Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 07:01 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
No more “see something, say something” ?

Just a couple weeks ago some of the leading Democrats in the House of Representatives sponsored House Resolution 569 to silence anyone saying anything negative about the Muslim faith. Anyone who is a democrat ought to recognize the danger to themselves that this resolution poses. Everyone should bombard D.C. with their letters and phone calls to express opposition. This bill must not pass. ISLAM itself PROHIBITS people from criticizing it. Why isn't that enough? Oh, I see...we have two Muslims in the House who are sponsors of this Resolution. Muslims have promised to use our laws to eventually defeat us. Well, for those scoffers who just couldn't see how it would ever happen, here is an example. It's happening.

Who are these Dem sponsors? Some of them:

Muslim Congressmen Keith Ellison and Andre Carson
Eleanor Holmes Norton
Loretta Sanchez
Charles Rangel
Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Joe Kennedy
Al Green
Judy Chu
Debbie Dingell
Niki Tsongas
John Conyers,
José Serrano
Hank Johnson

House Resolution 569 condemns “violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.” The Resolution has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
Every single one of these members of congress should be dragged to the banks of the Potomic River for what they deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 07:02 PM

552 posts, read 314,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If you cannot swear an oath go God, your oath is worthless.
Jesus said, "May your yes be yes, and your no be no".

Old 01-06-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
please provide an example of Jews trying to "defeat us" using our own laws.
Where to start? It's been happening since at least 1913.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:06 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
So you feel hateful/threatening speech wonderful and you find bigotry a good thing?

The Supreme Court has recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence.

The resolution poses no threat to the American way of life, nor are you going to be arrested for being a completely bankrupt of any common sense.

Here is what the resolution said:

Oh that's so scary.

In other words, all I have to do is get violent when I hear certain words or phrases and those words or phrases will then get banned to make sure I don't become violent. Right?

Just... wow.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Another Jew hater! I suggest you refocus on the real enemy of the free world, Islam! As a Christian, I am a Jew by adoption. I will stand with Israel proudly! They are my brothers and sisters! Islam is our enemy.
Islam is put up as a proxy enemy to distract attention from the real culprits. It is brilliant psychological manipulation. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". What better way to make everyone be a friend of the Jews then by pitting them against the Muslims?

Old 01-06-2016, 07:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Hillary is one of the most unqualified presidential candidates the country has ever had but I've not seen her do this. Could you quote it?

Again...this isn't a law.....just a feel good resolution.
"Feel good?" Who is it that needs to 'feel good' with this?

You really should do your own research on Hillary and her involvement in that, and in so much more.

Hillary co-chaired the Istanbul Meeting that Kicked off the “Istanbul Process”, the first of many in response to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation's (OIC) demand for restrictions on freedom of expression guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) had been pushing for criminalizing criticism of Islam as far back as 1999, the objective of the OIC is to make illegal “defamation of religions” but the process needed some tweeking. The conference in Istanbul, which Hillary co-chaired, took place a little more than one year prior to the Benghazi attacks.

The State Department and, in several cases, the specific direction of the Secretary of State, have taken actions recently that “have been enormously favorable to the Muslim Brotherhood and its interests.

A succession of meetings with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) – a multinational group that is, like the Muslim Brotherhood, determined to impose shariah worldwide. These are now known as “the Istanbul Process” and we are aimed at finding ways to accommodate the OIC’s demands for restrictions on freedom of expression guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, so as to preclude “blasphemy” against Islam and its adherents.

New Evidence Reveals Obama And Hillary Found Conspiring To End Criticism Of Islam In America - Walid Shoebat

Oh, what a tangled web they’ve woven for themselves. Anyone interested in Benghazi should check this link for sure. And this woman thinks she deserves our vote?

Old 01-06-2016, 07:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"Feel good?" Who is it that needs to 'feel good' with this?
It's of little concern to me.

Quote:
You really should do your own research on Hillary and her involvement in that, and in so much more.
I say Hillary is unqualified to be president and you come back with walid shoebat?

Old 01-06-2016, 07:22 PM

Interesting stats for supporters of this Resolution to protect Muslims, specifically, and Islam in general.

Of all 1,149 anti-religious hate crimes reported in the United States in 2014, only 16.1% were directed against Muslims, according to the FBI.

By contrast, over half of all anti-religious hate crimes were directed against Jews – 56.8%.

criminalizing criticism of Islam | The Counter Jihad Report

Where is the Resolution to protect our Jewish population?

Old 01-06-2016, 07:23 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Islam is put up as a proxy enemy to distract attention from the real culprits. It is brilliant psychological manipulation. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". What better way to make everyone be a friend of the Jews then by pitting them against the Muslims?

My working theory is you can have 1st and 2nd amendment rights or you can have Islam and multiculturalism, but not both. The people in power are choosing Islam and multiculturalism over the 1st and 2nd amendment and homogeneity.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's of little concern to me.

I say Hillary is unqualified to be president and you come back with walid shoebat?
You said you weren't aware of Hillary being supportive of restricting criticism of Islam. It's documented in that link.

So, go ahead and shoot the messenger. Is that the only thing you can find wrong with the article?

Great. Now you know a bit more about her than you did before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies