Forbes Welcome

Quote:
More Obama Fubar!
Its actually more corporate republicans talking meaningless social gossip that is manipulating or not even true. Then everyone can keep their attention off the real issues so the republicans can win elections and vote in supply side tax cuts and corporate deregulation.

Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

How Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz Would Radically Increase Taxes on Everyone But the Rich | Tax Justice Blog

Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Make the Rich Richer, Uncle Sam Poorer - Fortune

Old 01-04-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
OP - you're banging your head against a wall ....
if there is anything i've said that is false i welcome you to point it out.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:24 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
What better way to prove the truth and dispense the negativity than have those records and articles released now? Of these things can be compiled after the presidential term for the library - they existed while the person was serving his term.

OP - you're banging your head against a wall talking to some of the biggest liberal trolls on the board.
A President spying on others should open all his files up.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:35 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yeppers......Obama has refused to kiss any right wing conservative azz for any price. On that, he has maintained consistancy.
Yeah, same as he maintained that his administration would have total transparency

Old 01-04-2016, 09:51 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:

He wants to erode freedoms and take guns, but he's doing nothing about the mentally I'll or the parents who teach those kinds how to shoot.

President Obama, open your college transcripts and writings. What are you hiding, did you falsify your status and say you were something you were not for grants and scholarships maybe?

More Obama Fubar!
If you go by ego then we have.the greatest ever in office taking America down IMO.
Many states have reduced funding for the mentally ill. Why is that obamas fault. And why are we still harping on his transcripts

Old 01-04-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I bet a President Trump will be asked to have his school records open and he will comply.
one of my favorite episodes in the birther fiasco was the release of donald trump's birth certificates. first trump falsely claimed that a HI Certificate Of Live Birth (COLB) isn't legal proof of birth ( it is ). then he released his own hospital issued birth certificate ...... which isn't legal proof of birth ( they are souvenir, only state issued are legal proof. trump would release a state issued birth certificate when the error was pointed out to him ).

later, in an attempt to prove that his father wasn't an orangutan ( i'm not making this stuff up ), trump released a NY COLB to prove the facts of his birth ...... the exact same thing he claimed wasn't legal proof of birth!

Old 01-04-2016, 11:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:

More Obama Fubar!
If you go by ego then we have.the greatest ever in office taking America down IMO.
Seriously, did this make sense to you? Not sure what kind of link you think you're drawing between gun control ideas and Obama's college transcripts. The two are completely unrelated. It's like trying to argue the logical irony of civil war ships and day-old cream cheese.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:51 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Do you honestly think the conspiracy nuts would accept it if released? Secondly, why should Obama release information NO OTHER President released while in office?? Why should Obama release information NO other candidate has released while in office?? Why aren't you requesting this information from ANY other President or ANY candidate that is running?

Personally - I don't care if the nuts accept it or not. As a Democrat - I don't believe a thing that comes out of this guy's mouth - I've lost faith in the party because of him and the Clintons. He promised transparency - where is it? Why can't he be different and release things even tho others didn't? In one mindset - you people are claiming he's different - but in your statement he can't be transparent because no one else was so he's got to be one of the good old boys.

The man does what he wants regardless of what others have done before - but I have serious problems with the lack of transparency before and after the election. Until this party takes responsibility for it's actions, lies, and cover - ups - I'll be looking elsewhere for our next President. It's the disenchanted democrats that are looking at these so called outsiders - and there are many of us.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Why can't he be different and release things even tho others didn't?
i can only speculate at an answer to this, and i can think of a few reasons, but the biggest reason would be to look at the history of obama's birth certificate:

obama released his birth certificate online in june 2008, the first presidential candidate/POTUS to do so ( since then romney, trump and cruz have made their birth certificates available online ). immediately after it's release came claims that it was a digital forgery and/or that a HI COLB is not legal proof of birth ( it is ). that summer factcheck took photos of the physical document and the birther claims continued that it was a forgery. in october 2008 the HI department of health, under a republican administration, confirmed the facts of obama's birth and legitimacy of the birth certificate...... and the claims continued! many of the birthers then stated that if they could see the "long-form" birth certificate (LFBC) with hospital and doctor, which HI stopped issuing in 2001, that it would put an end to it. obama, under special agreement with the HI department of health, released his LFBC in 2011..... and birther claims escalated !!! ( thanks to sheriff joe arpaio and the comically incompetent cold case posse )

there is nothing in the history of the birth certificate to indicate that the release of obama's college records would appease those that are demanding them. just the opposite. more than likely they would become fuel for more conspiracy theory speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies