Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 07:33 PM

248 posts, read 172,800 times

Advertisements

For the record, I never said I loved paying income taxes. I'm simply okay with doing my part, paying my own way and not passing it on to the next guy. And I'm smart enough to put a $2.00 calculator to use to figure my actual tax percentage which despite all the over spending and misappropriating of funds is still a reasonable percentage when compared to the other legit countries of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 07:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Nope but I do know others who do gripe. Why gripe, most of us know we have to pay taxes and do.

Most people would like not paying taxes or paying less, all comes with the territority.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
For the record, I never said I loved paying income taxes. I'm simply okay with doing my part, paying my own way and not passing it on to the next guy. And I'm smart enough to put a $2.00 calculator to use to figure my actual tax percentage which despite all the over spending and misappropriating of funds is still a reasonable percentage when compared to the other legit countries of the world.
It's bad here but worse elsewhere. okay but it's still bad here. Never settle for low quality.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
WOW...Mama always said:
"Some people will say things...not to make sense...just to say things."
"You can't reason with the unreasonable."
"You can't teach the unteachable."
"Common sense isn't always common."
"Sometimes you're better off spending your time watching the grass grow."

Thanks for proving her right once again.
You never countered one thing. Instead you posted cliches.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:45 PM

282 posts, read 236,430 times
Same type of people that think Congress is a room full of idiots.
Nevermind that nearly all of them are successful lawyers and businessmen with post-graduate educations and decades of experience.
I like to think of the two parties as two sports teams. They're trying to get that ball to their side and the other team is doing the same. And all the while, we only get bills passed or blocked if one side can succeed.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:05 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setchel View Post
Nevermind that nearly all of them are successful lawyers and businessmen with post-graduate educations and decades of experience.
I like to think of the two parties as two sports teams. They're trying to get that ball to their side and the other team is doing the same. And all the while, we only get bills passed or blocked if one side can succeed.
I'd say crooks and control freaks more than idiots.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:08 PM

639 posts, read 580,045 times
Except for the one that thought an island would capsize, Safe to call hin an idiot. Otherwise more dishonest then stupid.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:42 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your post is garbage. People who pay little don't complain nearly as much as those that pay more.

If you mean property tax when you say real estate taxes, everyone pays real estate taxes.
Yea everyone keep paying. Since you're so gung ho I bet you pay more than you owe right? pfffftt
That's what I want to do, pay into the Federal government for sub par quality, for things that I'll never use and never benefit from.
Do as you're told mundane.
Well..when yo get a Congress that defund subsidies..defunds programs..and then of course you have State Governments who put their $$ into things NOT benefiting regular folks..Then YES..Complain..BUT it's hardly POTUS's fault when a Congress ( Federal Level) and STATE refusing to ) excuses due to blaming of pensions and other things..I say..Get money out of political election ions..because those elected pander to their donors ..NOT the people..and YES..Goes from local/STATE and Federally elected officials..and yep..They fund raise ( on all levels) then regardless of level..gerrymander districts to regain POWER!! Power..and fundings often dictate HOW THAT POWER is USED!!!

Taxes is meant for everybody..however those at the tope don't pay those taxes because of Loopholes created by those in power...Aby wonder why Local/Satate/Federal run out of money??? Trickle down has been proven to be FALSE for many many decades!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Childless full time minimum wage workers pay an effective FIT rate below 4% and I think they have a perfect right to complain, given the fact they are unable to save 1% for retirement.
Ohhh My..PAT ON HEAD!! Go and complain..and keep using the roads..bridges and services everyday..and once lack of fundings those perks no longer there...THEN complain because you have hardships due to lack of infrastructure!!! You do not seem to understand whatever taxes you pay goes into everyday benefits..which you take for granted and short term memory has forgotten how THESE BENEFITS were PAID FOR!!! and MAINTAINED!!! Get over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The great thing about capitalism is that it's up to employers and a growing number of employers disagree with you.
Boo Hooo..Employer's complaining now are the one's who have used and abused the system....IF they are so dumb and not use their common sense..as Trickle Down Economy was debunked many decades ago!!! Can't skate on the back of the poor and lower income middle class....Too bad so sad!!

Modern Day Slavery describes what is going on..and YEP even Walmart realizes their bubble has burst ...No longer can they exploit the poor and drain many many millions from the taxpayer to subsidize the underpaid workers any more!! It's a reckoning LONG OVERDUE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
To be fair, local taxes also need to be added in. I do think people have a point if there complaining about how there being spent. but yes, most people probably have know idea what they pay overall.
Those that do not understand where their tax dollars actually go to..need to get educated..because many of them listen to biased media..and become anti-tax..all the while benefit daily for same taxes!! So hey..Low-information..Or just plain Ignorant and Politically motivated..speaks to a lot of their angst!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setchel View Post
You are right..Congress population made up of Republicans and Democrats have turned governing into a "Sports Areana"..Pretty sad, eh? Because Congress's job is to govern..NOT play ride money..bad mouth others..block and hide dynamite riders to good bills just to stop them from passing....House and Senate leaders should be held accountable for what they spew daily on media airwaves!!

Old 01-16-2016, 08:51 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
I understand that taxes are an necessary evil. I complain about the blatant waste of tax dollars and the arrogance of our elected reps who feel empowered to waste.
43 million dollar gas station in Afghanistan.
The F-35
Millions spent to study why lesbians are fat and gay men are fit.
billions in foreign aid
billions in pork added to the defense budget
The perks our elected reps enjoy
Just to name a few.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:13 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I understand that taxes are an necessary evil. I complain about the blatant waste of tax dollars and the arrogance of our elected reps who feel empowered to waste.
43 million dollar gas station in Afghanistan.
The F-35
Millions spent to study why lesbians are fat and gay men are fit.
billions in foreign aid
billions in pork added to the defense budget
The perks our elected reps enjoy

Just to name a few.
BBM~~ And just how does those billions benefit the everyday American??? Nope..It benefits those donors who gain tax benefits..contracts as Private sector business interest ...and hey..no one who complains...can gain traction..because Political rhetoric stoke FEAR++++ in order to maintain such expenditures...

???? Who is stoking the FEARS??? Who gains with such fear mongering?? Who really understands what their Politicians is yelling at them daily??? Media only puts spotlights of sensational headlines..demands answers from OTHER POLITICIANS..but not very many expose just what and why the system is Rigged!!

Donor's++++ Money$$$$$!! Game plan!! Don't care that their words hurt multi-millions..double down on them..placate their donor's....

Okay..When will the real people who have LIVE within that world count? Oh wait..think I've heard many politicians of today and days gone by say the very same thing...Difference is that media and social media is 24/7..Back in the day it was like 2-4 hours reported on by REPUTABLE /well vetted information before it is actually reported..NOW it's full on report..to get thumbs up and then deny mis-informations after the fact..all the while..millions have read the crap and never got corrected ..so swallow it as somehow truths....SMH!!

Contrary to the belief that people actually fact check info they get..Most hear it, see it..believe it..especially if it suits their agenda...thus from that day forth..that lie gets constantly repeated....Welcome to freedom to be an ignorant society!! Responsibility to vet info..verify what one hears..and put that info up against proof/verifiable by a neutral fact finder..Conspiracy theorist somehow have an allergic reactions to information unless it comes from snake oil salesmen/Women!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies